Windows 10: Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

Discus and support Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows.. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows 10 Anniversary Update [img] Possibly the most despised feature of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 13, 2016.

1. Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows.. [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.neowin.net/news/like-seei...versary-update

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows.. [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

Cluster Head, May 13, 2016

2. Can they fully be uninstalled and removed from my account

I have no main problems with them being there, as long as they can be fully got rid of

I still have Candy Crush showing on my account from this last time, which i cannot remove from my account and get recommendations based on it

:)

paulsalter, May 13, 2016
  3. ThrashZone, May 13, 2016
  4. Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

not seeing apps

I have been running windows 10 for almost a month and loving and all of a sudden, the "start button" isn't the same. It looks like it did prior to my upgrade to windows 10 (I previously ran windows 7). Also, because of this, I'm not able to access my
    apps. I've gone as far as reinstalling windows 10 hoping that would fix the problem.

Poodlelady2, May 13, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Have you tried this Paul ?

(To remove Candy Crush Saga app from current account only)
    *Arrow Get-AppxPackage *CandyCrushSaga* | Remove-AppxPackage

OldMike65, May 13, 2016
  6. Thanks, I have done that

Is there any way to get rid of it from my MS account?
    If i look in the Store it says i own it and gives me recommendations because of this, I dont want to own it *Smile, i want it gone

paulsalter, May 13, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok give this one a shot Paul
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *CandyCrushSodaSaga* | Remove-AppxPackage
    OR this one ...depending on the name...
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *CandyCrushSaga* | Remove-AppxPackage

OldMike65, May 13, 2016
  8. Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

That just removes it from the PC?

I have never actually installed it on the PC, but it is in my MS account as an app that i own (with various others)

When i go into the Store and look at My Library, this is an app in there, this is where i want it gone from

Dont think its possible to do, unless this feature has been added into one of the insider builds

paulsalter, May 13, 2016
  9. I really wish they would change that policy of use once and its forever yours. My Store "My Library" is littered with Apps I never ever used. Mostly OEM installed Apps that were pre installed on my laptop. Once I logged in with my Microsoft ID they were all instantly added to my Store My Library. *Devil Even though I never ever used them and immediately uninstalled them. *Mad

alphanumeric, May 13, 2016
  10. They would have to redo the Store App, and maybe even how the Store itself works. I can see locking in paid for App's. I don't see why free and trial aps are locked in though? All you can do is complain via the feedback App.

11. OldMike65 Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto*Ditto

OldMike65, May 13, 2016
  12. will need to go back to the feedback app and see if i can find some of these to upvote, or add if i cant find many

when i first got Win 8 i tried loads of apps, later removed because they where rubbish, then did the same with 10 when it came out

now, like you i have a store full of apps i will never use, and OEM apps that are not compatible with 10, lol

paulsalter, May 13, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

Maybe .....down the road, we will have a way to remove this junk ....just might take some time. *Sad

OldMike65, May 13, 2016
  14. I have a bunch listed as "Will not work on this device". That is one thing that really pisses me off. Try an App but don't like it, good luck ever getting ride of it. *Mad My "My Library" is basically useless now. Its a pain just finding the apps I do use.

15. All my Win Phone ones are in that area (plus a few others)

almost a 50/50 split of ones that do work and ones that dont work on this device *Sad

paulsalter, May 13, 2016
Thema:

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

1. Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows.. - Similar Threads - seeing Promoted Apps

2. How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu: Starting next month and available as a preview right now, Windows 11's Start Menu will show promotions for certain apps. This time, advertised apps will show up in the recommended section of the Start Menu of the operating system. The new placement complements the...
  3. Windows 11: Microsoft rolls out Start Menu Promotions

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11: Microsoft rolls out Start Menu Promotions: Microsoft released optional updates for its Windows 11 operating system yesterday. These non-security updates may introduce new features and changes to Windows. The official changelog of KB5023778 for Windows 11 version 22H2 lists bug fixes, improvements and changes. These...
  4. how to see start menu in explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to see start menu in explorer: I don't like the windows 10 tiles. how do i make the menu appear just like windows 7? PLUS, somehow I can't see APPDATA under my user name but I see it under others....
  5. Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu: I click on the clock to show Recently Added/Used Apps, but I still only see Most Used Apps. I tried changing this on the System Settings but still nothing. Tried rebooting my PC and nothing. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/RedditUser_2594 [link] [comments]...
  6. My Start menu layout - I LOVE how customisable it is :D

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Start menu layout - I LOVE how customisable it is :D: submitted by /u/Wakellor957 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiv3lc/my_start_menu_layout_i_love_how_customisable_it/
  7. Squeezeplay --Love this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Squeezeplay --Love this app: Hi folks for playing things from Squeezeboxserver --brilliant app that still is maintained and supported today - uses hardware also like optical receivers etc -- far cheaper than the equivalent systems today e.g sonos etc you can use a software player on windows as well....
  8. XP like start menu for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    XP like start menu for Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu is too complex to operate. We always have to type the word to find a program or unless needs to use two fingers to go through the program list. New so called 'Tiled' layout is really unhelpful and useless feature. Are there any option in windows 10 to...
  9. Start menu search like Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search like Windows 7: Hello, I have lots of files in my pc and I usually search them by typing phrases I remember are containted in them. This used to work fine in windows 7's start menu, but windows 10 does not show all the files. It shows a few in the best match window, and then I have to...
  10. Store, start menu, taskbar, and apps like calc not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store, start menu, taskbar, and apps like calc not working: I originally wanted to completely disable the UAC as the admin permission messages that popped for almost any/everything i wanted to do were very annoying. I dont remember exactly what i did, but it was something in gpedit or something similar to it. After i did that my...