Windows 10: Listen to external device music through earbuds?

Discus and support Listen to external device music through earbuds? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; seems like an easy task but I'm missing something. I've read a tutorial on this site and can hear the music through my PC speakers but I can't hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lbeck, May 6, 2020.

1. lbeck Win User

Listen to external device music through earbuds?

seems like an easy task but I'm missing something. I've read a tutorial on this site and can hear the music through my PC speakers but I can't hear through my earbuds. My setup is from the headset plug on my device (electronic piano) to the front mike input on my PC. I can hear the device sound fine through PC speakers but not from my earbuds (headset item in second image below). I tried setting to "line in" from back of PC. There I get low volume through PC speakers but still nothing from earbuds. The earbuds are properly paired and I can hear other stuff (e.g., YouTube) but nothing from my external device.

What am I missing?

Listen to external device music through earbuds? [​IMG]

:)

lbeck, May 6, 2020
  2. lbeck Win User

seems like an easy task but I'm missing something. I've read a tutorial on this site and can hear the music through my PC speakers but I can't hear through my earbuds. My setup is from the headset plug on my device (electronic piano) to the front mike input on my PC. I can hear the device sound fine through PC speakers but not from my earbuds (headset item in second image below). I tried setting to "line in" from back of PC. There I get low volume through PC speakers but still nothing from earbuds. The earbuds are properly paired and I can hear other stuff (e.g., YouTube) but nothing from my external device.

What am I missing?

lbeck, May 6, 2020
  3. Gjohnst4 Win User
    Recomend good earbuds for gaming on the go

Recomend a good pair of earbuds to complement my laptop's external Creative Sound card for gaming and music?
    Had some sony earbuds and stepped on them >< So! Looking for some quality sound!

Gjohnst4, May 6, 2020
  4. Joe Men Win User

earbuds arent working

Hello
    NolaAY

Thank you for posting in our community. We're here to help.

For us to isolate your concern, please provide the following information:

• What is the make and model of the device that you're using to listen to music and watch videos?
    • What operating system is the device running on? Please include the build version.
    • Are the earbuds wireless or wired?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Joe Men, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Listen to external device music through earbuds? - Similar Threads - Listen external device

2. Disable External Device Through USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable External Device Through USB: I have an external device without an on/off switch connected to my computer that stays lit up even when the pc is locked or asleep. I would like to disable that one specific USB port when my computer is asleep so that it gets no power or be able to manually disable it so it...
  3. Disable External Device Through USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable External Device Through USB: I have an external device without an on/off switch connected to my computer that stays lit up even when the pc is locked or asleep. I would like to disable that one specific USB port when my computer is asleep so that it gets no power or be able to manually disable it so it...
  4. Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?: I recently got a windows pc and downloaded iTunes because I have the subscription. I connected a pair of wired headphones to my pc and played a song from my library tab and I came out of the speakers. Any other sounds that are from the internet or the sound tests came out...
  5. How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to listen to Microphone through a Playback Device on Windows 10: Windows 10 allows PC users to listen to a portable music player or other device connected to the microphone jack through a selected playback device such as your computer speakers or headphone. In this post, we will show you how to listen to microphone through a Playback...
  6. "listen to this device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "listen to this device": I've been using a soundboard for a couple of days along with VB Audio Cable to play silly sound clips through game chat while I'm streaming. Today the feature "listen to this device" won't work, as you have the Virtual audio cable "listen" to the output of whatever you want...
  7. unable to listen to device through playback settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to listen to device through playback settings: So about a month ago i updated my sound drivers - and ever since then i have been unable to listen to my mic through the playback settings, i can listen to it through the record/mic settings but then there is a lag. I can't even back up to the point prior the update. How can...
  8. whatching video and listening music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    whatching video and listening music: Hello I installed 360 total security app on my laptop This program has informed me that there are a few junk files on your laptop and they should be remove to speed up your top laptop. It removed the files and now video and music is not being played on my laptop. Now 67...
  9. BSOD while listening music

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while listening music: Can someone help me with this one? BSOD appeared while I was listening some music trough Windows 10 Groove app. Here is the minidump file link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RNGdf4p_V-wUUZaepOuY_gwE01GeFAnu And here is the WhoCrashed report: On Fri 20/07/2018...
  10. Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows: How to: Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows How to Listen to Microphone through a Playback Device in Windows If you like, you can listen to your microphone through a selected playback device such as your computer speakers or headphone. You can...