Windows 10: Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz

Discus and support Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, a tech support from Microsoft changed the account type in my Windows 10 local account listed as (Other : Home Users, ?) to Administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EL Micro, Mar 16, 2019.

1. EL Micro Win User

Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz

Recently, a tech support from Microsoft changed the account type in my Windows 10 local account listed as (Other : Home Users, ?) to Administrator using the NETPLWIZ command. After he did some work on my computer, he changed the account type of the account back to (Other : Home Users). He was not able to change back to the original account type of the account (Other: Home Users, ?, I didn't remember the second item) because that was not listed there. Group user of Home Users is the closest match for the original Homes Users, ?. As the result, the local account icon is now missing on the screen when I boot up the computer and try to login in. I also checked the User Account using the Control Panel, the local account is not listed there either. What can cause this problem ? Can Anyone help me get my local account back when I try to login in and get the local account registered in User Account again ?

:)

EL Micro, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz :(

Zakin, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 16, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz

How do I change the profile or account of the default login

Dave and Dave-Desktop appear to be the same user account. You can login in with a PIN. And it is an administrator. So, this is what I would do before you manage to lock yourself out...

Create a temp local account:
    Add User Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Change that temporary local account to an administrator:
    Change Account Type in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

In netplwiz you should be able to reset the password on the Dave-Desktop account.

NavyLCDR, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Local account in windows 10 at login missing after changing the account type using netplwiz - Similar Threads - Local account login

2. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login: So I have been pulling my hair trying to Google-fu that's a verb, btw the answer to this. Everything I can find either doesn't line up with my circumstances precisely or about 89% of the time there's an answer, the person answering is not understanding the exact issue and/or...
  3. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login: So I have been pulling my hair trying to Google-fu that's a verb, btw the answer to this. Everything I can find either doesn't line up with my circumstances precisely or about 89% of the time there's an answer, the person answering is not understanding the exact issue and/or...
  4. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  6. Cannot login using local account

Cannot login using local account: I want to unlink my microsoft account from my laptop so I can have a local account instead, but the option to do so is missing from my settings. after googling many times to see how to fix this, i could not find an answer besides just clicking the button that lets me use a...
  7. Administrator Account is Gone after using Netplwiz!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account is Gone after using Netplwiz!: Not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry if irs wrong!!! It started when I wanted to help my mom change her account name on her computer, but she didnt know what the administrative password was, despite being administrator. She wasn’t interested in finding it out...
  8. Local Account missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local Account missing: I have seen online that this is an issue when I was trying to ditch my MS account. I would prefer to have a local one for security concerns. I cannot set one up. It is missing. I went to Computer Management. It is also missing from the menu. Has anyone found a fix? submitted...
  9. change account type to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change account type to local account: Why change account type to local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-to-local-account/da9d0232-02dc-4c00-a93f-785072c885f3"
  10. Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login: So I originally started with a local account but then signed into the store with a MS account. I changed the setting where users are required to enter a password through netplwiz (like this) and making a password not required after waking from sleep. But after doing this and...