Windows 10: Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer

Discus and support Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a newsreader that wants the executable program name on my Windows 10 Pro desktop when opening .jpeg, .jpg files. In older Windows OS I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by volvos40, Mar 23, 2020.

1. volvos40 Win User

Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer

I have a newsreader that wants the executable program name on my Windows 10 Pro desktop when opening .jpeg, .jpg files. In older Windows OS I could find the .exe file in a systems or systems 32 directory. Anyone know where Windows 10 Pro keeps this file ? (also, I dl'd the reg file that allows my to graphically point to the Windows Photo Viewer as 'open Other app' ....so I can open jpeg files from Explorer). Again this newsreader program isn't a graphical option to select the Windows Photo Viewer. thanks

:)

volvos40, Mar 23, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    photo viewer

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as corrupted system file or your graphic driver needs to be updated. To isolate your issues about viewing photos in
    Windows Photo Viewer, we just have a few questions:

• Is the issue the same with a different image file format?
    • Have you tried using the Photo app to check if the issue is the same?
    • Is the issue only occurs with the photos that were captured using your DSLR camera?
    • Have you tried downloading photos online and check if the issue is the same?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, to troubleshoot your issue in using the Windows Photo Viewer, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter. To do so, click on this
    link. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you update your graphic driver. To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer

Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer

1. Locate the executable file for windows photo viewer - Similar Threads - Locate executable file

2. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location: Ive installed the old photo viewer from Win7 and it works fine but I got files I cant select it as "open with" even tho I know they can be opened with it. So I need to find the .exe file to select it from the menu but I dont really remember where it got installed or how to...
  3. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location: Ive installed the old photo viewer from Win7 and it works fine but I got files I cant select it as "open with" even tho I know they can be opened with it. So I need to find the .exe file to select it from the menu but I dont really remember where it got installed or how to...
  4. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Store Executable file location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Executable file location: Microsoft Store Executable file location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-executable-file-location/fa06d159-c8ba-43f8-8a5b-2a30b75e17c3
  6. Microsoft Store Executable file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Executable file location: Microsoft Store Executable file location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-executable-file-location/fa06d159-c8ba-43f8-8a5b-2a30b75e17c3
  7. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: Question raised previously by: mslacat2363 September 2019 Ian Hicks May 2020 We use an Electronic Document Management System EDMS for all of our Project Deliverables. This includes multiple different file formats, such as .pdf .dgn .docx .xlsx .jpg .png etc. For all...
  8. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: I have the same problem as mslacat2363 September 2019 I can attach a file to my data actually, just the file link, the original file remains on disk. My program needs to know what type of file it is. It uses: E = String260, Chr0 i = FindExecutablesFilePath,...
  9. Where is MS Photo viewer exe located

Where is MS Photo viewer exe located: Sorry this is a bone head question but I am at wits end and googling the questions did not help. I have a brand new windows 10 computer. One of my programs wants to to know how to handle/display jpg's. Everyone suggests to me that MS Photo Viewer program included free...
  10. W10 default photo viewer registry location

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 default photo viewer registry location: W10 choose a default photo viewer doesn't let me select a program from my computer only from the app store. On top of that if I select my program using Open With and set it as the default W10 disregards it the next time I open a jpg file. According to the internet this...