Windows 10: Lock Computer Option via Power button

Discus and support Lock Computer Option via Power button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I know that I can lock Windows by holding Start and 'L' at the same time, but I also want an option to do it when I click the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FullGrownNut, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Lock Computer Option via Power button

Hello,

I know that I can lock Windows by holding Start and 'L' at the same time, but I also want an option to do it when I click the power button from the Start menu (it's not there). In all of my previous versions of Windows, there was always an option among all the others, to lock the computer, but in my Windows 10, it's not available. I tried going to all the Power and Power Management settings (even in advanced) to see if I can enable it, but I was unable to do so. Any help would be appreciated to be able to do this. Thank you.

~FGN

:)

FullGrownNut, Mar 4, 2018
  2. neilpzz Win User

Laptop issue, Please Help!

Press and hold the power button until power off.

Power on again and then repeat above when the lock screen appears.

Power on a third time and leave it to see if Diagnostic mode starts. If it does you can get the Troubleshoot menu with options to Reset, use Safe Mode (via Start-up option). See if any of that helps.

neilpzz, Mar 4, 2018
  3. DT15 Win User
    How to turn off the lock screen on Windows 10

This does not work for the power button when it's action is set to "sleep" under power options. When the power button is set to put the Surface to sleep, it should work exactly the same as the timeout sleep setting.

I turned off the password/lock screen requirement everywhere listed, including going through advanced settings. The power button/sleep mode still does not work correctly - the lock screen is still there after using the power button to put the computer to
    sleep, and when powering up.

Another problem here is that only using screen/computer timeout settings for sleep mode is a pain when reading an eBook (i.e. setting that to a low value and not using the power button for sleep mode is a poor workaround).

Anyone know of a hack to delete the lock screen completely? If Microsoft can't fix this, maybe a hacker can.

DT15, Mar 4, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Lock Computer Option via Power button

Lock resides in your user icon...

*Arrow Lock Computer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Lock Computer Option via Power button [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 4, 2018
  5. Wow, Ok, got it. Didn't realize that was there. Thanks for the help!

FullGrownNut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lock Computer Option via Power button

1. Lock Computer Option via Power button - Similar Threads - Lock Computer Option

2. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    don't have power button option: so i just update my laptop and after that everytime i open the lid it always turn on, so i decided to change it and i go to the power option and open power buttons and lid and turns out i don't have the power button action i only have lid open action, what should i do??...
  3. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    don't have power button option: so i just update my laptop and after that everytime i open the lid it always turn on, so i decided to change it and i go to the power option and open power buttons and lid and turns out i don't have the power button action i only have lid open action, what should i do??...
  4. don't have power button option

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Power Button Options aren't available.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Button Options aren't available.: Hi, So I suddenly stopped getting options like restart, shut down and sleep when I click on the power button. It says "There are currently no power options available". Can someone please help me out? I have already updated all the pending hardware/driver updates....
  6. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?: In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping. submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  7. power button options

power button options: Under Power Options>Choose what the power button does>Power button and lid settings>'WHEN I PRESS THE POWER BUTTON DOES NOT WORK' On my Lenovo laptop, How to fix this problem?...
  8. Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button: I would like to turn off the display on my tablet without putting it to sleep via pressing the power button. I read that the Power Options allow this. But, when I looked, I saw only Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, and Shut down. Turn off the display is not available. What...
  9. enable power button hibernate option via intune

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable power button hibernate option via intune: Hello Ms Community, The company where i'm working for is working completely in a cloud environment. This means AzureAD nothing on prem. We are using Intune to deploy and configure pc's. No my question. How do i configure intune so the power button shows the option...
  10. Looking and not finding power button options

Looking and not finding power button options: I have some annoying shutdown problems, one of which is the occasional presence of 'GDI+ Window' that blocks shutdown. (another is the Chinese-like text that blocks as well but that is Rapport and in the hands of IBM, as I understand it). I found out about 'hybrid...