Windows 10: Lock Screen Kicks In When Monitor Tuns Off...

Discus and support Lock Screen Kicks In When Monitor Tuns Off... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i've disabled the lock screen but if i set the monitor to turn off after x minutes (power options), the lock screen is waiting for me when i wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, May 17, 2017.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Lock Screen Kicks In When Monitor Tuns Off...

i've disabled the lock screen but if i set the monitor to turn off after x minutes (power options), the lock screen is waiting for me when i wake up the monitor... if i set the monitor to never turn off, the lock screen never kicks in... fwiw i've set the nolockscreen in the registry to 1... also, to be clear, i've set my pc to boot to the desktop, no login is requested, so the lock screen that appears after monitor wake up is more like a phone lock screen, all i have to do is swipe it to get to my desktop, no log in is required... so how do i disable the lock completely? thanks!

:)

aeneas1, May 17, 2017
  2. Ed_Mad Win User

Nokia Lumia 620 turns off when i press a power key to lock the screen.

My Nokia Lumia 620 somtimes tuns of when i press a power key to lock the screen. It won't turn on unless I pull out a battery and install it back again.

Ed_Mad, May 17, 2017
  3. "Keep Wifi on when screen times out" setting gone since 8.1 update

Hi, and thanks for the reply. That's what I'm assuming, too, but I wonder what happens when you're connected to a network, but not using the phone. Will it stay on then, or go off after the lock screen has kicked in?

Andy Bertaut, May 17, 2017
  4. aeneas1 Win User

ok, seems that the nolockscreen registry edit no longer functions since the anniversary update, and that completely disabling the lock screen is no longer possible according to many around the net who have asked about this....

my workaround is a small program called "shadenow", it's at least 10 years old but still works, kinda... it allows you to set a dim time and a dim % for your pc monitor, unlike f.flux which is a completely different animal that folks like to recommend for this... the only prob is that it doesn't remember your settings after a pc restart, you have to set your parameters again, for me this doesn't pose much of a pron because i never turn off my pc nor do i reboot often...

speaking of very old programs that still work, i also installed another ancient program called "desklock" which does a great job of locking desktop icons in place...

aeneas1, May 18, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 18, 2017
  6. aeneas1 Win User
    thanks for the heads up, maybe i'll revisit it once i update to 16170, but everything is working fine now with my workaround... that said, it appears that the registry edit will work again if you have pro, but not if you home...

aeneas1, May 19, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The .reg edit will work in all editions starting in build 16170.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock Screen Kicks In When Monitor Tuns Off... - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Kicks

2. Sign In Button kicks back to Lock Screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Button kicks back to Lock Screen Windows 11: Howdy,I just got my computer yesterday and set everything up successfully, but after updates I get to the sign in screen, click the sign in button and it bounces me back to the lock screen.I've tried doing shift->restart troubleshooting including safe mode, safe mode...
  3. Sign In Button kicks back to Lock Screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign In Button kicks back to Lock Screen Windows 11: Howdy,I just got my computer yesterday and set everything up successfully, but after updates I get to the sign in screen, click the sign in button and it bounces me back to the lock screen.I've tried doing shift->restart troubleshooting including safe mode, safe mode...
  4. Usb Ports Randomly tuns off when RGb Software is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Ports Randomly tuns off when RGb Software is running: Hello, I installed a new graphics card in my PC and re-downloaded Windows. I tried to download "Signal RGB" RGB and the software constantly made it that my USB devices turned off and on and then the software crashed. The same thing happened to me with the L-connect app from...
  5. Usb Ports Randomly tuns off when RGb Software is running

Usb Ports Randomly tuns off when RGb Software is running: Hello, I installed a new graphics card in my PC and re-downloaded Windows. I tried to download "Signal RGB" RGB and the software constantly made it that my USB devices turned off and on and then the software crashed. The same thing happened to me with the L-connect app from...
  6. Kick off of net service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kick off of net service: I keep getting booted off my service lane every time a certain person in this household gets on there laptop too play a Xbox related game or even when said person is using the Xbox console, what can I do to correct this problem?...
  7. Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kicked to lock screen. Device is offline. Credentials could not be verified.: Hello Microsoft support. Today I was using my laptop when I was suddenly kicked to my lock screen and my computer seemed to restart itself. I tried logging back in with my PIN # but it said my credentials could not be verified. It would not let me change my pin. I tried...
  8. kicked off

kicked off: I get kicked Minecraft every few minutes. Sometimes it says it's disconnected from server, but most of the time it just shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kicked-off/21bc9ef3-791d-4f5a-adb7-1d8280938fe9
  9. tun off Num lock notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    tun off Num lock notification: Hey, whenever i use my numpad which i need for gaming a big notification comes up picture below. I dont know why this is. Is there any way to turn of this sort of notification. [IMG]...
  10. kicked off wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    kicked off wifi: I'm repeatedly kick off wifi using my ASUS windows 10 laptop, and the wifi connection is working fine in my home. What can be causing that to happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/kicked-off-wifi/6ce6899c-a009-4ad1-9c45-3755d61e5ff4