Windows 10: Lock screen question

Discus and support Lock screen question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok I just recently upgraded to win 10 and I did have the lock screen showing up, but now it doesn't, it just skips right to the welcome screen. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by debgram, May 19, 2016.

1. debgram Win User

Lock screen question

Ok I just recently upgraded to win 10 and I did have the lock screen showing up, but now it doesn't, it just skips right to the welcome screen. Is there something I need to check?

:)

debgram, May 19, 2016
  2. Pong3 Win User
    Pong3, May 19, 2016
  3. Changing Window 10 Login Screen Background

It's literally the default lock screen image: if the user has customized their lock screen image already, it's no longer relevant. See also:

* https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2787100

Note that you're asking questions about the lock screen, which is discrete from the login screen that our OP had questions about here. You would probably want to spin up your own thread around your lock screen issue to help reduce confusion. Lock screen question :)

zachd [MSFT], May 19, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Lock screen question

jds63, May 20, 2016
  5. jds63 Win User
    I do not find option 2 in my registry to begin with. Do you know how to navigate the registry before trying option 2 by adding the reg.bat file ?

O.k. found out it is not in the registry by default, it gets added when enabled in the Policy editor from option one or using the reg files in option 2 or manually add it in the registry.

Not sure what is causing this issue for you just showed a way of checking but until i realized if option one would work in your edition of Windows 10 Home.

jds63, May 20, 2016
  6. debgram Win User
    I can't find group policy on my pc, I do know my way around the registry. Like I said it did show up like one day then it just stopped, it just goes straight to the welcome screen

debgram, May 20, 2016
  7. debgram Win User
    Just tried option 2 and that didn't work either, the screen looks like it wants to display it there's just a like flicker but then it goes to the welcome screen

debgram, May 20, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

Lock screen question

As said Group Policy Editor is only available in Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Pro. To check the registry type regedit at the run command, click open folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then > SOFTWARE then > Policies then > Microsoft then > Windows then > Personalization.

Once on Personalization folder to the right you should see NoLockScreen
    Right click that and select Modify DWORD to

0 or delete = enable
    1 = disable

This is just to check also if it took the reg.file you tried using to enable.
    Other then this i am not sure what caused this since the upgrade, only other chose would be to do a repair inplace upgrade. We can try system file checker too.

jds63, May 20, 2016
  9. debgram Win User
    Umm that's strange it's not there, there's nothing listed for personalization

debgram, May 20, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    Ahh...But personalization is there and nothing to the right ? As it only adds this when using the reg file you downloaded the personalization folder in the registry.

jds63, May 20, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    Run system file checker and dism commands to see if it helps you.

Right click the Start Menu select (admin) command prompt
    Copy and paste this into the command prompt and press enter, let it finish

sfc /scannow

Same open command prompt copy and paste this into command prompt and press enter, let it finish

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Reboot PC after...

jds63, May 20, 2016
  12. debgram Win User
    ok I'm going to do those 2 right now

debgram, May 20, 2016
  13. jds63 Win User

Lock screen question

O.k. let me know what happens after reboot, sometimes may have to do these 2 more then once and reboot.
    Possibility this can be due to some software or drivers on this PC, maybe even an Anti-Virus software.

jds63, May 20, 2016
  14. debgram Win User
    nope that didn't work either, I tried the second command twice

debgram, May 20, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    Well it was worth a try to fix corrupted files. Did you receive from sfc command no integrity violations and Dism restore operation completed successfully ?
    If so research on this does not show me so far a cure to this issue my only other thoughts are a repair install of Windows 10.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

You will not loose anything but i would backup any important files and software not backed up before trying this. My only other thoughts like i said before were some other program or drivers maybe causing this.
    A clean install of windows 10 is a thought for the future.

jds63, May 20, 2016
Thema:

Lock screen question

1. Lock screen question - Similar Threads - Lock screen question

2. Wellness Question on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Wellness Question on Lock Screen: When i boot, i've started getting a little message at the top of the lock scren before i sugn in, asking if i want to improve my wellness. what is that and how do i get rid of it? TIA 172208
  3. pc lock question

in Windows 10 Support
    pc lock question: i want to know just how good that spot on the laptops is for securing laptops to the table? i have places next to our table that we both have our laptops on and i can use one of those locks to tether them to the table. but if it is easy to just grab the laptop and give a...
  4. Locked Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Question: I asked a question in this community and it can be viewed or voted on but comments are locked. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-question/debd0102-d236-45c6-a08e-79c2733d2b69
  5. Questions about Hot Spot and Spotlight in lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about Hot Spot and Spotlight in lock screen: Hello, I asked here on forum and found out something but not all answers. I went yesterday to bed and today after putting my PC out of sleep mode I found Magnifying Glass icons on my log in screen. They are part of spotlight. I never saw them before so I freaked out and...
  6. Question about Lock Screen feedback.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Question about Lock Screen feedback.: I noticed that when I like a picture on the lock screen, it's different the next time I'm on the lock screen. When I say "I'm not a fan.", it seems to stay. What's the deal? Wouldn't it make sense that it keeps pictures that I like? I don't mind if it changes once in a while,...
  7. Lock Screen Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Question: Hello, I've updated my computer to the last build of Windows 10 (Version 1607, build 14393.10) but now I have a question. In the 1511 version I disabled the scroll-protecter and can I enter direct my password, somehow I can't remove it anymore. Also was I using a...
  8. Lock screen question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen question: I'm new to Windows 10 upgrading from 7. Can someone enplane to me the settings on the lock screen called detailed status and quick states. I have played around with this and it does not effect my lock screen. Is this because i did not use a default photo? Besides this forum...
  9. Lock User Question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock User Question: Hi everyone, I have a workstation which is used by multiple people. Well, now due the fact that everyone never really logs out of his account, but locks it, the consequence in case of someone shutting down or an electricity loss would be a loss of data of the current...
  10. Lock Screen Question?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Question?: Does locking my PC affect any running apps or downloads? 94579