Windows 10: Lock screen time-out

Discus and support Lock screen time-out in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ken Lichtsinn, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Lock screen time-out

Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I followed some instructions that I found on the internet that involve adding ".bak" or ".backup" to the lock screen file in "SystemApps" but it didn't have any effect. Then I clicked on "Settings" in the Start menu and got totally lost in all that stuff.

:)

Ken Lichtsinn, Jan 20, 2018

2. Lock screen time out

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and then try to change the turn off display settings and check if that helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to
    run the power troubleshooter.

a) Press ‘Windows + X’ key on the keyboard.

b) Select Control Panel, Click
    ‘Troubleshooting’, and press enter.

c) Click on ‘System and Security’
    and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: Follow these steps to change the turn off display settings.

a) Press ‘Windows + X’ key and Selcet
    ‘power options’.

b) Select ‘Choose when to turn off the display’.

c) Change the ‘Turn off display’.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 20, 2018
  3. theking2 Win User
    Lock screen time out

I not necessarily want to switch of the monitor, I want it to lock and show my wonderful lock-screen background. (and the little clock)

btw it is not a problem. It IS a feature. I can press Windows+L to lock it, but sometimes forget to do so.

theking2, Jan 20, 2018
  4. Lock screen time-out

What do you have in your Settings->Power & Sleep?
    How are you getting to the lock screen?
    Does this happen if you manually go to the lock screen by hitting WINDOWS+L?

Lock screen time-out [​IMG]

PolarNettles, Jan 21, 2018
  5. Maybe I'm not calling it by the right name. I'm referring to having to keep putting in my pass word. I had already found the sight that you referred me to and set up when I want it to shut down depending on whether I'm running on battery etc.

Ken Lichtsinn, Jan 21, 2018
  6. PolarNettles, Jan 21, 2018
  7. Bastet Win User
    There’s also a setting under screen saver (lockscreen>screensaver link under the screensaver there’s a setting which enables or disables the lockscreen when the screensaver is dismissed/cleared.

Bastet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lock screen time-out

1. Lock screen time-out - Similar Threads - Lock screen

2. Windows 11 lock screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen time: My clock is correct in Windows when I login. But on lock screen it is 1h less, like it doesn't take the timezone settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-lock-screen-time/580457e7-7ba2-4e00-9228-ebdc261f5b7e
  3. Windows 11 lock screen time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 lock screen time: My clock is correct in Windows when I login. But on lock screen it is 1h less, like it doesn't take the timezone settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-lock-screen-time/580457e7-7ba2-4e00-9228-ebdc261f5b7e
  4. I cannot select disable or unable the “get fun facts, tips, tricks on your Lock Screen” on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot select disable or unable the “get fun facts, tips, tricks on your Lock Screen” on...: I have changed the background to picture but still the “get the fun facts,tips, tricks” can’t be selected for me to turn off or on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-select-disable-or-unable-the-get-fun/26597470-0a3b-4a83-aa3d-f1272027668f
  5. I cannot select disable or unable the “get fun facts, tips, tricks on your Lock Screen” on...

I cannot select disable or unable the “get fun facts, tips, tricks on your Lock Screen” on...: I have changed the background to picture but still the “get the fun facts,tips, tricks” can’t be selected for me to turn off or on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-select-disable-or-unable-the-get-fun/26597470-0a3b-4a83-aa3d-f1272027668f
  6. Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen: My company requires that all users have the same lock screen. On Windows 10 we have the lock screen set to 1920 x 1080 which scales correctly on all of the Win10 systems. On our Windows 11 systems the same resolution of 1920 x 1080 does not scale correctly so some of the...
  7. Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen

Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen: My company requires that all users have the same lock screen. On Windows 10 we have the lock screen set to 1920 x 1080 which scales correctly on all of the Win10 systems. On our Windows 11 systems the same resolution of 1920 x 1080 does not scale correctly so some of the...
  8. whiteboard must add screen lock and a front grid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whiteboard must add screen lock and a front grid: I want a option to lock the screen of whiteboard so that it doesn't move or zoom out or in by mistake and a thin front grid option also so that it will help lot of students in artif I put this in wrong category I am sorry but I can't find a option for whiteboard....
  9. whiteboard must add screen lock and a front grid

whiteboard must add screen lock and a front grid: I want a option to lock the screen of whiteboard so that it doesn't move or zoom out or in by mistake and a thin front grid option also so that it will help lot of students in artif I put this in wrong category I am sorry but I can't find a option for whiteboard....
  10. I want to startup as Lock screen Time

I want to startup as Lock screen Time: One day I added password account but startup as shows password and profilehow do I startup as Lock Screen and time?Account is Local Account and Microsoft Account...