Windows 10: Lock user screen (win+L)

Discus and support Lock user screen (win+L) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, What is then "shutdown" command line to do that? Not the /L i need to block not to logoout, thanks. 93916 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pipppero2007, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Lock user screen (win+L)

Hello,

What is then "shutdown" command line to do that?

Not the /L i need to block not to logoout, thanks.

:)

Pipppero2007, Sep 20, 2017

2. Lock Screen Dims (Brightness Auto Reduce at Lock Screen)

Earlier, When I was Locking the user (Win +? L) then the Lock Screen Dims and when I again logged in brightness returns to normal.

Problem : Now (After th recent update), the dimness of brightness in the lock screen remains even after sign in.

Note: Adaptive Brightness is DISABLED.

My Requirement: I dont want the screen brightness to reduce at the lock screen (i.e on pressing (Win+L))

RaviDasgupta, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Windows Spotlight not updating lockscreen picture

Thank for reply, "sign-in requires Ctrl+Alt+Del" is not on.

Oh, and also, it seems that the lock screen picture changes only if the user is signed in. If i log into the kid's account and press "Win+L' i get a different pic. Still does not change, though, as it was like that for some time.

If user is not logged in, lock screen shows "arching-desert-rock-with-water-picture".

If user is logged in, lock screen shows "water-rushing-over-rocks".

But what small child is, by any chance, going to press "Win+L" just to see his/her lock screen pic? The lock screen pic is supposed to change on start-up, not on log-in-and-then-lock-account (or wait-for-inactivity-and-sleep-for-somone-to-touch-screen-to-wake-PC-which-then-see-lock-screen).

Donald Banarld124, Sep 20, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member
  5. Kari Win User
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lock user screen (win+L)

1. Lock user screen (win+L) - Similar Threads - Lock user screen

2. Lock screen Windows+L is not working, i am unable to lock my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen Windows+L is not working, i am unable to lock my laptop.: Windows 11 support for lenovo yoga slim 7 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-windowsl-is-not-working-i-am-unable-to/5ca310da-6927-417d-94e4-8fe8954e98b6
  3. Lock screen Windows+L is not working, i am unable to lock my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen Windows+L is not working, i am unable to lock my laptop.: Windows 11 support for lenovo yoga slim 7 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-windowsl-is-not-working-i-am-unable-to/5ca310da-6927-417d-94e4-8fe8954e98b6
  4. Windows lock screen for Users only

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen for Users only: HiI would like to know if anyone can help me with creating a GPO that will apply to users only. The GPO should lock users account that is inactive for 300 seconds.I have tried multiple GPO settings but all seem to apply for all users on a pc, I need it to apply for certain...
  5. Not showing other users in lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not showing other users in lock screen: Hiii I was created an user called x in computer management under user. And I give password for that and selected password never change option. And then I switched user to x and try to login it showing an error message " the user profile service service failed the sign-in"....
  6. Win 10 Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Screen Lock: Are Microsoft programmers seriously losing it or is human resources hiring their friends? Why am I here trying to figure out how to stop the screen saver from activating..... it is set to NEVER and NEVER and the screen lock keeps activating after 30 seconds? This...
  7. Window+L - Screen lock shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window+L - Screen lock shortcut: All of a sudden the screen lock shortcut doesn't work on my computer. When I input the command, the screen contrast flickers once and nothing happens. Appreciate any advise on this, thank you!l submitted by /u/BlazerBeavs [link] [comments]...
  8. [Win 10 Pro Ver1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Win 10 Pro Ver1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed...: [Win 10 Pro Version 1809] All Users (Domain Users) login Screen and lock Screen already changed without GPO Greeting everyone!! Have a question is. I'm setup a customize Windows 10 Pro lock screen picture for domain users but the GPO is only work for Windows 10...
  9. Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L

in Windows 10 Support
    Language changes after locking computer screen with windows+L: Hello everyone. I have the following issue that I'm unable to find solution for. I use two languages on my computer. One is English and the secondary language is Croatian. After logging on my laptop, I always switch language to Croatian with using windows + spacebar. So...
  10. how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?: Hi, I sometimes connect to my Windows 10 PC at my work place from home. When I was using Windows-7(work place PC), I was able to select the menu button (lower-left) and select 'Lock Screen' menu from the shutdown sub-menu. I recently received a new desktop PC which is...