Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10 and No internet access to reset password

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10 and No internet access to reset password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If you have a phone or a Cellular tablet you could use either to recover your PWs, maybe a classmate has an iPhone you could borrow to do it with?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EmperorAmerica, Aug 1, 2015.

1. XweAponX Win User

Locked out of Windows 10 and No internet access to reset password

If you have a phone or a Cellular tablet you could use either to recover your PWs, maybe a classmate has an iPhone you could borrow to do it with? Unless you need to have Networking on your PC in order to accept a changed PW. If you use an MS account to log in, is it blocked if there is no Network connection?

XweAponX, Sep 23, 2015

2. I very nearly fell foul of this issue on a PC that is often offline. WTF were Microsoft thinking when they came up with the idea of logging in with a password from an online account?

I normally run with passwords disabled anyway, the only reason I even enter one is to access a PC from the network.

nigelmercier, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Jaxson Win User
    Got a pro to look at the situation. The problem was I was being disconnected even though it looked like I was online! Not worth the hassles, back with Windows 7 and everything works fine!

Jaxson, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Slugger Win User

You might try removing the password to Win 7 and then upgrade to Win 10.

Slugger, Sep 24, 2015
  5. ppjl Win User
  6. joya Win User
    Another way is to reset your PC back to factory settings. Here are steps:
    • Create a recovery drive from another Windows 10 machine you have access to.
    • Boot your locked PC from the recovery drive.
    • The first screen you're prompted to choose the keyboard layout.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click "Reset your PC".
    Note: Resetting a PC will erase all data on your hard drive.

7. THX1138 Win User
    I think it was very inconsiderate to mess with people's login credentials in this way. It didn't even tell me it had done this and left me to figure out that it wanted my "Windows Live" (or whatever that's called now) password instead of my usual password.

THX1138, Oct 18, 2015
  8. mjjack Win User

3 days on this issue ...i remember my password by heart and yet the computors or windows 10 sign in doesnot accept it it tell me to go to account live .com and reset my bloody password witch needs not i tried that useless ...... so talk to a microsoft wizzard on line and this was so easy just go down the bloody sceen and change the language from fr to en or vice versa just change it !!!!! and type your password the one that use to work or the new reset one you made and you should have a computor instead of a brickkkkk have a good day

mjjack, Oct 27, 2015
  9. larry Win User
    It seems that the default keyboard layout input for your login screen was changed to French. So when you type the password, you actually got something different from your real password. For example, if you type QWERTY on your keyboard in French, and you’ll get AZERTY.

larry, Oct 28, 2015
  10. **************************************************************************************************** ****************************************************

I have a fix which I know will not work UNTIL you can access your PC. This morning I decided to bite the bullet and Telephone MICROSOFT UK Headoffice in Reading, Berks, UK for help at https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=microsoft%20reading.... They were fantastic. THE FIX IS AS BELOW.
    Go to Start menu
    Settings
    Accounts
    Select - Sign into with local account
    Enter CURRENT Password then next
    Once signed in you will be prompted to enter a new password and confirm
    IMPORTANT. - LEAVE ALL BOXES BLANK and click Next. SIGN OUT and FINISH
    Then restart your PC.
    If first sign in page that comes up as before click sign in button and you go straight to your desktop.
    In my case PC now goes straight to desktop on power up.

NOTE

You will still have to signin to you outlook account to access apps but they can be allocated to specific uses and NOT to the PC as a whole

Stampsnall, Dec 3, 2015
  11. CBen Win User
    Had this problem after just upgrading to Win 10.
    OS had defaulted to US keyboard so characters not right.
    Check the password box eye to see if what you typed is correct

12. steezfan Win User
    So, I spent hours pouring through all of the different options and approaches. Let me save you all some time with the command prompts, etc...as it very well may be a useless time suck. If you are using a laptop, this is almost definitely solved by doing one thing - assuming you are using the correct password. Ready? Plug in a LAN line cable...and presto...you are good to go. The issue is your PC (for some unknown reason) has dropped your WiFi password (that you have likely been using w/out issue for some time) and you need to re-enter it. The only way to do so is to get online, via the LAN cable. Once you are online, unplug the cable, re-connect to your WiFi (you'll see the password is blank now - the Microsoft ghost deleted it?!?!?!).

Again, I was going crazy here, and all it was...was the dumb WiFi password being deleted by some error. Try the above, and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

steezfan, Dec 16, 2015
  13. cfoam Win User

I'm sorry what is the difference? I don't use microsoft for ANYTHING besides the operating system of MY COMPUTER. I have already paid them for the OS on my PC. I recently upgraded to 10 from 8 (sensationally unusable) which was forced on me due to purchasing a new laptop. I was happy to hear that Win 10 was an improvement over 8 (almost back to superior Win 7) but no mention if this password takeover of MY PC.
    When I tried to login this morning much to my surprise my password didn't work! WTF? This is total BS from Microsoft. I use MY PC for mostly standalone work. IMAGES and TEXT. If I choose to get online that is my business, not microsofts! I use a flakey wifi and today I actually have to leave my home and go over to a friends house to use there PC just to be able to reset the @$&H& password so I could get past the login screen on MY PC! WTF!!!!. Sure you can google answers and spend hours looking around at all the different comments and workarounds including password hack programs that make this all completely irrelevant anyway but of course assuming YOU HAVE CONNECTIVITY AND AREN'T LOCKED OUT! (sorry not using my limited data plan and tiny screen to solve the problem you inflicted on me!)
    How incredibly STUPID this is and TOTALLY UNDERHANDED as it was never even brought to my attention during the upgrade.
    This is the equivalent of Samsung requiring me to create a samsung account and login to their network (that I would never use) just to be able to watch TV!!! THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. How can I cut the cord to microsoft for my laptop? I want nothing to do with them after this and I RESENT Microsoft for doing this to MY HARDWARE.

I feel a class action lawsuit should be filed against them for screwing with peoples PC's without their authorization and wasting peoples time. I don't trust Microsoft with my system password to my PC and I want to remove all of my accounts with them. I had created an account YEARS ago when forced to to access MSDN. This is the last straw. I will never buy another microsoft product! I can't even imagine how pervasive this will be on numerous peoples systems I provide support to that are using older PC's. Is big brother microsoft going to change my admin logins to all my family members pc's too? TOTALLY DISGUSTED with this strong arm takeover of my hardware!!!

cfoam, Jan 13, 2016
  14. Slugger Win User
    You say you cant get internet access yet you are online telling us.

Anyway I had a similar problem when upgrading a laptop from Windows 8 to 10. Nobody knew the password. So I downloaded
    Hiren Discussion Platform . I booted from the cd, reset the password and I was able to boot to Win 8.

Slugger, Jan 14, 2016
  15. cfoam Win User
    >> You say you cant get internet access yet you are online telling us.

Yes, duh, after having to leave my home and go to a friends house and use there computer I eventually found a solution. Always love having to be inconvenienced and waste my time just trying to use the product I bought because the MFG of the OS doesn't care how much time of mine they waste. Also, I will warn others - they also changed the name of my user account ON MY PC without my permission. EVERYONE should check all the default privacy settings that are all defaulted to SHARE ALL YOUR DATA. Nice Microshaft living up to the name! Now you can't even delay your windows update settings so if they screw up (as they have before) all home users will be screwed. Only business users (paying higher hostage fees )are allowed a delay when updates are rolled out. Welcome to the Micoshaft beta tester's team folks like it or not - you have no choice! Your data will be going back to them no matter what your privacy settings are. Google it!

cfoam, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Locked out of Windows 10 and No internet access to reset password - Similar Threads - Locked internet access

2. Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password: On a Windows 11 computer, I've been using my PIN to enter the login screen.Now the PIN data entry box is gone: There is a key pad icon under the "Sign-in options", but when I click it, the system asks me for my password "Want to sign in faster...enter your password to setup...
  3. Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password: On a Windows 11 computer, I've been using my PIN to enter the login screen.Now the PIN data entry box is gone: There is a key pad icon under the "Sign-in options", but when I click it, the system asks me for my password "Want to sign in faster...enter your password to setup...
  4. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  5. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  6. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Cannot Access Internet to Reset Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Cannot Access Internet to Reset Password: Good day everyone,I have run across a problem that I cannot find references to or solve. For some reason on May 17 Bitlocker actively engaged one of our Dell Windows 10 laptops. The laptop is my sister-in-laws and she does not use her Microsoft Live pin code nor has she set...
  8. locked out of reset windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of reset windows: Hello, so i wanted to reset my windows and it got stuck at 62% so i restarted my PC after waiting 10 hours. Once my PC restarted after setup I was presented with a login screen, the problem is the PC seems to be locked into airplane mode so i cant login with my Microsoft...
  9. Locked out of windows 10 no reset password disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of windows 10 no reset password disk: How to access my computer window 10 locked out will not accept my password do not have a reset disk Moved from: Accounts, login, and signup / Account settings / Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10: password lock out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: password lock out: Hi Yesterday, Windows Defender told me I should set a password. I started to do that but part of the process, formulating a 8 digit password to meet its high level requirement. But as it then required my old password to proceed, which I did not know (or even if i ever had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked out of windoews 10 with internet access