Windows 10: Logging into Windows 10 using Office 365 ID - what's the benefit?

Discus and support Logging into Windows 10 using Office 365 ID - what's the benefit? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all As the title says, what's the benefit of a user logging into Windows 10 (believe it would have to be Pro) using their Office 365... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DorseyUK, Sep 9, 2015.

1. DorseyUK Win User

Logging into Windows 10 using Office 365 ID - what's the benefit?

Hi all

As the title says, what's the benefit of a user logging into Windows 10 (believe it would have to be Pro) using their Office 365 credentials?

Thanks...

:)

DorseyUK, Sep 9, 2015
  2. GenXX Win User

Logging into Windows 10 with Office 365 Account

Actually, let me clarify, these are work machines and enterprise office 365 accounts.

GenXX, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Logging into Windows 10 with Office 365 Account

Hi,

It seems like you're having challenges setting up login credentials on your Windows 10 computer. For us to better assist you with your concern, we would like to know if other users have already tried to log in to your computer using their Office 365 credentials.
    If yes, what happened? You can check this article to
    learn how to share your Office 365 subscription. Kindly tell us more details about your concern so we give more accurate solutions.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to provide further assistance.

Ramon Imp, Sep 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Dorsey, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I'm sorry that no one answered this for you.

This would basically be for a Microsoft account to sign in to Windows 10 with. The blue note box at the top of the tutorial below can help give you a comparison between a Microsoft account and local account to help answer your question.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 14, 2015
  5. DorseyUK Win User
    Thanks Brink.

So the fact it's specifically a 365 login as opposed to any old Outlook login leads to no additional benefits?

DorseyUK, Oct 14, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct, it's considered the same as a Microsoft account.

Brink, Oct 14, 2015
  7. DorseyUK Win User
    Fair enough, for some reason I had it in my head there would be some kind of additional benefit.

Is there any particular version of W10 needed or 365? We're a small business, 2 PC's with 3 users and I want to make sure all 3 of us can use either PC by using our 365 login which will remember our settings etc. I presume that's easily achievable? (non-techie here)

DorseyUK, Oct 14, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You can use the 365 account credentials to create an account with on any Windows 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Since this is a business, you might prefer to use Windows 10 Pro to have the extra features like Local Group Policy. The tutorial below can help to compare features between Windows 10 editions to see what may work best for you though.

Compare Windows 10 Editions

Brink, Oct 14, 2015
  9. DorseyUK Win User
    Thanks. We're currently running W10 Home on both machines, I did try creating a new user using my 365 credentials but didn't manage it!

My shortcomings aside, can you explain this part:

Logging into Windows 10 using Office 365 ID - what's the benefit? [​IMG]

DorseyUK, Oct 14, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What did it say when you tried to create a Microsoft account with your 365 credentials?

Windows 10 Home edition doesn't support joining a domain.

Brink, Oct 14, 2015
  11. DorseyUK Win User
    I can't remember now, it was some weeks ago, i'll try giving it another shot later.

A friend was supposed to be coming in to sort all of this for me but it's like pulling teeth. I don't suppose you consult for a living and could help more formally?

DorseyUK, Oct 14, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'll be happy to help as much as possible from here if you like. *Smile

Brink, Oct 14, 2015
  13. DorseyUK Win User

Ha, i'll take that as a very polite no then. I can use tech to a degree but when it comes to implementing stuff or understanding terminology it's really all over my head.

DorseyUK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logging into Windows 10 using Office 365 ID - what's the benefit? - Similar Threads - Logging using Office

2. Logging on to Windows with organizational Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging on to Windows with organizational Office 365 account: I had already activated and signed in to Windows 11 on a Microsoft account @outlook.com. Then I received an organizational account with an Office 365 subscription the account is a @.edu email.Since the 365 is under a different account, Windows is nagging me to sign up for 365...
  3. Logging on to Windows with organizational Office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging on to Windows with organizational Office 365 account: I had already activated and signed in to Windows 11 on a Microsoft account @outlook.com. Then I received an organizational account with an Office 365 subscription the account is a @.edu email.Since the 365 is under a different account, Windows is nagging me to sign up for 365...
  4. Why do I need Microsoft 365? What is the benefits of this application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need Microsoft 365? What is the benefits of this application?: I forgot why I'm using Microsoft 365 * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-microsoft-365-what-is-the-benefits/3fade4f3-1080-48e7-beb7-7ce0f1b2d4f9
  5. Why do I need Microsoft 365? What is the benefits of this application?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I need Microsoft 365? What is the benefits of this application?: I forgot why I'm using Microsoft 365 * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-microsoft-365-what-is-the-benefits/3fade4f3-1080-48e7-beb7-7ce0f1b2d4f9
  6. Windows 10 & Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 & Office 365: Hi Is Windows 10 installed with Office 365? I purchased the family version of 365 but do not see Windows 10 being part of it?? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-office-365/b34f23c3-d888-4b78-ad84-0d56a34a058b
  7. Using Windows 10 Microsoft 64 Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Windows 10 Microsoft 64 Office 365: I am using Windows 10 Microsoft Office 365, i am trying to save a document from my email and get this error "the file name is not valid" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-10-microsoft-64-office-365/94f14526-8408-4032-90da-b9588986a2c8
  8. What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password?: Hi, What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password? I turned on Bitlocker for a drive without a password and all users can access it without any password. Thanks...
  9. Windows 10 and Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Office 365: PC has just had the latest set of Windows updates automatically applied. Now I cannot do anything including resetting the PC. As soon as you select of click on an icon or button, the next screen pops up and instantly closes down again. Have tried to roll back the updates - no...
  10. Logging into Windows 10 Pro using Office 365 credentials

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging into Windows 10 Pro using Office 365 credentials: Ok, so i've just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to the Pro edition. The user account on the PC is currently linked to my MS account. However, this particular PC is for my two part-time workers who I want to be able to login using their 365 credentials. I am totally...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/28823-logging-into-windows-10-pro-using-office-365-credentials.html