Windows 10: Login screen issue

Discus and support Login screen issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary Edition and all went well... apart from one issue. When I boot or reboot the PC, and during the boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlphaUMi, Aug 10, 2016.

1. AlphaUMi Win User

Login screen issue

Hi!

I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary Edition and all went well... apart from one issue. When I boot or reboot the PC, and during the boot process, I notice that one of the new feature of Windows is to show the lock screen image as background (I repeat, during boot). I already had a custom image in Settings --> Personalization --> Lock Screen, and checked the option to show the lock screen image during boot. My profile image is also customized.

Problem is, during boot Windows shows the default lock screen image (the rocks and the beach... you know) and the default profile image (the round with the shape of a person). Basically, Windows is ignoring my settings.

Any idea on how can I manually fix this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

AlphaUMi, Aug 10, 2016

2. Laptop will not boot into Windows 10

Yes, I managed to work out what was going on.

The issue was the Dell software that is used to provide a login screen including the fingerprint reader. Essentials, on Windows 7 this replaced the standard Microsoft login screen.

When the Windows upgrade is run it appears that there's some kind of issue where the Dell login screen no longer overrides the Microsoft login screen they both try to run at the same time and the net result was the flashing screen.

I managed to 'break' into the login screen(s) by pressing the CTR-ALT-DEL sequence continuously (and very quickly) for a couple of minutes, this crashes one of the login programs and offers both options of login screen which allows you to select which one
    to use... that was the clue to what was going on. I finally fixed the issue by disabling the Dell login screen and just using the Microsoft one, the only issue is that I can no longer use the fingerprint login method.

Hope this makes sense and you get your issue resolved.

Regards

Chris

Toff-Stevens, Aug 10, 2016
  3. JayKatai Win User
    Login Screen Animation Issue

I'm on build 10586.

I can't rely on insider builds due to needing my PC for work so unable to test.

Thanks.

JayKatai, Aug 10, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Login screen issue

Well known bug - have to wait for MS to fix.

cereberus, Aug 10, 2016
  5. AlphaUMi Win User
    Good to know. Thank you for answering. So we have to wait.

AlphaUMi, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Ethelwulf Win User
    I am not sure if you are talking about the same thing that happened to me

but anyway ,, did you try going in to settings and just reset and use your own image again ??

thats what i did
    it worked for me
    good luck

Ethelwulf, Aug 11, 2016
  7. Ethelwulf Win User
    Ethelwulf, Aug 11, 2016
  8. AlphaUMi Win User

Login screen issue

Oh yes, I already did it. And for what matters Windows BG Changer, which you kindly provided me a link for, the page clearly states that it does not work whit the Anniversary Update. Sadly. In fact the problem occurred just after the recent update of Windows.

AlphaUMi, Aug 12, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    As I said it is a bug with AU. I am a little surprised it is taking MS so long to sort this one.

cereberus, Aug 12, 2016
  10. AlphaUMi Win User
    Update: during normal reboots the background screen appeared, but only once, and I did not change everything between reboots! Same problem with the profile image, I did try to change it so something else, but only the default one (the idiotic shape) appeared. It seems like Windows doesn't know what to do... *Sad

So you are right cereberus, it's definitely a Windows bug.

AlphaUMi, Aug 12, 2016
  11. Ethelwulf Win User
    Sorry for the late response got a Little Busy with other stuff and been away from my pc
    the Link I gave you is the one I use
    and you and Cereberus could be very right Because I haven't used it since firs install
    I used it once and that was it
    after the Big update i have been busy with other stuff

sorry I might have to uninstall it

Ethelwulf, Aug 13, 2016
  12. Ethelwulf Win User
    Ethelwulf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Login screen issue

1. Login screen issue - Similar Threads - Login screen issue

2. Windows 11 login screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 login screen issue: Anyone having issues with logging into win11?It happens most days when I turn on the machine and requires a reboot sometimes 2 for it to login correctly Logging in using PinBuild 22621.2787...
  3. Windows 11 login screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 login screen issue: Anyone having issues with logging into win11?It happens most days when I turn on the machine and requires a reboot sometimes 2 for it to login correctly Logging in using PinBuild 22621.2787...
  4. Issue login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue login screen: Hi,I have an issue I really don't understand and can't find equivalent after some internet researchs.I recovered a laptop hp pavillon g5, something like 10 years old from a family member, under Windows 7, i3, HDD, no GPU, 4 Gb RAM.About the issue :When booting in normal mode,...
  5. Issue login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue login screen: Hi,I have an issue I really don't understand and can't find equivalent after some internet researchs.I recovered a laptop hp pavillon g5, something like 10 years old from a family member, under Windows 7, i3, HDD, no GPU, 4 Gb RAM.About the issue :When booting in normal mode,...
  6. Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue: I have an issue where there is a huge delay between the lock screen (the screen where you have a background and time) and the login screen (the screen with an account picture and dialog box to input the password). I tap/press any key/click on the lock screen and it takes so...
  7. Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen to Login Screen delay issue: I have a issue where there is a huge delay between lock screen (the screen where you have a background and time) and login screen (the screen with an account picture and dialog box to input the password). I tap/press any key/click on the lock screen and it takes so much time...
  8. lock/login screen issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock/login screen issue: hi. just an FYI--MS was of absolutely no help here--no surprise there, though... i have personalized the lock/login screen with a picture from my computer. it always showed upon start/restart. all of a sudden--at first only from time to time, but recently, more frequent--a...
  9. Issue with keyboard input on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with keyboard input on login screen: I encountered a really strange issue yesterday - and am not sure how to resolve or fix it. Below is a quick run through: I was laying shadow of the tomb raider when I noticed my keys were playing up and pressing ESC key was suddenly translating to the windows key. I...
  10. Issue with users switching on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...