Windows 10: Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password

Discus and support Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 account was converted from a Local account. When I log on to the account I have to give the old local account password, not the Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnArgyle1, May 16, 2020.

1. Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password

My Windows 10 account was converted from a Local account. When I log on to the account I have to give the old local account password, not the Microsoft account password. How can I change this so as to use the Microsoft account password instead?

:)

JohnArgyle1, May 16, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 16, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Help Removing Microsoft Account login

I am not sure if you want to switch to a local account instead of your Microsoft account, or if you want to keep your Microsoft account but login automatically instead of having to type the password.

See these tutorials:

4. Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password

Mindweaver, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password

1. Login to windows 10 requires local account not Microsoft account password - Similar Threads - Login requires local

2. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?: When I open my computer, instead of the usual password, it shows a button that says "sign in". When I click on it, Microsoft opens, and says "Just a moment", and then requires my to log into my microsoft account. Then, windows wants me to add a pin I think it's a Windows...
  3. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?: When I open my computer, instead of the usual password, it shows a button that says "sign in". When I click on it, Microsoft opens, and says "Just a moment", and then requires my to log into my microsoft account. Then, windows wants me to add a pin I think it's a Windows...
  4. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  6. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  7. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Local account still requires password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account still requires password: I set up my pc using a local account not a Microsoft account. I then ran netplwiz and unticked "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". This having been done, it generally boots up without the need for a password; however, on a regular basis it will...
  9. Local account still requires password

in Windows 10 Support
    Local account still requires password: I set up my pc using a local account not a Microsoft account. I then ran netplwiz and unticked "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". This having been done, it generally boots up without the need for a password; however, on a regular basis it will...
  10. Local Account - Password Required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account - Password Required: Someone Help Me??? During the Local account changing process(From Microsoft Account). I have changed my username from existing one to new one and i leave the password fields as empty. After the completing the process. i restarted my laptop and i try to re-login. Now password...