Windows 10: Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903

Discus and support Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Finally got around upgrading my stand-alone W10 PRO box to build 1903. Upgrade went smoothly, as I expected. However...... After the upgrade... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dyslexia4, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Dyslexia4 Win User

Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903

Hi,

Finally got around upgrading my stand-alone W10 PRO box to build 1903.

Upgrade went smoothly, as I expected.

However......

After the upgrade I'm allowed to login ONE TIME using my password that I've been using eversince the inception of Windows 7 (and even before that!).

Once I've logged out of my machine and want to login again I am FORCED to change the password in order to login again.
    Incidentally, this all happens WITHOUT any network connectivity to the internet, so it is not enforced/checked against something at Microsoft.

Therefor it MUST be something introduced with the new build software.

And also it will not accept the 'old' password and moreover I'm FORCED to meet complexity requirements etc.

My Account Policies, Password Policy settings (GPEDIT) are ALL effectively set to 'Not Applicable', that is to say:

Policy Security Setting

Enforce password history 0 passwords remembered

Maximum password age 0

Minimum password age 0 days

Minimum password length 0 characters

Password must meet complexity requirements Disabled

Store passwords using reversible encryption Disabled

My Account Policies, Account Lockout Policy settings read:

Policy Security Setting

Account lockout duration Not Applicable

Account lockout threshold 0 invalid logon attempts

Reset account lockout counter after Not Applicable

It almost looks like these settings are no longer relevant in some way, OR there is some new (hidden?) functionality introduced causing this.

What is going on, causing this and more importantly how to remediate this stupid behavior.

No referrals to articles explaining me how to reset a password, because those don't help. (Tried them already)

Incidentally, the password reset disk option (created with build 1803 (!) does not work either.
    "Error has occurred".
    So much for that too.

Thanks for your insights.

Regards,

Dyslexia

:)

Dyslexia4, Oct 10, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 10, 2019
  3. unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Oct 10, 2019
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Logon password issue after upgrade to 1903 - Similar Threads - Logon password issue

2. No password to logon.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  3. Feature upgrade to 1903 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Feature upgrade to 1903 issue: My Dell Inspiron 5759 laptop started off with an early version of Windows 10 and automatic upgrades have updated it as MS required. I think it was 1809 that started giving me trouble, Windows would load up to the desktop, show the desktop shortcuts, many without icons, no...
  4. WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection issue after 1903 upgrade.: Hello All I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. which went through OK using my WiFi connection at home. how ever after upgrade my WiFi connection shows all WiFi network available but when I try to connect after entering the password it get disappear and I will have...
  5. A couple of issues after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A couple of issues after upgrade to 1903: after update to 1903 i dont see the pop up when i have finished downloading a torrent. i also dont see the "safe to remove device" when i unplug an external usb drive. how do i change back the notification area like it was before updating to 1903? 136789
  6. sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10): Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....
  7. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903: I didn't have this issue on any of the test work computers that I upgraded so I thought hey might as well do my home computer as well. After the 1903 upgrade was finished and I logged on (username/password still worked so that's something) I noticed that my wallpaper was...
  8. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903: I didn't have this issue on any of the test work computers that I upgraded so I thought hey might as well do my home computer as well. After the 1903 upgrade was finished and I logged on (username/password still worked so that's something) I noticed that my wallpaper was...
  9. Logon password issue

Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  10. Logon password issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...