Windows 10: LOSE the infuriating ribbon in win10

Discus and support LOSE the infuriating ribbon in win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had got rid of it using the Winaero tool, but since the last win10 update, the ribbon recurs for one network drive and I've not been able to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pzbrawl, Aug 7, 2016.

1. pzbrawl Win User

LOSE the infuriating ribbon in win10

I had got rid of it using the Winaero tool, but since the last win10 update, the ribbon recurs for one network drive and I've not been able to get rid of this daemonically unusable nuisance. Yes I'm restraining my language.

How do I disable ribbons permanently on all drives please!?

:)

pzbrawl, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Jazster Win User

Exiting Tablet Mode Windows 10

Anyway, it's inappropriately named by Microsoft. It is not merely for notifications, it also has various settings at the bottom of the pop-up. Leave it to MS to make things confounding & difficult to find, just like the infuriating ribbons that MS somehow
    believes are superior to menus, MS should provide the option to replace all ribbons with menus in all of its programs including Office. I can't say how many hours I have wasted at work re-finding functions in the confusing Office ribbon, plus it is so not
    intuitive that i can never remember where I last found them - infuriating twits at MS!!!!!!!

Jazster, Aug 7, 2016
  3. Exiting Tablet Mode Windows 10

Me to0.. → i can never remember where I last found them -.....

Denny-551177, Aug 7, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 7, 2016
  5. pzbrawl Win User
    Thank you, adding and setting the registry key seems to have worked.

Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to get rid of this execrable UI nuisance?

pzbrawl, Aug 8, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 8, 2016
  7. pzbrawl Win User
    I'd thought this problem was solved. It's not. True, the Ribbon is absent when I open Explorer on a network drive. But when I select View from the menu, there comes the infernal Ribbon again. How do I get rid of these infernal nuisances?

pzbrawl, Aug 9, 2016
  8. mrgeek Win User

If you don't want to see the Ribbon, click the drop down arrow in upper L corner of any file explorer windows and click minimize. This closes it on all explorer windows unless you re-enable by un-ticking 'Minimize the Ribbon'. After using Office so much, it doesn't bother me.

LOSE the infuriating ribbon in win10 [​IMG]

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2016
  9. pzbrawl Win User
    "Minimize the Ribbon" is checked in that dropdown menu.

Clicking on View in the Explorer menu still brings up the ribbon excrescence.

(Mercifully, I don't use Office.)

pzbrawl, Aug 9, 2016
  10. mrgeek Win User
    "Clicking on View in the Explorer menu still brings up the ribbon excrescence."
    If you want to change the 'View' w/o the Ribbon, why don't you just right-click and use that 'View' editor ?

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2016
  11. pzbrawl Win User
    ?! That context menu does not offer the column selection wizard that the View menu used to offer before the last (unwanted) Win10 update replaced it with the !@#$%^& ribbon.

In any case, that context menu is difficult to use when the panel is full of file data.

pzbrawl, Aug 9, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid that the ribbon is integrated into File Explorer. You can hide the ribbon, but it will temporarily open when you click on one of it's tabs to use an option in it.

For what you want, you might consider using a 3rd party file browser instead. Explorer++, FreeCommander, and Total Commander are good ones you might see how you like.

Brink, Aug 9, 2016
  13. pzbrawl Win User

Goodbye File Explorer. One more piece of Windows rendered unusable. Hello Linux.

pzbrawl, Aug 9, 2016
  14. Because the majority of people find it useful, like myself. It streamlines the look for all of their applications. If they didn't do so, another small group of people would ask why they DIDN'T do so.

For the future, if you don't like a default option, change it, rather than blast Microsoft. With a little common sense applied, one realizes they can't make everyone happy all the time. In the end, it's a helpful ribbon of useful options...certainly nothing to get worked up about.

DeaconFrost, Aug 9, 2016
  15. Berton Win User
    Excellent comment.

Berton, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. LOSE the infuriating ribbon in win10 - Similar Threads - LOSE infuriating ribbon

2. Keyboard ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard ribbon: Alright I'm not sure how else to find out the information I need so I'm asking anyone that can help me out. The ribbon that connects to my keyboard is damaged when I go to order part to replace it what am I looking for. The ribbon by itself or ribbon connected to what. Please...
  3. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  4. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  5. Selections for Ribbon!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selections for Ribbon!: Hello community!I worked with windows and it's applications kinda a lot! The new "Ribbon" of windows explorer has very cool features, but it's missing a one! And that is a section for "SELECTIONS"! I would put it somewhere next to "Layout" ! Featuring file selecting types...
  6. External monitor loses synch in Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External monitor loses synch in Win10: At irregular time intervals 5-15 minutes my external monitor loses synch for a few seconds with my Yoga 910 laptop. Only the external screen goes black and comes back in a few seconds. Tried a 2nd monitor, new HDMI connector and checking updates on Windows and the monitor...
  7. This is beyond infuriating (wsappx)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is beyond infuriating (wsappx): Hi all, I've seen similar posts like this, but I am so angry that I don't know where else to turn. I have been having the process, "wsappx" DESTROY my disk usage and bring my entire PC to a standstill for about 3 days now. It appears in about 10min intervals and the entire...
  8. Win10 Loses Again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Loses Again: Nothing like auto updates, worse than a virus or ransomware. . Killed my HP, cannot remove KB4023057, might have to do a complete rebuild... it’s not my job to fix Microsoft OS brutal interferences. Maybe I’ll go back to Win7, or Linux. . PS: don’t bother responding with ‘try...
  9. Infuriating Screen Time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Infuriating Screen Time: I have a huge issue with Screen Time not working correctly. I have my 12 year old sons laptop locked down so he can only logon between 9am-4pm weekdays. Huge issues with him getting up at 2,3,4,5am and logging on that led to this. The issue i have is screen time either turns...
  10. Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Windows Lose Focus, Mouse: Intermittently, Win10 windows would lose focus about every 5 seconds. Sometimes this was fixed by restarting. I looked at my mouse driver configuration. I use a Kensington Mouse-in-a-Box. I think this is only slightly relevant. I found that two mice were listed under...