Windows 10: Losing restore points

Discus and support Losing restore points in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I keep creating restore points everytime I change something on my Tablet. A week later, the restore point is gone. Could there be anything that could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by milford, Apr 13, 2016.

1. milford Win User

Losing restore points

I keep creating restore points everytime I change something on my Tablet. A week later, the restore point is gone. Could there be anything that could remove it as malware or something? I have Panda Antivirus, Malware Anti Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware and Ccleaner. Could anyone of these be removing my restore points?

:)

milford, Apr 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 losing restore points

Hi,

My Windows 10 lost all my restore points. It may have been caused by CCleaner, but not sure. Have allotted plenty of space.

Please help.

Thanks,

Joe

jdelaney77, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 losing restore points

Did you just install/upgrade to Win10 1703 (Creators Update)?

Is it the same computer as in your 23 May-16 thread?

Do you use CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component and if so, why?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Losing restore points

I'd like to make sure I understand correctly.
    If you kept creating restore points, you would have a list of them.
    You said "A week later, the restore point is gone". Which one is gone ? The oldest one or All restore points are gone ?

davidhk, Apr 14, 2016
  5. Word Man Win User
    Word Man, Apr 14, 2016
  6. milford Win User
    Davidhk-All have disappeared.

Word Man-I realize the restore point storage. I can create up to 6 restore points that will display. If I create anymore, then the oldest at the bottom of the list gets bumped off and the new one goes to the top of the list.

milford, Apr 14, 2016
  7. Word Man Win User
    Sorry to hear that, if ALL are disappearing, then it wouldn't seem to be related to space allocated. All I can think of ATM to be sure it isn't space allocation is to, say, triple the space allocation (at least temporarily) and confrm that the behavior persists.

Word Man, Apr 14, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Losing restore points

And none of you security programs detected anything ?

davidhk, Apr 14, 2016
  9. milford Win User
    Lets try it this way.

April 1-I create a restore point.
    April 2-A restore point is created automatically
    April 5-I create a restore point
    April 10-All restore point disappeared.

milford, Apr 14, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 14, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
Thema:

Losing restore points

1. Losing restore points - Similar Threads - Losing restore points

2. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  3. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points: How do I control System Restore in WIN10? System Restore use to be a very good tool years ago for computer repair and support, but now isn't very useful. I have set aside a sizable amount of space for restore points but they keep disappearing without my intervention. How do I...
  4. System Restore in WIN10 keeps losing retsore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  6. Restore Point

Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  7. losing system restore points

losing system restore points: I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop, bought in March. I had another problem and the tech couldn't find system restore. I did a complete restore of my system, configured system restore, and it seemed to work. But then I discovered after a half hour get the message there are no...
  8. restore point

restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  9. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  10. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...