Windows 10: loss of app page

Discus and support loss of app page in Cortana to solve the problem; I have windows 10 which updated recently, I now have no app page can you help please... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by peternicholas1 since, Oct 21, 2019.

1. loss of app page

I have windows 10 which updated recently, I now have no app page can you help please

:)

peternicholas1 since, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. loss of app page :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Chris8875 Win User
    Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

OK, so I've tried both suggestions above from Brink

The first one: Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - zoomed through as per the pictures shown in the link. Got to the end, showed this screen

loss of app page [​IMG]

Went back, tried to open the apps in question - no change.

Second option - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - I went to the site as directed, downloaded the link to the app, hit YES at the UAC and it didn't do any updating at all. It came up immediately that my copy of Windows was up to date and directed me to exit. No change, nothing fixed.

However, I have taken a second screenshot as below. You'll see on the left in the apps list there's a whole heap of apps which don't work (under my profile, no-one elses) listed under "Other" with codes and what seem to be error messages beside them (they look like package IDs to me, but anyway) . You'll also notice in looking at the tile for the store that there is a code on it which also appears when I endeavour to launch the app.

App then crashes. Similar story with all the other apps.

loss of app page [​IMG]

I'm at a loss to be honest. I thought the second option would work, but it actually downloads nothing at all (maybe the link has changed, I don't know).

Do these screenshots offer any insights?

Thanks so much.

Chris8875, Oct 21, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

loss of app page

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

loss of app page

1. loss of app page - Similar Threads - loss app page

2. Loss of click control on all but focused app.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loss of click control on all but focused app.: Winver 2004 (OS Build 19041.6.30) Ive been having the problem above for a couple of weeks now. It's annoying because while I'm working I often need a web browser open for ready reference on a separate monitor. Working on my main app for 10 mins and then clicking on the web...
  3. Loss of tile icons on the Start page after the first October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of tile icons on the Start page after the first October 2020 update: I have lost the tile icons/logos on my Start page after the above "upgrade". What I get now for most tiles is a black square with a first letter of the link of that tile, followed in some cases by number 1. 2 or 3. When I look into Programs and Settings in the Control Panel,...
  4. Default Apps Setting Page

Default Apps Setting Page: I just installed Windows 10 Pro. Had a little problem getting it loaded. Now it is stating "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Setting...
  5. Apps & features page

Apps & features page: This has just started today. When I open Apps in Settings, the Apps & features page shows up for maybe five seconds, then closes. How can I fix that? Thanks! Ronny107...
  6. Loss of apps after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of apps after Windows 10 update: i have a 70 year old client running Windows 10 at my suggestion. Last night she noticed some changes were happening to her Windows10 software. A question was being asked and she indicated “ yes”. she has now lost her email app, her security app, banking app and more....
  7. Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.: I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage through an SD card...
  8. Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of All Apps and Instability After Updating: I recently installed an update for Windows 10, and it seemingly broke everything. All default apps, including the Start Menu and Settings app are inaccessible, and give me a, "Class not registered," error message whenever I try to open them. When trying to log in, I am...
  9. Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10: Hi there - I'm using a Surface 2 Pro running Windows 10 and noticed yesterday that a number of apps are simply not working when I log in using my profile (I am the user administrator on the machine, there are three other normal user accounts - family members) The apps that...
  10. Loss of Rear Camera in Win10 Camera App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of Rear Camera in Win10 Camera App: Morning All, NEXTBOOK NXW10QC32G, ATTOM 1.33 QUAD, 2GIG Been fighting this issue for a while now. In win8.1 the Win camera app can switch between front and rear looking cameras. In upgrade to win10 anniv just the front facing camera is available with no option to change. Is...