Windows 10: Lost favorites in Edge

Discus and support Lost favorites in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With the last update for win 10 I lost most of my favorites. I created a new folder in favorites but cannot find it on my PC. Where is it stored?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alhensler, Nov 29, 2015.

1. alhensler Win User

Lost favorites in Edge

With the last update for win 10 I lost most of my favorites. I created a new folder in favorites but cannot find it on my PC. Where is it stored?
    Thank you.

:)

alhensler, Nov 29, 2015

2. Edge favorites and favorites bar gone

I gave up on Edge. Back to Firefox it is.

first Edge lost all my favorites. I managed to get my favorites bar back, but not my favorites. The only advice Microsoft offered was about importing favorites from another browser, but they were no help when it comes to recovering favorites lost by Edge.

next Edge stopped working altogether. The page opens for a second, then closes. It is not functional. Again, only advice to be found is advice that does not solve the problem.

Next Cortana stopped working on my husbands computer. then Edge lost his favorites too.

Enough already. I'm done.

Tamiam88atgmaildotcom, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Lost all usage of favorites tab in IE 11

Original title: Favorites in IE 11

I have lost all usage of the Favorites tab in IE 11. It works in Edge but I dont like Edge. HELP PLEASE

VernonSnell, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Lost favorites in Edge

This is the default location:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Def ault\Favorites

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  5. alhensler Win User
    Thank you Phil
    I just created a new favorite url in edge and it does not show up in this folder. The url works but where is it on my PC?
    I lost most, not all, of my Edge favorites on 11/28 when Windows did an upgrade. My old Explorer favorites are still in their old folder but I have not attempted to import them again as they were on my original upgrade.
    Al

alhensler, Nov 29, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    Sometimes a new URL will go into a "Links" folder within the one I specified in my earlier post #2

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello alhensler, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Lost favorites in Edge [​IMG]
    Note Starting in in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565 and Windows 10 TH2 version 10511 build 10568, your favorites and favorites bar in Microsoft Edge are now stored in an ESE database file in the DataStore folder at the location below.

Code: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\Spartan.edb[/quote]

Unfortunately, your favorites are not viewable from the Spartan.edb database file.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 29, 2015
  8. philc43 Win User

Lost favorites in Edge

Hi Shawn, Thanks for alerting us to the new location!

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  9. alhensler Win User
    I searched using the explorer search option for the url I created in Edge. Not found. It is as if the data is stored in the cloud rather than the PC. Reading Brinks reply answers that. I still don't know where most of my favorites went that I had created in Edge. I guess I can re-import my old Explorer favorites even though they are not up to date.
    Not a very good upgrade MS.

alhensler, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost favorites in Edge

1. Lost favorites in Edge - Similar Threads - Lost favorites Edge

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Favorites: One morning most of the Favorites I use all the time disappeared. these are the favorites I use most. I looked everywhere and to no avail. The first place I looked was the recycle bin, nothing. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone? I happen to use a lot of...
  4. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Favorites: One morning most of the Favorites I use all the time disappeared. these are the favorites I use most. I looked everywhere and to no avail. The first place I looked was the recycle bin, nothing. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone? I happen to use a lot of...
  5. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  7. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  8. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  9. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  10. Edge lost favorites and home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge lost favorites and home page: Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where did my favorits bar go in edge

2. last windows update edge favorites lost

3. lost all my favorites edge

4. microsoft edge lost bookmarks