Windows 10: Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :(

Discus and support Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :( in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received my windows 10 upgrade notice. So I started to clean the computer to get rid of unwanted stuff before upgrading.After cleaning the computer ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportflyer, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :(

I received my windows 10 upgrade notice. So I started to clean the computer to get rid of unwanted stuff before upgrading.After cleaning the computer , I no longer have the notice to Update . I am back to waiting . In the process of disk clean I must have somehow deleted the downloaded windows 10 files *Sad So now I have to wait for new download in a couple of weeks? Should I wait for the download or force the upgrade by going to Microsoft website . Will the files be the same in both cases. I am upgrading from Window 7 Pro. Tks

:)

sportflyer, Dec 12, 2015

2. How to get back the lost upgrade Win 10?

I lost Win 10 during reset my pc. I used system image backup to reinstall Win 7.

Is there any chance to upgrade to Win 10 again?

Minnie Wang, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Win 10 upgrade

I have installed the Win 10 upgrade from Win7. What I am seeing is not good, there seems to be a lot of bugs still out there. I plan on going back to Win 7 during the month allotted. My question is will I be able to reinstall the free Win 10 upgrade during
    the allotted year or will the free upgrade be lost forever?

charlesgarvin, Dec 12, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :(

JohnC, Dec 12, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Use one of the following links to install Windows 10 Pro...............

MCT (media creation tool )
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Using MCT as an example :
    Download the Tool and then run it. You can do one of the followings :
    1. select Upgrade this PC now. That will begin installing.
    2. select Create installation media for another PC. That will begin downloading the iso file to your computer. After the iso is downloaded, RIGHT click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installation.
    You have the choice of keeping your settings, files and apps, or keep nothing.
    Product key is NOT required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :(

1. Lost my Win 10 upgrade during cleanup :( - Similar Threads - Lost upgrade during

2. Error Code 0x80070032 During Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code 0x80070032 During Win 10 Upgrade: I am using Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant to upgrade to Version 1903 and I am getting an Error Code 0X80070032. I am currently not using a PIN for logging into my laptop and I do not have any peripherals connected to my laptop, other than a mouse. I have also disabled Norton...
  3. Apps lost during reset

Apps lost during reset: Anyway to reclaim apps lost during a reset? Checked downloads. Not there. I managed to save all files, but lost all apps. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-lost-during-reset/bcb6081d-d141-4449-b5bb-8e3fa2549f32
  4. Windows 10 upgrade to V1903 from 1803-Lost all files during the upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade to V1903 from 1803-Lost all files during the upgrade.: Can someone suggest how I can retrieve my existing files/folders that were showing in File explorer (V1803) before the PC was upgraded. I was surprised to say the least that all folders had not been transferred into the new version. I live in the UK so if any one has any...
  5. I lost power on my laptop during windows 10 update

I lost power on my laptop during windows 10 update: Hi there, I recently saw a windows update for windows ten available for my laptop. (acer aspire s7) (please not that I had windows ten already installed, but the trial version) I decided that I would update it, but little did I know that my computer was on low power and I...
  6. Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Display warning encountered during upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Whilst I was attempting to upgrade an old computer ( HP G72-227wm) from Windows 7 to Windows 10 , I received a warning message indicating that the laptop display chipset ( Mobile Intel 4 series Express Chipset ) is no longer supported and that the display won't be correct ....
  7. Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade: During my initial Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro upgrade, I lost my Outlook 2016 contacts. They are backed up on iCloud (on the same Win 10 desktop) from my iPhone, but I don't know how to copy them to the Outlook 2016 contacts file. Can anyone help? 65474
  8. Win 10 Disk Cleanup screwed up my AMD

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 Disk Cleanup screwed up my AMD: So after upgrading to windows 10 i decided to clean up some win 7 system files. BIGGEST MISTAKE!Those files include windows 7 service pack 1 which is need for the AMD card to work. Anything that is set for the AMD driver to use either crashes or flickers or there is a blank...
  9. Sysprep error during win 10 upgrade

Sysprep error during win 10 upgrade: Hi there. Using the media creation tool (both usb and ISO) I get an error. Something like "installation has encountered an error during first_boot with sysprep." In not at my toshiba laptop at the moment so the wording may be a little off. Upgrading from my 8.1 current os....
  10. Upgrade my win 10

Upgrade my win 10: Hello, This weekend I wish to try again make my win 10 (1511) upgrade. After reading about it, I see there are 3 options: 1.Use the Media creation tool to start the update / upgrade 2.Use setup from mounted Iso file (which was created with the media creation tool) 3.Use...