Windows 10: lost photo file

Discus and support lost photo file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10. i lost a photo file and can not restore it. i have enabled the volume shadow copy per some advice. i have no file history and can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by denisethomson2209, Jan 21, 2019.

1. lost photo file

I have windows 10. i lost a photo file and can not restore it. i have enabled the volume shadow copy per some advice. i have no file history and can not enable that. I had the photos on my computer and on a Passport drive. what is the safest way to retrieve the photo file?

Please give specific directions as I am a Nube

Thank You Denise

:)

denisethomson2209, Jan 21, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done lost photo file :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 21, 2019
  4. iko22 Win User

lost photo file

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

lost photo file [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

lost photo file

1. lost photo file - Similar Threads - lost photo file

2. Lost photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost photos: I took some irreplaceable photos that I thought were stored on my PC. I copied all the folders from one hard disk to a second on the computer. I had to reinstall Win10 because of corrupted files. When I went to look for my photos, they were gone because they actually were on...
  3. Lost Photos

Lost Photos: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. My photos were all wiped by One Drive as when they reduced the free storage available I never picked up the emails as didn't use the email account associated with One Drive for emailing. So basically they wiped all of my photos. These were...
  4. Lost photos

Lost photos: Is there a program that will find all Photos on a hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos/b8c13c64-35c8-4d97-a511-c2307d6fe4ac"
  5. lost photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost photos: I lost my photos after windows upgrade. Is there a way to get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos/f7d1d6c1-05d9-49ae-88ad-29bd84f175f9
  6. Lost video files in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost video files in Microsoft Photos: I am really annoyed and desperately need help. When attempting to open Microsoft Photos where my video files were stored I received error message, unable to open, and told me to try again later. The last thing I did yesterday was create a video file in there and all was fine....
  7. lost photos

lost photos: Since my last Windows 10 update, all my photos have disappeared. Have tried all suggestions, no luck. Can anyone help please Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos/8f23cfdd-b7e7-412f-8562-14065338bf9f"
  8. lost photos

lost photos: how do I retrieve photos after a factory reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos/2e1fdf45-acdd-4217-af48-9f24a12a67f1
  9. lost photo

lost photo: While I was making collection of pictures by tagging them, I wrongly tagged one of the pictures, then tried to correct and lost the photo. Can I return this photo and tag the collection?...
  10. Lost photos

Lost photos: I am using Legacy Family History programme. When I downloaded Windows10 all of the photos of people in the programme (600 +) disappeared and in the place where the photograph should be is a large question mark. How do I find the Pictures and reinstall them where they...