Windows 10: Lost Start Menu and Search

Discus and support Lost Start Menu and Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Lost Start Menu and Search

For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu?

Winkey + I did it.

:)

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015

2. Lost the ability to search ffrom start menu, and lost Cortana icon

Thanks very much, Shaun. That's fixed it

tonyboreham, Jun 9, 2015
  3. Lost the ability to search ffrom start menu, and lost Cortana icon

Thanks for that, Shaun. The new account works. The troubleshooter didn't, as I expected. I had also run sfc at the start, to no avail. However, how do I copy all my files to the new account ?

tony

tonyboreham, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 9, 2015
  5. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks Brink, thats handy to know *Thumbs

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost Start Menu and Search - Similar Threads - Lost Start Menu

2. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  3. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  4. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  5. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Start Menu: Open immediately to web login page. Cannot access Shut Down menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-start-menu/659a5a5a-28c6-43ab-93e3-b791b8ebcbab
  6. Search in start menu

in Cortana
    Search in start menu: Hi. I have recently switched from my windows 10 PC to my windows 10 laptop. I don't know of any software differences, so I do not know what may be the cause. When using my windows pc, I often quickly open the start menu to search something up by just starting to type in the...
  7. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419
  8. Lost Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Start Menu: After the latest update, my Windows 10 laptop seems 'stuck' on tiles. I loathe tiles. I want my start menu back, and when the tiles are active, the start menu doesn't work. For some reason, I'm also again back with Cortana 'active.' Cortana is clearly the work of the...
  9. Lost Start menu search function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Start menu search function: I'm creating a custom image of Windows 10 Pro and am implementing my usual settings, programs and tweaks as I have with prior versions of Windows. I'm sure I'll have a few other questions along the way as I complete this task but my main problem is my Search function in...
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...