Lost Start Menu and Search

Discus and support Lost Start Menu and Search in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu?

Winkey + I did it.

:)

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015
  2. tonyboreham Win User

Lost the ability to search ffrom start menu, and lost Cortana icon

Thanks very much, Shaun. That's fixed it

tonyboreham, Jun 9, 2015
  3. tonyboreham Win User
    Lost the ability to search ffrom start menu, and lost Cortana icon

Thanks for that, Shaun. The new account works. The troubleshooter didn't, as I expected. I had also run sfc at the start, to no avail. However, how do I copy all my files to the new account ?

tony

tonyboreham, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 9, 2015
  5. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks Brink, thats handy to know *Thumbs

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lost Start Menu and Search - Similar Threads - Lost Start Menu

1. W10 Laptop lost start password

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Laptop lost start password: Was OK but now it does not recognize my password. what to do? to start? BUT the same password works OK on my W10 PC !!! ......nick Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel, Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 2.4GHz, OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler, 2x2GB, 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 800...
  2. Lost Start menu search function

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Start menu search function: I'm creating a custom image of Windows 10 Pro and am implementing my usual settings, programs and tweaks as I have with prior versions of Windows. I'm sure I'll have a few other questions along the way as I complete this task but my main problem is my Search function in...
  3. Tried to fix start menu issue, lost profile, had to use system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried to fix start menu issue, lost profile, had to use system restore: There are countless posts on here about fixing the problem of the Win10 start menu disappearing (that is, left-click the start button and nothing happens). My wife got her ASUS laptop in early September, and some time - a month or two maybe; it's her computer, but it was...
  4. Lost my start menu window

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my start menu window: The little windows square at bottom left on screen has stopped showing the startup apps - I can still get to them in a list with a right mouse click. How do I reset this to give me the pictorial display with Cortina ? 76242
  5. Lost some file associations + Start Menu and Tray icons not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost some file associations + Start Menu and Tray icons not opening: I do not know what happened, but I lost some file associations, such as opening .torrent files and magnetic links with utorrent and text files (.ini, .txt etc.) with Notepad++. Additionally, Start Menu and tray options, such as volume slider and wi-fi menu are not opening...
  6. After latest win UD lost Edge and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest win UD lost Edge and Start Menu: Folks, My laptop has lost MS EDGE and the start menu. This started after the latest Win updates on 14-Dec. Should I try to restore to an earlier date? or maybe remove the update? Please advise Roger*Huh 72558
  7. Lost ability to right click, run as Adminsitrator on Start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost ability to right click, run as Adminsitrator on Start menu search: When I press/click on Start, and then type 'Power' for instance to get PowerShell, I want to right click and Run as administrator. Somehow that is gone. I can only Pin to Start. Did updates, reboots, etc. I cannot even click and drag icons from the Start menu - just has a red...
Lost Start Menu and Search solved