Windows 10: Lost Start Menu and Search

Discus and support Lost Start Menu and Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Lost Start Menu and Search

For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu?

Winkey + I did it.

:)

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015
  2. tonyboreham Win User

Lost the ability to search ffrom start menu, and lost Cortana icon

Thanks very much, Shaun. That's fixed it

tonyboreham, Jun 9, 2015
  3. tonyboreham Win User
    Lost the ability to search ffrom start menu, and lost Cortana icon

Thanks for that, Shaun. The new account works. The troubleshooter didn't, as I expected. I had also run sfc at the start, to no avail. However, how do I copy all my files to the new account ?

tony

tonyboreham, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 9, 2015
  5. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks Brink, thats handy to know *Thumbs

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost Start Menu and Search - Similar Threads - Lost Start Menu

2. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...
  3. Lost Window 10 start menu

Lost Window 10 start menu: I have lost my Windows 10 Start menu & icon on the task bar. Via Google, I have the Microsoft instructions assured to correct this problem. It didn't. The next step - according too the Microsoft instructions - is to reinstall all Windows 10 apps . I think this is a bit...
  4. Lost Start menu search function

Lost Start menu search function: I'm creating a custom image of Windows 10 Pro and am implementing my usual settings, programs and tweaks as I have with prior versions of Windows. I'm sure I'll have a few other questions along the way as I complete this task but my main problem is my Search function in...
  5. Start Menu Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search not working: When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop. The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing. What is strange is that when...
  6. Problem with Start Menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Start Menu search: I had to restore a older image of my Windows 10 install, after copying my current user profile. I restored it, copied the new user profile over the old one and got all working. Except the Start menu search feature stopped finding programs, the only results it returns are...
  7. windows start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    windows start menu search: i can't seem to see that windows finds simple "apps"\(programs)" like the blizzard app, twitch app etc... is there some setting that enables me to do this? so far i narrowed it down to the indexing of files. maybe that'll do something. every time i search for "twitch"...
  8. start menu search problem

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu search problem: Build 14328. I can't open start menu and begin typing to search anymore. searching only works in the Cortana box. 48330
  9. Lost ability to right click, run as Adminsitrator on Start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost ability to right click, run as Adminsitrator on Start menu search: When I press/click on Start, and then type 'Power' for instance to get PowerShell, I want to right click and Run as administrator. Somehow that is gone. I can only Pin to Start. Did updates, reboots, etc. I cannot even click and drag icons from the Start menu - just has a red...
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...