Lost Start Menu and Search

Discus and support Lost Start Menu and Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

For whatever reason I have lost the use of my Start Menu and Search function. Is there any way to get the 'Settings' page open without the Start Menu?

Winkey + I did it.

:)

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015
  2. tonyboreham Win User

Lost the ability to search ffrom start menu, and lost Cortana icon

Thanks very much, Shaun. That's fixed it

tonyboreham, Jun 9, 2015
  3. tonyboreham Win User
    Lost the ability to search ffrom start menu, and lost Cortana icon

Thanks for that, Shaun. The new account works. The troubleshooter didn't, as I expected. I had also run sfc at the start, to no avail. However, how do I copy all my files to the new account ?

tony

tonyboreham, Jun 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 9, 2015
  5. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks Brink, thats handy to know *Thumbs

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lost Start Menu and Search - Similar Threads - Lost Start Menu

2. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  3. Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update: After the automatic Windows 10 update, I could no longer choose 2560x1080 ultrawide resolution on my LG34 inch monitor. My video card is an AMD 7000 legacy display card came with Dell computer in 2013. I tried every method online including updating drivers from AMD or LG,...
  4. Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...: Last night, I returned to my desk after going out for a meal, woke my machine from sleep with the intention of continuing to work where I'd left off, only to find that Windows had forced a restart after installing an update. The consequence of this was that although Edge...
  5. Jigsaw has lost all my purchased collections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jigsaw has lost all my purchased collections: Jigsaw suddenly cannot connect to Xbox from my Win10 PC and has lost all my purchased collections. It askes me to sign in to the Xbox app and try again. The Xbox app IS signed in. I've logged out, reinstalled, rebooted, updated, run the trouble shooter and anything else...
  6. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  7. Lost photos

Lost photos: I am using Legacy Family History programme. When I downloaded Windows10 all of the photos of people in the programme (600 +) disappeared and in the place where the photograph should be is a large question mark. How do I find the Pictures and reinstall them where they...
  8. Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...

Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...: Hi, My laptop is dead and it only shows up a manufacturer screen and turns to a blank screen after a few seconds, I also tried to open up a task manager but it won't works. So, i got nothing to then to force close my laptop (by keep pressing the off button). I had tried...
  9. Qualcomm QCA 9565 Bluetooth 4.5 getting Error 43 after 2 seconds on start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm QCA 9565 Bluetooth 4.5 getting Error 43 after 2 seconds on start: Recently, my Bluetooth Driver keeps on giving me an error with this: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) I have a Dell Inspiron PC (the ones made in 2016 Christmas) and it's really interfering with my Headset that has Bluetooth....
  10. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803): I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I also have "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" selected. However, every time I turn on my PC I was met...