Windows 10: MACRIUM 6.2 full gets error ESENT 642 wuaung.dll on every backup

Discus and support MACRIUM 6.2 full gets error ESENT 642 wuaung.dll on every backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; 1607 OS Build 14965.1001 On every image backup (all have no failures) I always get in Macrium Error Log: ESENT 642 wuaung.dll That is the ONLY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wen, Nov 25, 2016.

1. WEN
    wen Win User

MACRIUM 6.2 full gets error ESENT 642 wuaung.dll on every backup

OS Build 14965.1001

On every image backup (all have no failures) I always get in Macrium Error Log: ESENT 642 wuaung.dll
    That is the ONLY error I get. I also Verify every backup.
    I ran out of Macrium Support a year ago. I have the "paid" version.

MACRIUM 6.2 full gets error ESENT 642 wuaung.dll on every backup [​IMG]

:)

2. Windows 10 apps and data backup

Yes, if you want to do a Clean Install of Windows you will need to re-install all the Apps. When apps are installed they write to the Registry which can't be written to with success from the backups.

If you wanted to make a restorable system image use Macrium Reflect - Free. Though that can't be used to add the programs to a Clean Install. only a full replacement for them.

How to Create a Full-Disk Backup of Your PC with Macrium Reflect

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7363/macrium-re...

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 25, 2016
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 25, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

This is a Windows error actually.

Have you run sfc/scannow from command prompt (Admin) ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 25, 2016
  5. WEN
    wen Win User

6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

OK. Thanks.

Can you now run the following command please:

Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] If that returns no errors I suggest to uninstall MR, reboot and re-install it.

If it returns errors then this could fix it:

Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth[/quote] Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 26, 2016
  7. WEN
    wen Win User

8. WEN
    wen Win User

9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Good to hear you have the problem sorted.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 26, 2016
  10. WEN
    wen Win User
    Thanks ever so much for sticking with me until the problem was 100% FIXED !!

You were a FANTASTIC help !! God Bless You !!

11. WEN
    wen Win User
    It's happening AGAIN !!

12. fdegrove Win User
    fdegrove, Nov 29, 2016
  13. WEN
    wen Win User

RESET as instructed above. Here's what I got ??

14. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

I am running out of ideas but it won't hurt to try the following:

From command line (Admin) type:

Code: regsvr32 Wuaueng.dll[/quote] A message should pop up:

"DllRegisterServer in Wuaueng.dll succeeded".

Reboot the machine and hopefully this error won't crop up again.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 30, 2016
  15. WEN
    wen Win User
    Hello fdegrove,

I ran Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

and it fixed the error again.

Thema:

1. MACRIUM 6.2 full gets error ESENT 642 wuaung.dll on every backup - Similar Threads - MACRIUM full gets

2. Can USB 2 be used for Macrium Reflect backups?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can USB 2 be used for Macrium Reflect backups?: Hi: I'm hoping to learn how to work the Macrium Reflect backup/restore process. Until now, I've relied exclusively on System Restore, but..So please bear with me One preliminary question: I have only USB 2 functionality, not USB 3. Can I use a USB 2 drive to back up and...
  3. Event Viewer Error The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Error The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL: Below are my errors, keep in mind the MSI Gaming App (see final error) always does that, seems they broke it someway for anniversary edition and never fixed it. Any ideas what I should do to get rid of these? Code: The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL...
  4. esent error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    esent error: I reinstalled my os as problems and i am getting error in event viewer with SettingSyncHost but only attached the main one Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 12/09/2015 19:11:40 Event ID: 488 Task Category: (1) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A...
  5. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  6. Keep updated copy full backup with Macrium on Cloud for emgcy?

Keep updated copy full backup with Macrium on Cloud for emgcy?: I do regular backups of my desktop to usb drives using Macrium Workstation Edition. I am concerned about data protection in fire or flood since my backups are on premises and I've nowhere else to store them. Once a backup is completed by Macrium the file can only be read by a...
  7. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...
  8. Doigt only Full Backups under Macrium Reflect Free

Doigt only Full Backups under Macrium Reflect Free: I have just installed Macrium Reflect Free 6.3 and cannot seem to find a way to create only Full backups. I did this on both Acronis and Paragon. How can I set up Reflect to do this? Thank you. 80044
  9. Macrium won't save more than 6 backups

Macrium won't save more than 6 backups: Have 691 GB free on 3 TB drive, backup every night. Trying to save 7 but Macrium won't go beyond 6 no matter what I set it at. Free space requirement is set to 400 GB. Ideas? Paid version if that matters... 40371
  10. Event Viewer Error The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL: Below are my errors, keep in mind the MSI Gaming App (see final error) always does that, seems they broke it someway for anniversary edition and never fixed it. Any ideas what I should do to get rid of these? Code: The Open Procedure for service "BITS" in DLL...