Windows 10: Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing

Discus and support Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] Hello experts, two questions pls 1. I am unable to see viboot feature while restoring in macrium free reflect? Is it restricted to paid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sunandoghosh, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing

Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing [​IMG]

Hello experts,
    two questions pls

1. I am unable to see viboot feature while restoring in macrium free reflect? Is it restricted to paid version?

2. I tried to viboot in windows 10 machine with windows 7 image and getting attached error?
    Any idea pls

thanks in advance

:)

sunandoghosh, Jul 1, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

How upgrade old xp laptop to w10?

Zhao,

It would not be an update as such. It would need to be a clean install.

Test its compatibility first - see
    Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 compatibility testing for Windows XP, Vista & 7 computers - Forum article

As mentioned in the article, you won't know if it works until you try it. So even if it passes all the tests, get yourself a system imaging utility such as

Macrium Reflect [free edition]
    and make a system image of your computer] before installing Windows 10.

Denis

Tryx3, Jul 1, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How to transfer ssd to new computer with windows 10 without formating?

You need to make an image of the SSD with imaging software that supports restores to dissimilar hardware. One example is

Macrium Reflect
    with their Redploy feature. Another is
    AOEMEI Backupper
    with the Dissimlar Harware/Universal Restore feature.

For more examples of software you can use, search the web for: image restore to dissimlar hardware.

BulldogXX, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing

Bastet, Jul 1, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    Macrium ViBoot is not restricted to paid versions.

I cannot say what your issue is but have a look at this excellent tutorial.

Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image Windows 10 Virtualization Tutorials

cereberus, Jul 1, 2017
  6. thank you for link...updated to latest version yet same problem

sunandoghosh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing

1. Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing - Similar Threads - Macrium Viboot feature

2. Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx: Hi there, I have successfully installed free Macrium Reflect on Windows 10, do scheduled full and differential images, and have used viBoot to create VM's and logged in to check images. The VM's end up in a default location on my C: drive. I only created the VM's to make...
  3. Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx: Hi there, I have successfully installed free Macrium Reflect on Windows 10, do scheduled full and differential images, and have used viBoot to create VM's and logged in to check images. The VM's end up in a default location on my C: drive. I only created the VM's to make...
  4. Macrium reflect 7

Macrium reflect 7: So i have recently started to use the free version of Macrium Reflect 7 i have saved an image on a pendrive which i will update weekly, so what do i need to do to achieve this please? 158605
  5. Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query

Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query: I notice when I boot a Reflect image using viBoot that I cannot logon to a Microsoft user account having a PIN or password but I can log into my admin account which is a local account using the admin password. Is this normal behaviour? 150623
  6. Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query: I notice when I boot a Reflect image using viBoot that I cannot logon to a Microsoft user account having a PIN or password but I can log into my admin account which is a local account using the admin password. Is this normal behaviour? 150623
  7. How to test macrium backup

How to test macrium backup: I am somehow not understanding how to do this. I have Macrium Free and I created a backup on DVD and an image of the C:/ drive on an external WD drive. All appears good. Macrium says test the backup to ensure it works. So I connect the ext HD and put the DVD in the drive....
  8. VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium: I have a Macrium Reflect Free image backup from my tablet which is uses a 32bit uefi format installation. I tried to open it in viboot but it refused to open it, and got in a loading failed loop. Installs done with 64bit uefi work fine. I checked the image and it is...
  9. Macrium Reflect 7 discount

Macrium Reflect 7 discount: Hey guys I just finished talking with the good folks at Macrium and they gave me the OK to post a discount code for our members to use.......not a great deal but it is for 10% off purchases for the next 7 days...... Just click on the "buy now" button and check the...
  10. Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image: How to: Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image [img] Information I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium Reflect Free is the best available free imaging solution for Windows (download: Macrium Reflect Free). That being...