Windows 10: Make hotmail mail like new

Discus and support Make hotmail mail like new in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a Hotmail mail account for about 20 years and would like to move all the newsletters and other minor stuff to a new email address and repurpose... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mayagrafix, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Make hotmail mail like new

I have a Hotmail mail account for about 20 years and would like to move all the newsletters and other minor stuff to a new email address and repurpose the original for my smartphone.

Without having to change the preferences options in each of the newsletters etc. one by one, is there an batch mode way I can have this?

TIA

:)

Mayagrafix, Jul 28, 2016
  2. jimspivey Win User

E71x syncs but no mail!!! Please help

check this out and try it! its crazyyyy! i added my gmail account and it works perfectly. when i want my hotmail account to send me my mail all i have to do is send an email from NM to my gmail from my hotmail! i then get my notification of new mail in
    my gmail. then i sync again and like a miracle my hotmail inbox is downloaded with new mail. otherwise it never works. isnt this crazy!!!!!

jimspivey, Jul 28, 2016
  3. A little help to define e-mail account on N97

Hy,

I recently buy a N97,i try to set up e-mail acount on him and it doesen't work.

After i make the account for e-mail i try to retrive e-mail and it says "Please check the server"(or something like that).

I try with yahoo account and with live(hotmail) and is the same,it cannot conect.

Please help if you know how to make the settings for yahoo or live(hotmail)

Thank's

britzinelul24, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Make hotmail mail like new

How exactly would the sending newsletters know your new email address if you don't tell them?

Mystere, Jul 29, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Yep, always been the downside of subscribing or having a credit/debit card, any type of account, have to individually notify each and every one when having a change. Since you can do it online I'd think you could simply log into your Hotmail/Outlook.com account on any device desired and work with your E-Mail/Newsletters. Put a link on the Desktop or in the browser.

Berton, Jul 29, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    As per post No.2, newsletters are sent to the email address you told those companies to send them to, so it would be up to you to let them know.

For newsletters you receive where you have an online account with the company, you will need to log into each account individually and update your email address details to your new email address. For newsletters you subscribed to where you don't have an account with the company, you will need to unsubscribe from receiving emails to your old email address (most newsletter emails will have an 'Unsubscribe' link in the email that you can click), then re-subscribe with your new email address. In both cases it will need to be done manually for each individual account, it's not something that can be automated.

I assume the reason for doing this is to de-clutter your inbox? A feature called 'Focused Inbox' is coming to Outlook.com. in the near future, where you will be able to split your inbox into 'Focused' (main inbox) and 'Other' (less important emails, such as newsletters). That way, you will be able to see your more important emails straight away, without them being cluttered together with your newsletter emails. I am not sure when this ability will be rolled out to everyone, because Microsoft keep delaying the roll out of the new Outlook.com. However, if this is something you are looking for, then it maybe worth holding off a bit.

More details about 'Focused Inbox' here:
    https://blogs.office.com/2016/07/26/...atters-to-you/

Make hotmail mail like new [​IMG]

Another alternative, would be to keep your Hotmail account as it is for newsletters and then add a new Outlook.com email address to that account as an Outlook.com alias, which will become your new main email address. All newsletters go to your Hotmail address (which you can set a rule to move the emails sent to that address to it's own folder), all other emails go to your new Outlook.com address. Both your old Hotmail email address and your new Outlook.com address would still be under just one Microsoft account, the same one you use now. However, you will have a similar problem, where although you wouldn't need to update your email address with various companies for newsletters, you would need to inform other people of your new email address instead. So swings and roundabouts.

Option 3, if you're not subscribed to many newsletters, you could manually create a rule on Outlook.com, where emails received from email address XYZ (I.E. Email addresses of people sending the newsletters) are moved to folder ABC (I.E. A dedicated newsletters folder). This would be similar to 'Focused Inbox', but using folders and manual rules instead.

ARC1020, Jul 29, 2016
  7. bloodhand Win User
    I don't think there is a solution for this. I have the same issue and reregistering all my >100 accounts on a new mail seems pretty time-wasting.

bloodhand, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Make hotmail mail like new

1. Make hotmail mail like new - Similar Threads - hotmail mail

2. Can I transfer emails from hotmail account to outlook e-mail account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer emails from hotmail account to outlook e-mail account?: I had a hotmail account which I have been using for years since 1990-1991. Recently Micro soft discontinues Hotmail and all my emails of years having extremely important information and data are now no longer accessible. Can anyone please help me in how to retreive this data...
  3. Can I transfer emails from hotmail account to outlook e-mail account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer emails from hotmail account to outlook e-mail account?: I had a hotmail account which I have been using for years since 1990-1991. Recently Micro soft discontinues Hotmail and all my emails of years having extremely important information and data are now no longer accessible. Can anyone please help me in how to retreive this data...
  4. Can't Update Hotmail Password in the Win 10 Mail App. "Access Denied"

Can't Update Hotmail Password in the Win 10 Mail App. "Access Denied": I changed my Hotmail PW yesterday via my iPhone. When I open the Mail app in Windows 10 on my PC, there is the prompt to "sign in". However, every time I click continue to sign in, I get "access denied" I see no way to change my PW within the Windows 10 mail app. I am able to...
  5. Can't Update Hotmail Password in the Win 10 Mail App. "Access Denied"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Update Hotmail Password in the Win 10 Mail App. "Access Denied": I changed my Hotmail PW yesterday via my iPhone. When I open the Mail app in Windows 10 on my PC, there is the prompt to "sign in". However, every time I click continue to sign in, I get "access denied" I see no way to change my PW within the Windows 10 mail app. I am able to...
  6. Can't Update Hotmail Password in the Win 10 Mail App. "Access Denied"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I Want to Be Able to Sign Out of My Hotmail Account After Setting Up Microsoft Mail App...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Want to Be Able to Sign Out of My Hotmail Account After Setting Up Microsoft Mail App...: I activated and sent an e-mail for first time through the local Microsoft Mail app on my PC . I signed in to my regular Hotmail account using the app. I cannot sign off now. Privacy is important. What to do to avoid being permanently signed into Hotmail whenever I turn on my...
  8. I Want to Be Able to Sign Out of My Hotmail Account After Setting Up Microsoft Mail App...

I Want to Be Able to Sign Out of My Hotmail Account After Setting Up Microsoft Mail App...: I activated and sent an e-mail for first time through the local Microsoft Mail app on my PC . I signed in to my regular Hotmail account using the app. I cannot sign off now. Privacy is important. What to do to avoid being permanently signed into Hotmail whenever I turn on my...
  9. why are my sign in details wrong. It keeps saying my E-mail address is Hotmail it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are my sign in details wrong. It keeps saying my E-mail address is Hotmail it is not...: I am at a loss as to know how this happened My partner has a hotmail E-mail address. I am unable to sign into cloud. Whenever I try to sign in my name keeps appearing as @hotmail...
  10. why are my sign in details wrong. It keeps saying my E-mail address is Hotmail it is not...

why are my sign in details wrong. It keeps saying my E-mail address is Hotmail it is not...: I am at a loss as to know how this happened My partner has a hotmail E-mail address. I am unable to sign into cloud. Whenever I try to sign in my name keeps appearing as @hotmail...