Windows 10: Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Clear your Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Clear your Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web.

Your browsing data is the information that Microsoft Edge remembers and stores on a PC as your browse the web. This includes info you've entered into forms, passwords, and sites you've visited, and it helps make your browsing experience better. If you're using a shared or public PC, you might not want Microsoft Edge to remember your browsing data.

See also: View and delete browsing history in Microsoft Edge

This tutorial will show you how to delete your browsing data in Microsoft Edge for your user account in Windows 10.

What gets deleted when you clear browsing data

[table][tr][td]Types of info [/td] [td]What gets deleted[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Passwords[/td] [td]Passwords that you've saved for sites.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Here's How:

1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Privacy & security on the left side, and click/tap on the Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. Check the items you want to clear, and click/tap on Clear button. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 1, 2015

2. Disable Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on the description, the option you are looking for is unfortunately not available. However, I suggest you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback.

• Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dot ().

• Click on Send Feedback and provide your feedback.
    If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help

Billion Debbarma, Jul 1, 2015
  3. brg99_773 Win User
    Disable Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro and am trying to disable the "Clear Browsing Data" option in Windows Edge. Is this possible? I am not interested in workarounds such as trying to "hide" Edge either. There should be a supported way of doing this.

Or alternatively is there a supported way of disabling Microsoft Edge? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

brg99_773, Jul 1, 2015
  4. Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

can you clear or reset Edge Browser history without open the Edge browser? my edge browser seams got virus infected ( see the attached photo, however i have tried all the antivirus scan software available including windows 10's defender, McAfee, and few others without successes - simply no of the antivirus software can detect any virus from the windows 10 system. i also updated to the latest of everything. what else can i do? currently, if you open the browser, it will stay ( shucked ) on that page, and i cannot close it. the only way i can close it is by using the task manager.
    if you visit this page, your Edge Browser may stop working! take a look at the picture. if i click ok , then it will ask me another question 'if you want to stay on this page'? either i answer yes, or no, it keep asking me the same question. i cannot close the browser! neither can i visit other website! i am simply 'locked' in this page.

windows10Pro64, Aug 12, 2015
  5. also, if i use task manager to close the browser. next time i open the edge, it will go directly to this page and stay there.....

windows10Pro64, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Jayeff Win User
    Ok, Search for "Edge settings in IE 11" in your Start Menu Search. This will open another tab over your original buggy message. Then you should be able to access the history and cache cleaning via the Microsoft Edge Settings. When all the browsing history will be cleared your Microsoft Edge browser will open normally.

Source : fake virus alert popup in MS Edge. - Microsoft Community

Jayeff, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Hi All,

we need a fic on how to move Edge cache to a different drive than C:

MikeM12345, Dec 29, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Browsing Data

2. How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit: [ATTACH]If you want to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit, here is how you can do that. You can automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit via Chrome’s Settings panel, or you can set things up with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry...
  3. How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium: [ATTACH]The latest Chromium-based Microsoft Edge web browser has replaced your classic legacy Edge browser. The new Edge Chromium brings you the option to clear the […] This article How to clear browsing data of Edge Legacy using Edge Chromium first appeared on...
  4. Problems clearing browsing data - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems clearing browsing data - Windows 10: [ATTACH] You'll see from the above snip that I've set this to "Always clear this when I close the browser" but it never does. I've lived with it until now but it's just caused me some problems. Am I missing something? What can I do to make it work please? If this is...
  5. Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.: I have updated to Win V. 1903. Since the update it takes ages for Browsing Data to clear in Edge. Prior to the update it used to clear almost as soon as I clicked the button. Any thoughts please? 133872
  6. google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...

in Browsers and Email
    google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...: google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long... hey guys, i remember a few days ago when i clear my history on chrome it would be fast no matter how much was thier, like a flash...now it takes long even if its 1mb...i tried uninstalling and resinstalling but same thing.....
  7. google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long...: google chrome "clear browsing data" takes long... hey guys, i remember a few days ago when i clear my history on chrome it would be fast no matter how much was thier, like a flash...now it takes long even if its 1mb...i tried uninstalling and resinstalling but same thing.....
  8. Edge displays blank screen & can't delete clear browsing data

in Browsers and Email
    Edge displays blank screen & can't delete clear browsing data: When I open Edge it opens to a blank start page & usually below I see weather time etc & customize & now I cant see anything. I went to Microsoft site & did everything it says. I also noticed browser slow also & not displaying many things on sites. I did a Internet Explorer...
  9. Clear EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Clear EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Clear EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  10. Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear browsing data windows 10