Windows 10: Many BSOD since Creator update?

Discus and support Many BSOD since Creator update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear all, Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked. Can somebody help (see file) please? TY in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elwoodch, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Elwoodch Win User

Many BSOD since Creator update?

Dear all,

Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked.

Can somebody help (see file) please?

TY in advance.

Attachment 147994

:)

Elwoodch, Aug 8, 2017

2. BSOD when updating to Fall Creators Update (1709

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my english not very good ....

I had the same problem when I went to "fall creator" = BSOD

On an H81 haswell configuration (MSI) with a i5 4590 and a fairly old GTX 560ti graphics card.

I spent 3 days on the subject, I had BSODs in particular at the launch of Google Chrome or the Steam client.

I reinstall several times in Legacy or EUFI, with updates and also since the ISO "Fall Creator",
    I also change versions of Bios (older), many drivers tests, another DD/SSD, another RAM, another power supply, another keyboard and mouse ... etc ...

After a test with a Pentium = ok, disappearance of the BSOD

To arrive at a stable system without BSOD with the i5 4590 = Disable turbo boost in the Bios.

I guess there is a problem with this function in the "fall creator" .....

and hoping for a quick correction ...

With my Best Regards

gigabyte_706, Aug 8, 2017
  3. Eggenberg Win User
    Kernel Security Check Failure Blue screen after Windows 10 creator update

Dunno if you're still getting this issue but I had the same - constantly - after installing Creator Update.

Rolled back to previous build - zero issues with BSOD since

Eggenberg, Aug 8, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Aug 9, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    Hello Elwoodch,

Your most recent mini-dump file indicates that the graphics driver may be causing problems.

Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) An exception happened while executing a system service routine. EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s. FAULTING_IP: dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL:Many BSOD since Creator update? :processDeferredCommand+6c7 fffff809`a499cf57 41ff0f dec dword ptr [r15] ffffcc80`2c748f98 fffff809`a4dfee18*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0xdee18 ffffcc80`2c7499e8 fffff809`a119bb90*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys atikmpag+0xbb90[/quote] Your graphics drivers are from 2015:
    atikmdag.sys Wed Nov 4 21:39:32 2015 (563A7B14)
    atikmpag.sys Wed Nov 4 21:16:43 2015 (563A75BB)

Please update the AMD driver. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install newer drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the AMD website.

There are a number of other drivers from Avast and Malwarebytes that may also be causing trouble but lets change one thing at a time and see if it makes a difference. If you still get problems please uninstall Avast and Malwarebytes and use Windows Defender while we continue troubleshooting.

philc43, Aug 9, 2017
  6. Elwoodch Win User
    Dear philc43

ty for your time and effort. I do appreciate your help.

I have done what is requested, and also uninstalled Avast and Malwarebyte (with Revo). Still have BSODs.

No newer driver however available for my AMD GC. I think this is normal for a 7 year old PC with a even older GC.

I think this creator update is a obsolescence gateway for too old stuff...

Maybe time to change my HW...

KR

Elwoodch, Aug 9, 2017
  7. Abaculus Win User
    Could you please upload the dump files for the subsequent crashes?

Abaculus, Aug 9, 2017
  8. Elwoodch Win User

Hi ABaculus.

here is the last one.
    Attachment 148165

kr

Elwoodch, Aug 9, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    This latest error indicates you have driver verifier running - please turn this off and see if you continue to get errors.

The driver verifier caught a misbehaving driver for the Paragon Software.

Code: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9) The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000226, An IRP dispatch handler has returned without passing down or completing this IRP, or someone forgot to return STATUS_PENDING. Arg2: fffff8074cea2ff0, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected. Arg3: ffffc40ec0ed6dc0, IRP address. Arg4: 0000000000000000 FAULTING_IP: UimBus+2ff0 fffff807`4cea2ff0 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h[/quote] You can uninstall or update the Paragon software to see if this helps but I am not sure that it is related to your previous BSOD events.

philc43, Aug 9, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Was the AMD driver updated before or after the latest bsod?
    Please post an updated zip with msinfo32, dxdiag, event log, etc

zbook, Aug 10, 2017
  11. Elwoodch Win User
    This is right and surely the cause of last BSOD, I switch it off and now it seems fine.

I have reinstalled AMD drivers (still from 2015...), deinstalled Avast, reinstalled Malwarebyte pro and for 12 hours now without any BSOD.
    Seems stable again. Maybe my old PC will survive few more years...

Thanks a lot to the community for your help. I do appreciate.
    I will mark this thread as solved in few days if no more BSOD.

KR and greetings from Switzerland.

Elwoodch, Aug 10, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    zbook, Aug 10, 2017
  13. Elwoodch Win User

Dear zbook,
    I didn't touch the Paragon and don't think it was an issue since no service is running in background.
    I reinstalled AMD drivers befor the last BSOD. But the last BSOD happened only when rebooting and was surely caused because I forgot to deactivate Driver Verifier as suggested by philc43.

Now I am running fine and worked all day yesterday without any issue. The only difference, except reinstalling the AMD drivers, is that I didn't reinstalled Avast.

Here is the new zip:
    Attachment 148506

I will mark the thread as solved and a big thank to you all.

Greetings from Switzerland.

Elwoodch, Aug 11, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    The information interpretation in the logs was limited by language and by time zone changes.
    Ordinarily we search the logs by entering terms in English and this was not possible.
    Some of the language terms were able to interpreted but search was not possible.
    So the results were limited.
    There were 3 bsod mini dump files on 8/10/2017.
    The latest zip displays no bsod mini dump files after 8/10/2017.
    All of the bsod mini dumps on 8/10/2017 were when using Windows driver verifier.
    All 3 displayed Uimbus.sys as the misbehaving driver. And 1 also displayed atikmpag.sys and atikmdag as misbehaving drivers.
    So there were 3 misbehaving drivers using windows driver verifier.

The Uimbus driver is hard disk management software that had some failure to load entries and is still present as a possible source of a misbehaving driver.
    If the AMD was reinstalled before the last bsod (the date of the last bsod may be different than the last mini dump file) the windows driver verifier had displayed the driver. So it could also be a source of a misbehaving driver.
    So it's up to you as to whether you want to keep the thread open to clarify the dates and times, fix drivers that had bsod, or whether to monitor for a few more days.

Code: Event[647]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Date: 2017-04-22T21:33:49.332 Event ID: 20001 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Informations Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: AUTORITE NT\Système Computer: BigBrother Description: La gestion des pilotes a terminé le processus d’installation du pilote uimbus.inf_amd64_ae7183b08107c5d8\uimbus.inf pour l’ID d’instance de périphérique ROOT\UIM\0000 avec le statut suivant : 0x0.[/quote] Code: Event[8637]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-07-03T21:19:33.764 Event ID: 7026 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classique User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: BigBrother Description: Le ou les pilotes de démarrage système ou d’amorçage suivants n’ont pas pu se charger : aswRvrtaswSPdamEhStorClassESProtectionDriverFileCryptGpuEnergyDrvnpsvctrigUimBusUim_DEVIMUim_IMWdFilter[/quote]
    Code: Event[15884]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-08-09T15:08:29.128 Event ID: 7026 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classique User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: BigBrother Description: Le ou les pilotes de démarrage système ou d’amorçage suivants n’ont pas pu se charger : aswbidsdriveraswbidshaswblogaswbunivaswRvrtaswSnxaswSPaswVmmdamEhStorClassESProtectionDriverFileCryptGpuEnergyDrvnpsvctrigUimBus[/quote] Code: UimBus Universal Image Mounte Universal Image Mounte Kernel System Running OK TRUE FALSE 0 81ÿ920 0 24.10.2014 00:34:54 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\UimBus.sys 4ÿ096[/quote] Name Information Source UimBus.sys Universal Image Mounter Controller or Paragon Hard Disk Manager Paragon Software Group – Products for Home Users
    Code: amdkmdap amdkmdap amdkmdap Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 8ÿ192 376ÿ832 0 04.11.2015 22:16:43 C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys 4ÿ096[/quote] Code: Event[16749]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Date: 2017-08-10T15:12:27.662 Event ID: 20003 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Informations Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: AUTORITE NT\Système Computer: BigBrother Description: La gestion des pilotes a terminé le processus d’ajout du service amdkmdap pour l’ID d’instance de périphérique PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_30311682&REV_00\4&932E434&0&0018 avec le statut suivant : 0.[/quote] Code: Event[16877]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Date: 2017-08-10T17:51:52.612 Event ID: 20003 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Informations Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: AUTORITE NT\Système Computer: BigBrother Description: La gestion des pilotes a terminé le processus d’ajout du service amdkmdap pour l’ID d’instance de périphérique PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_30311682&REV_00\4&932E434&0&0018 avec le statut suivant : 0.[/quote] Code: Event[16749]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Date: 2017-08-10T15:12:27.662 Event ID: 20003 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Informations Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: AUTORITE NT\Système Computer: BigBrother Description: La gestion des pilotes a terminé le processus d’ajout du service amdkmdap pour l’ID d’instance de périphérique PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_30311682&REV_00\4&932E434&0&0018 avec le statut suivant : 0.[/quote] atikmpag.sys ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver) AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download
    Get from OEM for laptops
    Code: amdkmdag amdkmdag amdkmdag Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 11ÿ354ÿ112 8ÿ728ÿ576 0 04.11.2015 22:39:32 C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys 8ÿ192[/quote] Code: Event[16750]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Date: 2017-08-10T15:12:27.923 Event ID: 20003 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Informations Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: AUTORITE NT\Système Computer: BigBrother Description: La gestion des pilotes a terminé le processus d’ajout du service amdkmdag pour l’ID d’instance de périphérique PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_30311682&REV_00\4&932E434&0&0018 avec le statut suivant : 0.[/quote] Code: Event[16878]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp Date: 2017-08-10T17:51:53.413 Event ID: 20003 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Informations Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: AUTORITE NT\Système Computer: BigBrother Description: La gestion des pilotes a terminé le processus d’ajout du service amdkmdag pour l’ID d’instance de périphérique PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_30311682&REV_00\4&932E434&0&0018 avec le statut suivant : 0.[/quote] atikmdag.sys ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver) AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download
    Get from OEM for laptops

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Many BSOD since Creator update? - Similar Threads - Many BSOD since

2. Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.: what do you use to stream? shadowplay? if so.. turn it off and see how your game runs.
  3. Text Size Since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Size Since Creators Update: Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size, bold, etc and icon size. DPI settings change the text size but also adjust the icons which are already the correct size....
  4. Since Creators Update Game DVR is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since Creators Update Game DVR is not working anymore: Since Creators Update Game DVR is not working anymore. Before update i moved Captures folder to partition "E:". Now when i click to turn DVr on it come back automatically to off. If i go "open DVR folder location" it just opens nothing. In Xbox app in Game DVR tab it says...
  5. Defender Scheduled Tasks Not Running Since Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Scheduled Tasks Not Running Since Creators Update: Like the title says. The top task I manually ran and then stopped it. I do get a quick scan to run based on a separate task. Other computers not updated to Creators all run these tasks daily as this one did prior to the update. They are listed as running in services. 86230
  6. AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?

in Browsers and Email
    AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?: Hello, I remember before the Fall Creators Update, Edge would autofill certain pages addresses that I visited before when I start typing a word of the subject that the page is discussing (thus not necessarily the address itself). This does not seem to work anymore...
  7. Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM: Hey all, I have been having this problem and it's not my first time but I'd like to see if I can resolve it. Since upgrading to the creators update I have been having random BSOD crashes throughout the day. I have checked individual RAM sticks and it is exactly the same...
  8. Many Creators Upgrade Problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Creators Upgrade Problems?: There are a plethora of problems reported across the forum following people 'upgrading' to the Creators version. It seems there are more problems than usual.I'm deferring my upgrade as usual to avoid being a guinea pig. 81732
  9. Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug with shortcut tiles since Fall Creators Update: Hello, Since the Fall Creators Update I have noticed that after uninstalling any software, the corresponding shortcut tiles in the Start Menu would still stay there but with a weird name title and without an icon. This happens when I uninstall any Windows Store apps as...
  10. Blurry text since Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text since Creators Update.: I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works. The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all programs are blurry. Even MS own built in programs. The issue is the Segoe UI font. Example if I change the font to a program to...