Windows 10: Maximized windows don't fit screen.

Discus and support Maximized windows don't fit screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Screenshot here. Just installed Windows 10 on a new SSD, and all maximized window borders don't reach where they're supposed to. As you can see,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 794, Mar 2, 2016.

1. 794
    794 Win User

Maximized windows don't fit screen.

Screenshot here.

Just installed Windows 10 on a new SSD, and all maximized window borders don't reach where they're supposed to.

As you can see, the top border makes contact but the left, right, and bottom borders do not. Every window I've tried has done this except for, for some reason, Steam. Even the standard Explorer windows do this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Another annoying issue: In Windows 7 and 8, you could click and drag the top of a maximized window, and it would automatically shrink and allow you to move it around. In Windows 10, the only way I can move a maximized window is if I restore down it first, then move it and re-maximize it. It was because I had Aero Snap disabled. The fact that they gave this a special title gave me the idea it would be more annoying than normal, so I disabled it. Either way, at least this part is fixed.

:)

2. Movies don't fit in screen.

So all other parts of the screen are in normal view? Like, the clock or edges of the regular windows desktop (like the X button of a maximized program) all fit in view normally?

I don't suppose you could share a screengrab of what you're seeing?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 2, 2016
  3. dclove Win User
    Movies don't fit in screen.

What's a "screengrab and x "?

And yes, I think the forementioned in your reply works ok.

Problem: Pictures are too big in monitor screen.

That's it.

dclove, Mar 2, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

What graphics card are you using? Could be a driver issue causing the Windows to have the borders.

My computer is fine.

Have you also tried a different resolution on your screen?

lmaneke, Mar 2, 2016
  5. 794
    794 Win User
    I'm using two GTX 780s in SLI, my resolution is 5760x1080, and my drivers are the most recent drivers for Windows 10.

Needless to say, it's not a graphics card or driver problem.

6. tayguerr Win User
    Hello, I have registered because I am having the same issue. Have you managed to fix it?

I suppose it's nice to know a fresh OS install might not fix it, since that's where I was headed next. I'm using an R9 390 running at 2560x1080 resolution, but it happens in 1920x1080 as well.

Thanks

tayguerr, Mar 12, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Mar 12, 2016
  8. tayguerr Win User

I have tablet mode turned off. But I'll note that it still occurs while in tablet mode. Actually, the problem is even worse in tablet mode, because I am unable to close a program. Here are some images in both tablet and non-tablet mode.

Maximized windows don't fit screen. [​IMG]

tablet mode off

Maximized windows don't fit screen. [​IMG]

tablet mode on

tayguerr, Mar 12, 2016
  9. tayguerr Win User
    I did a bit more investigating and discovered that it seems to happen mostly after the monitor wakes from automatic shut off.

I also noticed that we're both running ultra-wide resolutions. Do you think that could be part of the issue?

tayguerr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Maximized windows don't fit screen. - Similar Threads - Maximized don't fit

2. got a Lenovo Laptop windows 11 app windows don't fit screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    got a Lenovo Laptop windows 11 app windows don't fit screen: got a Lenovo Laptop windows 11, most app windows don't fit screen format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-lenovo-laptop-windows-11-app-windows-dont/0e16b70b-762e-4e03-a421-6455a6bebcff
  3. got a Lenovo Laptop windows 11 app windows don't fit screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    got a Lenovo Laptop windows 11 app windows don't fit screen: got a Lenovo Laptop windows 11, most app windows don't fit screen format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-lenovo-laptop-windows-11-app-windows-dont/0e16b70b-762e-4e03-a421-6455a6bebcff
  4. fitting screen to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  5. Page not fitting screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Page not fitting screen.: Hi, Following a crash I've reinstalled Windows and everything seems OK with one exception. On a couple of websites I can see just the left side of the page and have to move the slider bar over to the right to read the part of the that's not in view. I've tried all that I can...
  6. Screen not fitting to display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen not fitting to display: My screen does not fit to my display! I have checked all settings and done everything to fix it but nothing works! Im now completely irritated with this and I can't let it go! Has anyone had this? Where nothings worked? Acer predator xb27b monitor. Someone help!!! Lol...
  7. maximized windows don't cover the whole screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    maximized windows don't cover the whole screen: [ATTACH] Some days ago I noticed that while looking at the right side of my screen, there is a small portion of my desktop, about 1 or 2 pixels wide, showing, even if the windows are completely maximized, did anybody have a similar problem, or does anyone know how to solve...
  8. Window will not fit screen

Window will not fit screen: I am using a pc splitter, splitting 2 tv's, as my monitors , When I did this my original samsung tv now will not let me fit the window on the left side of screen, leaving right side off and unable to see. Will not let me do anything to use this left side. What can I do to...
  9. Taskbar popup tabs don't fit the screen -- how to scroll them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar popup tabs don't fit the screen -- how to scroll them?: Guys I just gave in and upgraded my Windows 10 desktop/workstation. The winver gives me 1903, build 18362.239. This desktop has multiple monitors and I'm using VMWare to open multiple OS's in a second screen (the one on the right). Here's the screenshot (otherwise it's hard...
  10. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit): Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screens do not fit to screen when maximized