Windows 10: Me bins gone

Discus and support Me bins gone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On one of my W10 upgrades, the Recycle Bin icon has vanished. I can put unwanted files into the bin using "delete" and the box with "delete file" opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Oct 29, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Me bins gone

On one of my W10 upgrades, the Recycle Bin icon has vanished. I can put unwanted files into the bin using "delete" and the box with "delete file" opens up until I delete or cancel.
    I have looked everywhere.
    The pc is running W10pro 64 1607 14393.351
    It is up to date, KB3199986 and KB3197954 are on it.
    The icon went missing before the updated KB's.

:)

tinmar49, Oct 29, 2016

2. windows 10 update

ALL my documents are gone, from an automatic Windows 10 update. The Recycle Bin is Empty. There are no disabled administrators, no administrators besides me. HELP please.

howiefeinstein, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Recycle Bin gone

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the help article below to show the recycle bin in the desktop and check if it helps.

Show or hide the Recycle Bin

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 29, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Me bins gone

Brink, Oct 29, 2016
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    Thanks Brink, I got it back using the settings method.
    If I opened "This PC" and then "up to desktop", the icon was there, but right clicking it would not "pin to start".

tinmar49, Oct 29, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. *Party

You should be able to Pin to Start from the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop.

Brink, Oct 29, 2016
  7. tinmar49 Win User
    In this instance, it didn't work, also, I have no idea why it disappeared in the first place. I have had a bin since 97 with Microsoft and I think there was something similar with the Atari ST and the 800XL before that.

tinmar49, Oct 29, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Me bins gone

Are you able to "Pin to Start" other items without issue?

Just to confirm, when you right click on the Recycle Bin desktop icon, do you have a "Pin to Start" option? When you click on "Pin to Start", it's not getting pinned to Start?

Brink, Oct 29, 2016
  9. tinmar49 Win User
    Yes, I successfully pinned "homegroup" to the start. Also, right clicking on the Recycle Bin "pin to start" worked.

tinmar49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Me bins gone

1. Me bins gone - Similar Threads - bins gone

2. Bin files keep opening in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bin files keep opening in internet explorer: How do I get them to open in a new location? submitted by /u/NSipe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cd4lip/bin_files_keep_opening_in_internet_explorer/
  3. Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin: Hi! I have installed the TLA+ Toolbox https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/download/v1.7.1/TLAToolbox-1.7.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. It results however in the OneDrive automatically deleting related and unrelated files. It has occurred on three windows laptops when the...
  4. Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin: Hi! I have installed the TLA+ Toolbox https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/download/v1.7.1/TLAToolbox-1.7.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. It results however in the OneDrive automatically deleting related and unrelated files. It has occurred on three windows laptops when the...
  5. Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?: I was trying to clean up my Desktop and deleted an important file by accident. I didn't notice this immediately, so I emptied the Recycle Bin after deleting the rest of the files on my Desktop. Once I realized what happened I confirmed that the Recycle Bin had indeed been...
  6. Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?

Accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the Recycle Bin. How to recover?: I was trying to clean up my Desktop and deleted an important file by accident. I didn't notice this immediately, so I emptied the Recycle Bin after deleting the rest of the files on my Desktop. Once I realized what happened I confirmed that the Recycle Bin had indeed been...
  7. Open .BIN file @ Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open .BIN file @ Win 11: I'm attempting to update my Samsung soundbar firmware using downloaded file HMS-Q600CWWO-1010.5.BIN, which I cannot open. Per Samsung's instructions: 'Unzip the downloaded upgrade file and copy the *.bin file to the root directory of the USBdrive'. I'm having no luck with...
  8. Open .BIN file @ Win 11

Open .BIN file @ Win 11: I'm attempting to update my Samsung soundbar firmware using downloaded file HMS-Q600CWWO-1010.5.BIN, which I cannot open. Per Samsung's instructions: 'Unzip the downloaded upgrade file and copy the *.bin file to the root directory of the USBdrive'. I'm having no luck with...
  9. I deleted my Snipping tool, it is not in my recycle bin, it is completely gone, please...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I deleted my Snipping tool, it is not in my recycle bin, it is completely gone, please...: I deleted my Snipping tool, it is not in my recycle bin, it is completely gone, please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-my-snipping-tool-it-is-not-in-my-recycle/f5ec4f95-1fbc-4a52-af78-7f7197b7b5e5
  10. Can't open my recycle bin from search menu and all my data in it is gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open my recycle bin from search menu and all my data in it is gone.: I don't keep any icons on my desk top so I always open my recycle bin with the search menu. I know this is rather unethical but I usually keep some projects in my recycle bin and restore them when I need to - I know not the brightest idea but that's just a bad habit that I...