Windows 10: media card not regestering on new laptop

Discus and support media card not regestering on new laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; media card not register on new laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alexanderfp, May 3, 2020.

1. media card not regestering on new laptop

media card not register on new laptop?

:)

alexanderfp, May 3, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 3, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, May 3, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

media card not regestering on new laptop

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, May 3, 2020
Thema:

media card not regestering on new laptop

1. media card not regestering on new laptop - Similar Threads - media card regestering

2. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  3. new card #

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new card #: How do I update new card # ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-card/e8b3f6fe-b8b4-42a6-b753-50e05e68aba2
  4. new card #

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new card #: How do I update new card # ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-card/e8b3f6fe-b8b4-42a6-b753-50e05e68aba2
  5. new card #

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. New Graphics Card

New Graphics Card: I recently installed a GTX 1050 TI card. When I turned on my PC, the screen was brighter then normal. It's not a big issue, but it's definitely annoying. I tried adjusting the settings on my monitor, calibrating the color, and everything else I could find. I'd really...
  7. Disk Drive not regestering

Disk Drive not regestering: on a recent update, I lost my disk drive. it's got some important data on it. my set up is like this... 1TB drive split into two partitions. Seagate1_2TB(C:) and Seagate3_2TB(D:). The drive is split in this manner, C: 1842.55 GB NTFS, D: 17.87 GB NTFS. C: is healthy and...
  8. Media Card Reader not working

Media Card Reader not working: Since updating my device from Windows 7 to Win10, I've not been able to utilise my media card reader. It never seems to recognise when a media card has been inserted. I have a HP Pavillion Media Centre PC which i have updated a few things on before upgrading to Win10. I...
  9. New graphics card

New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  10. New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Graphics Card: Hi,I have just ordered the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5 Special Edition and was wondering if it will work on my motherboard as it says the card uses the UEFI BIOS and my BIOS is an old Legacy BIOS (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev. 1.2)?Thanks, if it won't work which GPU would...