Windows 10: media cration tool no good, does not work for upgrade feature or ISO !

Discus and support media cration tool no good, does not work for upgrade feature or ISO ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; for the past three days I have tried to upgrade my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro x64 using the media creation tool directly downloaded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bill huff, May 13, 2019.

1. bill huff Win User

media cration tool no good, does not work for upgrade feature or ISO !

for the past three days I have tried to upgrade my windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro x64 using the media creation tool directly downloaded from Microsoft. I have tried it both ways; burning the iso to disk , and selecting upgrade this pc . neither of which worked anytime. the upgrade this pc features started fine, and then ran for 9 hours straight and never downloaded one file . Same result using the ISO disk, ran for hours saying downloading windows 10,and never copied 1 file of any kind. I have never had a problem upgrading any pc from windows 7 or 8;8.1 x86 or x64 before this on any computer that was upgradeable. I also have 2 operating system discs for windows 10 both 32 and 64 bit that I purchased from Staples when I bought a new computer to upgrade it to 10 from 7 and 8.1. they do the same ,run for hours without downloading a single file .

What gives here? ran the windows 10 upgrade advisor and the results were this unit is more than able to run windows 10,there were no files that were to be erased, and none that would need to be re-downloaded and re-installed. So, I am at a loss to understand what the problem is . does anyone have the answer/fix for this issue ?

:)

bill huff, May 13, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

media creation tool

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• From which version of Windows are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Does the computer meets the minimum system requirement to upgrade to Windows 10?
    • When exactly do you get the purple windows icon?
    I suggest you to create another USB bootable media using the ISO and then try to upgrade to Windows 10. Refer to the following links:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Also see:
    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. media cration tool no good, does not work for upgrade feature or ISO ! - Similar Threads - media cration tool

2. Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work: I have Win 10 Pro 20H2 19042.906 installed, and I am trying to use the Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 .iso file. The tool progresses to the point where it shows "Downloading Windows 10", but the progress remains at 0%. I've tried several times, saving both the...
  3. does the media tool allow upgrade

does the media tool allow upgrade: The media tool will do a fresh install of windows 10. But if someone only wants to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10, does it do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-media-tool-allow-upgrade/d132c67d-c641-4991-932b-bdbe4aff504a
  4. media tool iso file

media tool iso file: already down load media creation tool and ISO fil were are they at and how u put them together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-iso-file/96022d74-e1ee-4dca-aed3-c9044e878383
  5. Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso

Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso: Hello, i've been looking for help a long time a go, thank god i found this forum. Here is the problem, im trying to use the media creation tool to download the W10 iso, boot from a dvd and do a clean install, deleting all my data. But the media creation tool seems to...
  6. Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?

Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?: My windows 10 machine fails to install the anniversary update and overall is a lot less stable from when the same machine was running Windows 7. Most of the time coming out of sleep mode fails where as on Win 7 I never had this issue. Anyways I want to do a fresh...
  7. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  8. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  9. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...
  10. Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade.

Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade.: I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to successfully upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. But now I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the same PC. So I ran the Media Creation Tool again but this time I chose the option to create media. I selected...