Windows 10: Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso

Discus and support Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i've been looking for help a long time a go, thank god i found this forum. Here is the problem, im trying to use the media creation tool to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mcsquared, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Mcsquared Win User

Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso

Hello, i've been looking for help a long time a go, thank god i found this forum.

Here is the problem, im trying to use the media creation tool to download the W10 iso, boot from a dvd and do a clean install, deleting all my data.

But the media creation tool seems to not be downloading a thing. for exalmple, i setup /Desktop as the download folder, but when it finishes, there is nothing downloaded. i've tried refreshing and a lot of stuff, but there is nothing. and it gets even worst.

Look at this sreenshots:

Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso [​IMG]

The file doesnt even allows to get deleted, it says it does not exist. The same to any change i try to do to the file.

I've tried lots of times, and lots of things. I dont know that to do, i really need to clean-up my pc, the same things happens when i try to download it to a usb flash drive.

I hope somebody can help me, if you need more screens, info, whatever you need to know what the f** is happening.
    Regards.

:)

Mcsquared, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 update stops

Just directly download the ISO from Media creation Tool or by Techbench website and do a Inplace upgrade.

Media creation Tool and Techbench are both updated with Version 1511.

The Techbench provides ISO's, so does the media creation Tool.You have both of the options, try anyone of these.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Or Media Creation Tool:

Download Windows 10

Detailed steps:

Download Windows 10 ISO File

The size of the update through Windows update and ISO are nearly the same.

HTH

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Get windows 10 app

The method you are advocating is still using the Media Creation Tool, if they have not already used it to download the ISO.

The way posters get the ISO is through the Media Creation Tool.

And your linked method uses the same Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO.

This is the download webpage in your link:

Download Windows 10

Click on either of the download link there, 32 or 64bit and you get the option to download the Media Creation Tool.

From here on in your link involves using the Media Creation Tool.

Note: If for some reason you don't have the Windows 10 ISO downloaded already, you can download the Windows 10 ISO's directly from Microsoft using the link below.

The download link is the same as what I give.

Find the media creation tool on the
    Software download page

Bill Smithers, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Borg 386, Jul 30, 2015
  5. mine does the same. puts a couple of folders up, win bt / ws then stops

noelbeth55, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Mcsquared Win User
    So no fix at all? I really need to clean-up my pc.

Mcsquared, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Try uninstalling Daemon Tools then try the MediaCreationTool again. Put it on the Desktop to run it.

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

Have you tried downloading to somewhere other than the Windows Desktop?

Incidentally, it's possible to do a clean install with the free upgrade, but it's a little awkward.

You have to first install the upgrade over an installed and activated qualifying OS (Win 7 SP1 or 8.1) I believe that you must use the default, which is to keep everything. Then let it activate.

You may then use the upgrade to clean install on the same hardware. You won't get a Win 10 key, but you can skip it in the clean install and Win 10 will install and activate.

Good luck.

bobkn, Jul 31, 2015
  9. well mine has sorted itself as i now have the icon on the taskbar. i wait with anticipation

noelbeth55, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso - Similar Threads - Media creation tool

2. verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool: HelloHow can I verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool ?Is there a checksum list on microsoft website?thanks for your advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-the-iso-file-downloaded-by-media-creation/fd64da3b-c9e7-490c-96b3-9e9112912fdf
  3. verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool: HelloHow can I verify the ISO file downloaded by media creation tool ?Is there a checksum list on microsoft website?thanks for your advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-the-iso-file-downloaded-by-media-creation/fd64da3b-c9e7-490c-96b3-9e9112912fdf
  4. Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where to download windows 10 iso not media creation tool: I had windows 8 back in the day... there was a period when microsoft offered windows 10 pro upgrade free , which i took...The thing is , my copy of windows 10 had a boot file problem so I thought i'd download the media creation tool on my old xp machine , i dusted of the xp...
  5. Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO

Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO: Hello, I'm trying to download the Windows 10 ISO for school however whenever I try the download stays stuck at 0%. I have tried a few fixes and not have worked. The link to the fixes I have tried is posted here. Some of the things he says to do seem to be inaccurate with...
  6. Does Media Creation Tool download updates?

Does Media Creation Tool download updates?: I just created a bootable USB with the media creation tool and I'm wondering if it includes the most recent updates, or do I have to download them afterwards? 56113
  7. Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool

Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool: Hi there I downloaded the ISO using Ms's creation tool -- I selected create ISO. After the download it prompted me to burn to a DVD -- I didn't want that because I was going to use rufus to create a number of USB sticks so I exited the program. Now I can't find the...
  8. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...