Windows 10: Media drivers not connected.

Discus and support Media drivers not connected. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had the following problem since I downloaded the upgrade 1089 to my computer (s). I cannot get on the internet or use wi-fi on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeanMarieWatts, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Media drivers not connected.

I have had the following problem since I downloaded the upgrade 1089 to my computer (s). I cannot get on the internet or use wi-fi on my computer. Before this upgrade I did not have this problem. How do I fix it. I get a clear message that my media is disconnected, but no one seems to know how to fix it. Please look at the list below and explain how I reconnect my media (all)?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17763.379]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>netsh winsock reset

Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog.

You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset.

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /release

Windows IP Configuration

No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 1 while it has its media disconnected.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e577:1246:b6b2:fb38%13

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /renew

Windows IP Configuration

No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 1 while it has its media disconnected.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e577:1246:b6b2:fb38%13

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.7

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

C:\Windows\system32>

Thanks!!

JeanMarie

:)

JeanMarieWatts, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Media player is not properly running the display shows only half screen.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

Let’s try the following steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run Windows Media Player settings troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player settings troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Windows Media Player settings troubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Media Player settings.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers and expand it.
      • Right click on the driver and select Update driver.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Media drivers not connected.

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Media drivers not connected.

1. Media drivers not connected. - Similar Threads - Media drivers connected

2. Boot loop no media drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop no media drivers: Running an ASUS 701G series laptop, having a boot loop issue with a "no media drivers found" error prompt. Attempting to use media creation tools via USB 3.0 and the predecessor usb, I believe it's called 2.0?.?. I do have access to my bios and the ability to change settings,...
  3. Media driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media driver error: I'm trying to go back to windows from Linux Ubuntu distro. And I ran into this media driver error as on the screenshot. I downloaded drivers from this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28992/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver...
  4. Media Drivers missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Drivers missing: Im curently running ubuntu and want to setup a dual boot with windows. Upon trying to install the windows installer says im missing drivers for my computer. I tried putting my cpu/gpu driver with it but it doesnt seem to care. My biggest problem is I want to know what drivers...
  5. Media Disconnected & Missing Drivers

Media Disconnected & Missing Drivers: Currently, I am using my HP laptop with the most updated version of Windows 10. I have been having internet issues with blank pages, waiting for websites, and timing out of connections. I had decided to pull up my IP Configuration and noticed 4 separate network drivers with...
  6. The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver

The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver: Hello everyone, I have an issue with Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver. After an update to this driver last week my build-in microphone has stopped working. When I rolled it back to previous version, my mic worked properly until second update yesterday. Was absolutely...
  7. Missing media drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing media drivers: I’m currently trying to install windows 10 onto my new gaming pc but missing media drivers keeps popping up.i have tried all The common fixes off google but nothing is working,please help Specs are Ryzen 5 2600 Radeon rx570 graphics card Asrock b450m pro4-f mobo submitted...
  8. Media Driver Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Driver Missing: Right off the bat, I'm on Linux Mint, trying to install windows again for a dual boot. I've already made sure the ISO is no corrupted, (downloaded twice, built a VM with both, even tried windows 8, all have the same problem) I've tried the unplug half way through method,...
  9. Connected (No Media) and bluetooth

Connected (No Media) and bluetooth: I am trying to connect my Zolo Liberty Wireless headphones to my Android phone, and I keep getting the message "Connected (No Media). The sound then comes straight from my phone's speaker. I have looked online, which indicated my headphones were pairing to another device. The...
  10. Media Transfer driver update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Transfer driver update: Microsoft update to solve Media Transfer Protocol driver problem KB 4017100 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/4017100 80476