Windows 10: Media Streaming Failed To Start Win 10

Discus and support Media Streaming Failed To Start Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New build windows 10 home. Working towards getting my home network up and running; second unit is a windows 10 laptop and I also have a hard wired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alanbessey, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Media Streaming Failed To Start Win 10

New build windows 10 home. Working towards getting my home network up and running; second unit is a windows 10 laptop and I also have a hard wired media player.

Laptop MEDIA STREAMING turned on just fine and sees media player; new build wont turn on MEDIA STREAMING. I get message "network sharing service failed to start". Searched around and checked some of the Group Policy Setting but still no luck.

Ideas would be appreciated. Almost there!!

:)

alanbessey, Sep 8, 2018
  2. donkey Win User

Media streaming problems

Since I got the upgrade to Windows 10, Media player has been at best quirky at worse totally useless. Originally I could stream media to my televisions but any editing I did in media player was not reflected in the DLNA client on the TV, for example genres that had been deleted or changed still appeared in the list. I tried deleting the media player database with no change, I reinstalled media player and now I cant stream anything at all. The server shows up on my TV with the proper categories but the list is always empty. I have turned on streaming, shared the files and added them to the media player database. Since the primary reason for this PC is to stream media to TVs in my house I am very disappointed, is there anyone who might have another idea that I haven't tried ?

donkey, Sep 8, 2018
  3. w-green Win User
    media streaming will not turn on

I need to turn on media streaming so that my camera can send photos to my PC using the home wireless network. (The camera maker's software tries to turn on media streaming itself as part of the install process, but the install fails because media streaming
    could not be turned on. So I'm trying to turn on media streaming manually.)

What happens when I try to turn media streaming on:

• In admin account, I open the "Media steaming options" settings, which says "Media streaming is not turned on". The OK button at the bottom of the dialog is grayed out.
    • I click the button that says "Turn on media streaming".
    • The cursor turns into a blue donut that spins momentarily as if waiting while something is happening. Then it goes back to being a regular cursor.
    • The button still says "Turn on media streaming". The settings dialog still says "Media streaming is not turned on". The dialog's OK button is still grayed out. In other words, it did not turn on.

System:

Windows 10 Home (64-bit) on Dell 660s. Security software at the moment is only Windows Defender + Firewall (default settings). This PC was originally running Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10 about two months ago. Media streaming
    DID work until the upgrade to Windows 10, so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

What I've tried so far, with no success:

• Going to %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player and deleting the
      .wmdb files.
    • Opening Windows Media Player and selecting Stream -> Automatically allow devices to play my media.
    • Running services.msc and making sure that the settings are
      as shown in #3 here
    • Running services.msc and verifying that Windows Search Indexing is enabled (set to Automatic).
    • Doing a
      clean boot
      and trying to turn on media streaming.
    • Removing Windows Media Player from Windows (via option 1 as shown here), rebooting, and reinstalling it.
    • Installing Dell SupportAssist and having it look for/install updated drivers.
    • Having Dell SupportAssist run a hardware checkup (no problems found).
    • Running various troubleshooters built into Windows 10 (no problems found).
    • Creating a HomeGroup and setting this PC to share pictures.
    • Creating a new Windows user account and trying to turn on media streaming from within that account.
    • From inside settings, "Reset this PC" to reinstall Windows. Then, doing 1-11 again.
    • Saying "pleeeeeeeeeeease" to my computer.

w-green, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Media Streaming Failed To Start Win 10

Windows 10 Media Server/Streaming doesn't work.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest to turn on the IIS feature from Program and features.

Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel
    • Program and Features
    • Turn windows features On or Off
    • Find Internet information services and click on it. Let the services start.
    Now check if you are able to stream.

Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Media Streaming Failed To Start Win 10

1. Media Streaming Failed To Start Win 10 - Similar Threads - Media Streaming Failed

2. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  3. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  4. media streaming

media streaming: I have a new desktop computer with c and d drives. the c drive has all the programs and d drive has all the data incl music files. my tv does not see the d drive, how do I change this. both are connected to wifi and I am trying to steam files over wifi....
  5. Media streaming

Media streaming: What is needed to stream mp4s from network PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming/51008635-ebc2-45b5-93c8-cf0e66ea51dc
  6. Media Streaming Not Starting after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Streaming Not Starting after reboot: Hi , My media streaming service does not start after a reboot, In Services it is set to automatic and the fire wall is set ok. Hope someone can help. Windows 10 is updated to latest version. Kind Regards Chris...
  7. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: what is media streaming? Is it safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-streaming/bb50cfc2-26b2-439c-affc-b177caa73d28
  8. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  9. Live Streaming for Window media player at win 10

Live Streaming for Window media player at win 10: I can't get the live streaming for Window media player at win 10. please help, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/live-streaming-for-window-media-player-at-win-10/53efe0ab-fb05-443b-90a0-7a8e1a430ece
  10. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media streaming failed to start

2. media streaming service failed to start