Windows 10: Merged user accounts!

Discus and support Merged user accounts! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Two of us use Windows 10. Recently our two accounts seem to have become linked in some way - eg our Word documents will appear on each others list of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RufusStran, May 10, 2019.

1. Merged user accounts!

Two of us use Windows 10. Recently our two accounts seem to have become linked in some way - eg our Word documents will appear on each others list of documents or our desk top pictures appear on the other one's desktop. How can we unmerge??

:)

RufusStran, May 10, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

3. chideock Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, May 10, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Merged user accounts!

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Merged user accounts!

1. Merged user accounts! - Similar Threads - Merged user accounts

2. Merging 2 Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merging 2 Microsoft accounts: Hi, I have two Microsoft accounts and I have Minecraft wndows 10 edition on this one but my main one does not. I would like to merge the two accounts, however, just transferring MC onto the other one is fine...
  3. Merge Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merge Accounts: I just bought a new laptop and did not realize that on my former laptop, my Microsoft account was linked to a different email. Thus, when I was setting up my new laptop, I used the email that I thought I had used, but now I have two separate Microsoft Accounts. What I need to...
  4. To be merged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To be merged: Split from this thread. Hello Greg please I need your help. I have an issue with my drive. My computer is not able to boot to desktop so I placed a new hard drive in it and install a new OS after installtion when i tried opening the drive from disk management I am told I...
  5. Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account

Configuring/Merging Superfluous Account: So, Have this issue that should be resolvable with a simple SQL DELETE statement, but wanted to find out how possible this may be. A while back someone created a Live Account. Then that email became defunct. At the time, in their less than knowledgeable wisdom, they had...
  6. Merging two account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merging two account: Hi i searched but i codun't find the answer. I got two accounts one through my mail one through my phone number. And every time i try to merge them it says "there is another account with that mail" or something similar. So how can i merge account which is resisted on my...
  7. Accidentally merged User and Documents folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally merged User and Documents folders: Hello, I was moving some files around on my hard drive and I accidentally merged my User folder with my Documents folder. So in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I see C:\Users\Documents. Seen below: [ATTACH] I have looked through a few different...
  8. Merge microsoft account purchases?

Merge microsoft account purchases?: Bit of an odd situation here, a while back for reasons I've forgotten, I ended up purchasing games (forza games on windows 10) on one dummy microsoft account and playing them on another which had my proper gamertag, stats, etc. Now although this works, it's gotten to be quite...
  9. Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them: On my portable I have a local acct (administrator) and a MS acct (not administrator) users. I am the only user of this computer, a personal computer. I use the local acct 98% of the time. Is there a method to have the 2 accts synced(mirrored) so that MS acct has everything...
  10. Merging .reg files as standard user

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging .reg files as standard user: I want to add run as admin to the context menu to be able to merge a couple of .reg files into the registry when i right click on them, i downloaded Brinks 2 reg files to do this but they require admin privleges *Mad and run as admin does not show up in the context menu when...