Windows 10: Merging MS Accounts

Discus and support Merging MS Accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have found myself, without realising it, that have 3 MS Accounts and it is driving me to desperation as I never seem to get anywhere with any of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeilMeston, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Merging MS Accounts

I have found myself, without realising it, that have 3 MS Accounts and it is driving me to desperation as I never seem to get anywhere with any of them. I simply want to manage all my MS stuff from one account. My original account had an email address which cannot be used anymore. I seemed to have 2 subscriptions running and have purchased W 10 on at least 2 occasions without realising it. Can amnyone including MS staff help me out of this mess PLEASE !

:)

NeilMeston, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Nov 2, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Merging MS Accounts

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Merging MS Accounts

1. Merging MS Accounts - Similar Threads - Merging Accounts

2. How to merge two accounts, both contain licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to merge two accounts, both contain licenses: I have two Microsoft accounts. Both are base on Gmail email addresses although one has a custom domain. In one account I have my Windows 11 Pro retail license, in the other one I have my Office & Outlook 2019 Home licenses. How can I merge the two accounts or transfer the...
  3. How to merge two accounts, both contain licenses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to merge two accounts, both contain licenses: I have two Microsoft accounts. Both are base on Gmail email addresses although one has a custom domain. In one account I have my Windows 11 Pro retail license, in the other one I have my Office & Outlook 2019 Home licenses. How can I merge the two accounts or transfer the...
  4. I want to merge 2 accounts on my windows laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to merge 2 accounts on my windows laptop.: I had made 2 accounts in my windows 11 Dev Channel, Build 26058 laptop - Local and Admin. I want to merge my local account into the admin account including apps, browser settings, files, everything...
  5. I want to merge 2 accounts on my windows laptop.

I want to merge 2 accounts on my windows laptop.: I had made 2 accounts in my windows 11 Dev Channel, Build 26058 laptop - Local and Admin. I want to merge my local account into the admin account including apps, browser settings, files, everything...
  6. everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...: Tried the inPrivate browsing mode, deleted the account and initiated the account linking process, still doesnt work. Confirmed the academics verification received via mail from Microsoft and then re-initiated the merge with personal account, still doesnt work Need help...
  7. everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...

everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...: Tried the inPrivate browsing mode, deleted the account and initiated the account linking process, still doesnt work. Confirmed the academics verification received via mail from Microsoft and then re-initiated the merge with personal account, still doesnt work Need help...
  8. i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.: i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-accounts-i-need-to-merge-the-accounts/301f8860-0fd6-40de-a6c9-1c80839a680c
  9. i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.

i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.: i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-accounts-i-need-to-merge-the-accounts/301f8860-0fd6-40de-a6c9-1c80839a680c
  10. i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. merge two microsoft account