Windows 10: Merging two user accounts

Discus and support Merging two user accounts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently got a new computer, today I noticed that I have two user accounts, one by my email and one by my first name. The files shown on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SoniaLA, Nov 4, 2019.

1. SoniaLA Win User

Merging two user accounts

I recently got a new computer, today I noticed that I have two user accounts, one by my email and one by my first name. The files shown on my desktop appear to be identical. How can I merge these accounts? I am afraid to delete one because I'm not sure if everything is there.

:)

SoniaLA, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Nov 4, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Merging two user accounts

Merge accounts

You cannot merge accounts but you can move her folders across to your own profile folder, e.g. like so:

1. Create this folder: C:\Users\Annette\NameOfDaughter
    2. Move C:\Users\Daughter\Documents -> C:\Users\Annette\NameOfDaughter
    3. Same with Music, Pictures etc.

Frederik Long, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Merging two user accounts

1. Merging two user accounts - Similar Threads - Merging user accounts

2. Can I merge two Microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I merge two Microsoft accounts?: I have multiple Microsoft accounts under various email addresses. As a result, I can't "add email" to the account I want to use. Do I have to close the account with the email address I don't use and wait 60 days before I add it to the account for the email I do use? Or is...
  3. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  4. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  5. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  6. I want to merge two Microsoft accounts.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to merge two Microsoft accounts.: When I try using my second email as an alias, I am getting a message that the email is already in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-merge-two-microsoft-accounts/edc4142b-7bcc-4653-88cc-59878797bf08
  7. Merging two Microsoft accounts.

Merging two Microsoft accounts.: Hi, I was wondering if that's possible to merge my two Microsoft accounts. What I mean is: I want to have all bought history on my new account, achievements Insider status, and I am doing that because i am receiving a lot of spams on my old account - I can't stand this. If...
  8. Merge User accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merge User accounts: Hi, I see only 1 userapart from default user on my laptop in system properties/user profiles. However under C/Users I see another userapart from default and public. The 2nd user is my user name from my prior laptop. I would like to merge the 2nd prior laptop user into the...
  9. Merged user accounts!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Merged user accounts!: Two of us use Windows 10. Recently our two accounts seem to have become linked in some way - eg our Word documents will appear on each others list of documents or our desk top pictures appear on the other one's desktop. How can we unmerge?? 132348
  10. Merging two account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merging two account: Hi i searched but i codun't find the answer. I got two accounts one through my mail one through my phone number. And every time i try to merge them it says "there is another account with that mail" or something similar. So how can i merge account which is resisted on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. merging two windows 10 users