Windows 10: Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

Discus and support Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blaughon, Aug 31, 2015.

1. blaughon Win User

Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space.

How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD.

When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is grayed.

Thanks

:)

blaughon, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Gocanaroj Win User

Can't re-allocate unallocated space from deleted partition

I tried the link you recommended, but didn't find any solution to my problem.

Most of them were suggesting different 3rd party programs for the problem I'm having, but it seems like the unallocated space I want to merge has to be directly adjacent to the space I want to merge it to. Is there any way around this?

As you can see by the image, there's a 858MB space for Recovery that is between my primary partition and the unallocated space I want to merge with. Is there any way to move the 858 space on the other side of the unallocated space so I can merge the two
    that I want to merge?

Thanks.

Gocanaroj, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Disk Management

Hello

I have a problem with Windows 10 disk management.

My 1Tb hybrid hard drive is getting full and I noticed that there is a 20Gb Healthy (Recovery Partition).

After checking some websites I assumed that this had been provided by the OEM (Asus).

I converted it to Unallocated Space and attempted to merge with Healthy (Primary Partition).

The Unallocated Space “disappeared” but there was no increase in size of any other partitions.

How can I recover this Unallocated Space?

Regards

Brian Gledhill

BrianGledhill, Aug 31, 2015
  4. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

ignatzatsonic, Aug 31, 2015
  5. blaughon Win User
    Thank you. That is the best partition management software I have seen.

blaughon, Aug 31, 2015
  6. that new partition that showed up was the windows 10 recovery partition in case you cant boot... now you don't have it... only way to get it back is to reinstall windows 10

icpwolverine, Aug 31, 2015
  7. blaughon Win User
    I could not find anything about the partition and there was nothing in it. Can't I make another recovery disc?

blaughon, Aug 31, 2015
  8. blaughon Win User

I made a recovery disc just after installing windows 10.

blaughon, Aug 31, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    You could remake it if you want Reset Recovery Image - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If you want it on your c:\ drive make a partition just a little bit bigger than the .wim described in the tutorial.

But if you have a recovery disk or you make backups you perhaps don't need it. I deleted mine to save space as I have a bootable Windows 10 USB key anyway.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition - Similar Threads - Merging Unallocated Space

2. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  3. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  4. Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?: Hi, i just want to ask something here and let the picture tell everything.PartisiSo should i merge them my harddisk ? is there any problem if i merge them that allocated D to the unallocated one?...
  5. Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?: Hi, i just want to ask something here and let the picture tell everything.PartisiSo should i merge them my harddisk ? is there any problem if i merge them that allocated D to the unallocated one?...
  6. Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Merge unallocated partition with main partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merge unallocated partition with main partition: Hello volks! I've run into a problem... I cloned my 1tb HDD to a 2tb SSD yesterday. That was successfully completed, however, I'm now left with ~1tb unallocated storage on my cloned SSD. I now want to merge the unallocated storage with the Primary Partition where all the...
  8. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  9. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Support
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  10. merge primary partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merge primary partitions: I have three partitions on this device. I want to merge two of them into one. The partitions are the system restore partition, a Windows 7 boot partition, and a Windows 10 boot partition. [ATTACH] If I select the Windows 7 boot partition ('OS') and try to delete it so...