Windows 10: Message icon on Lockscreen

Discus and support Message icon on Lockscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My opening ‘Lock-screen’ has an icon like a small (squareish) speech bubble with a number 1 underneath, I think it tells me that I have 1 message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeAitch, May 11, 2016.

1. MikeAitch Win User

Message icon on Lockscreen

My opening ‘Lock-screen’ has an icon like a small (squareish) speech bubble with a number 1 underneath, I think it tells me that I have 1 message.

But the thing is, I don’t think I do.

It is similar to the notifications icon in the system tray at the bottom-right (once I’m logged in), but the icon on the lock screen is the same whether I have notifications there or not - and it always says '1' never any other number.

I use Outlook 16 and again, the icon on the lock screen is the same whether I have unread messages in Outlook or not.

I have attached a picture of the icon – for clarity. I would love it if anyone could tell me where my unread message (that is so important it should be on my opening lock-screen) is.

Thanks
    M

:)

MikeAitch, May 11, 2016

2. How to get rid of message notification icon on lockscreen? I have no unread message.

I own a Lumia 610. I have a message notification icon on lockscreen and it won't remove. It looks like a common message icon but it has a wavy line on it. What does it mean? How do I remove it? Please help.

Lemilemlem, May 11, 2016
  3. get rid of voicemail notification

Hot do i get rid of the voicemail notification, i tried calling the Voicemail and there were no messages for me. how do i get rid of this icon on the tile and also the lockscreen ??

srikanth shenoy, May 11, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

That is the messaging icon, like a text message,

Message icon on Lockscreen [​IMG]

Mail is a bit different.

derekimo, May 11, 2016
  5. MikeAitch Win User
    Thanks derekimo, so where is my messaging - once I am logged in? i.e. how do I see my message? and how do I get to the place with the options in your screenshot - I'd like to know how to turn them on and off?

Thanks

M

MikeAitch, May 11, 2016
  6. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, May 11, 2016
  7. MikeAitch Win User
    Thanks for coming back to me, but - now I need a bit of clarification...
    1. notifications were switched off
    2. I had no messages in my messaging app - if fact it just showed me a version of my Skype messages, which I am always on top of anyway - I'm a regular skype user
    3. I don't see the options that you had in your screenshot where you can choose which icons to show on the lock screen - just a switch for notifications on/off

Sorry if I am being dumb/missing something obvious

M

MikeAitch, May 11, 2016
  8. derekimo Win User

Message icon on Lockscreen [​IMG]

I don't know why it's showing that if you don't have any messages and they are turned off.

derekimo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Message icon on Lockscreen - Similar Threads - Message icon Lockscreen

2. "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen: My notebook recently got windows update this afternoon. I remember windows asked about sign in option and I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign...
  3. "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen: My notebook recently got windows update this afternoon. I remember windows asked about sign in option and I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign...
  4. Weird icon on lockscreen, what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird icon on lockscreen, what is it?: hi, One of my windows10 pcs started showing this weird sign near the clock in lock screen.... what is it? how do i remove it? thanks, Gabrio 183379
  5. Issues logging in and wifi icon not showing on lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues logging in and wifi icon not showing on lockscreen: When I got home and booted up my computer I logged in and noticed my wireless wifi adapter didnt work, I took many measures to try and fix this which resulted in a fail and after a reccommended clean boot my password no longer worked and when I press the ”Forgot my password”...
  6. New lockscreen message.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New lockscreen message.: On boot up I've started getting a message in my top left corner of the screen saying 'Do you want to improve your wellbeing in 2021?'. I can only guess it's been put there as part of a Microsoft update. Is there any way to remove it? 172129
  7. How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?: How do I get the magnetifying glass symbol that provides a like to tell me information about the lock screen picture? ***Modified title from: lock scree***...
  8. Missing Lockscreen setting icons and unfunctional spotlight lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Lockscreen setting icons and unfunctional spotlight lockscreen: I'm on Windows 10 pro, version 1607, and I have two problems, both of which I believe may be connected. My lock screen spotlight image does not change every now and then; the lock screen spotlight functionality that changes the lock screen picture once every couple of days...
  9. Lockscreen Icons/Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockscreen Icons/Notifications: Hi there. I find an oddity on my Windows 10 lockcreen. It shows an opened envelope at the bottom left, along with a number that seems to increase. It drives me crazy. Right now it's 99+. In my inbox online there are only 2 messages. There is nothing in any of the other...
  10. New icons on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    New icons on lockscreen: Hi. Have been trying on Windows 10, and I noticed that there is a new icon on the lockscreen (unlike the ones on Windows 8.1). Besides the network icon, there is also another one that looks like a screen, but it has a red x in it. Does that refer to tablet mode, like...