Windows 10: Message icon on Lockscreen

Discus and support Message icon on Lockscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My opening ‘Lock-screen’ has an icon like a small (squareish) speech bubble with a number 1 underneath, I think it tells me that I have 1 message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeAitch, May 11, 2016.

1. MikeAitch Win User

Message icon on Lockscreen

My opening ‘Lock-screen’ has an icon like a small (squareish) speech bubble with a number 1 underneath, I think it tells me that I have 1 message.

But the thing is, I don’t think I do.

It is similar to the notifications icon in the system tray at the bottom-right (once I’m logged in), but the icon on the lock screen is the same whether I have notifications there or not - and it always says '1' never any other number.

I use Outlook 16 and again, the icon on the lock screen is the same whether I have unread messages in Outlook or not.

I have attached a picture of the icon – for clarity. I would love it if anyone could tell me where my unread message (that is so important it should be on my opening lock-screen) is.

Thanks
    M

:)

MikeAitch, May 11, 2016

2. How to get rid of message notification icon on lockscreen? I have no unread message.

I own a Lumia 610. I have a message notification icon on lockscreen and it won't remove. It looks like a common message icon but it has a wavy line on it. What does it mean? How do I remove it? Please help.

Lemilemlem, May 11, 2016
  3. get rid of voicemail notification

Hot do i get rid of the voicemail notification, i tried calling the Voicemail and there were no messages for me. how do i get rid of this icon on the tile and also the lockscreen ??

srikanth shenoy, May 11, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

That is the messaging icon, like a text message,

Message icon on Lockscreen [​IMG]

Mail is a bit different.

derekimo, May 11, 2016
  5. MikeAitch Win User
    Thanks derekimo, so where is my messaging - once I am logged in? i.e. how do I see my message? and how do I get to the place with the options in your screenshot - I'd like to know how to turn them on and off?

Thanks

M

MikeAitch, May 11, 2016
  6. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, May 11, 2016
  7. MikeAitch Win User
    Thanks for coming back to me, but - now I need a bit of clarification...
    1. notifications were switched off
    2. I had no messages in my messaging app - if fact it just showed me a version of my Skype messages, which I am always on top of anyway - I'm a regular skype user
    3. I don't see the options that you had in your screenshot where you can choose which icons to show on the lock screen - just a switch for notifications on/off

Sorry if I am being dumb/missing something obvious

M

MikeAitch, May 11, 2016
  8. derekimo Win User

Message icon on Lockscreen [​IMG]

I don't know why it's showing that if you don't have any messages and they are turned off.

derekimo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Message icon on Lockscreen - Similar Threads - Message icon Lockscreen

2. New lockscreen message.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New lockscreen message.: On boot up I've started getting a message in my top left corner of the screen saying 'Do you want to improve your wellbeing in 2021?'. I can only guess it's been put there as part of a Microsoft update. Is there any way to remove it? 172129
  3. Open envelope icon on W10 lockscreen confusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open envelope icon on W10 lockscreen confusion: This open envelope icon in the lower left of the Lock Screen is only visible when the computer is locked. There is usually a number associated with it, which I'd originally suspected was related to unread or new Outlook emails, but when opening Outlook (which I hardly use)...
  4. lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    lockscreen: I keep trying to change the photo of my lockscreen and it just wont load in any new photo to replace it and i cant change it to a slideshow or windows spotlight it will keep showing the photo i dont want...
  5. lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lockscreen: when ever I sign in to my laptop ,it always required my pin after I put my fingerprint ,my laptop dell g5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen/c53b0e73-fa8d-46e8-98a5-3bad0fa5d79a
  6. lockscreen

lockscreen: cant change lockscreen picture.. it says ˝˝some settings are hidden or managed by your company or institution˝˝ how to and where to change that?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen/e97769c6-8cc9-452c-83de-c3c59074c6b6
  7. How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?

How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?: How do I get the magnetifying glass symbol that provides a like to tell me information about the lock screen picture? ***Modified title from: lock scree***...
  8. Missing Lockscreen setting icons and unfunctional spotlight lockscreen

Missing Lockscreen setting icons and unfunctional spotlight lockscreen: I'm on Windows 10 pro, version 1607, and I have two problems, both of which I believe may be connected. My lock screen spotlight image does not change every now and then; the lock screen spotlight functionality that changes the lock screen picture once every couple of days...
  9. Lockscreen Icons/Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockscreen Icons/Notifications: Hi there. I find an oddity on my Windows 10 lockcreen. It shows an opened envelope at the bottom left, along with a number that seems to increase. It drives me crazy. Right now it's 99+. In my inbox online there are only 2 messages. There is nothing in any of the other...
  10. New icons on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    New icons on lockscreen: Hi. Have been trying on Windows 10, and I noticed that there is a new icon on the lockscreen (unlike the ones on Windows 8.1). Besides the network icon, there is also another one that looks like a screen, but it has a red x in it. Does that refer to tablet mode, like...