Windows 10: Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by bobsagetfullhou, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are signed out and idle for at least one minute.

You will need to dismiss the lock screen to be able to see the sign-in screen and sign in to Windows. Users can dismiss the lock screen using touch, the keyboard, or by dragging it up with the mouse.

Your account's lock screen will show notifications from apps and other senders by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing notifications on the lock screen for your account in Windows 10.

Note You will need to have Get notifications from apps and other senders turned on to be able to turn on Show notifications on the lock screen below.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications on Lock Screen in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Showing Notifications on Lock Screen using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Notification on lock screen

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Showing Notifications on Lock Screen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Notifications on the right side, turn on (default) or off Show notifications on the lock screen for what you want.

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Showing Notifications on Lock Screen using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings

NOC_GLOBAL_SETTING_ALLOW_TOASTS_ABOVE_LOCK DWORD

delete = on
    0 = off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Showing Notifications on Lock Screen
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Notifications_on_Lock_Screen.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Showing Notifications on Lock Screen
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Notifications_on_Lock_Screen.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 5, 2017

2. Message notification on Lumia Icon Windows 10 mobile

After upgrading my Lumia Icon to Windows 10 mobile I no longer get audio of visual notifications when I receive text messages.

Under Notifications and actions I have

Show notifications in action center when my phone is locked checked ON

Show notifications on the lock screen checked ON

Show and sound alarms and reminders when my phone is locked checked ON

under Show notifications for these apps I have Messaging turned on

notifications turned on

show notification banners turned on

keep notifications private on the lock screen turned off

vibrate if my sound settings support it turned on

Notification sound chosen is Nokia Message

MelvinSchey, Sep 5, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    Security Issue -Windows Phone 8.1 - Notification Area

Some people don't mind notifications over the lock screen. I don't.

Nonetheless, your situation has already been taken into account. Go to Settings>notifications+actions and turn off "Show notifications in action centre when screen is locked". With this off, you'll only be able to access quick settings when on the lock screen.

Entegy, Sep 5, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10

Odd. What was the notification for?

Brink, Sep 5, 2017
  5. Completing a torrent in bittorrent.

Edit: Check this out when you have a second - Possible Breach of Security in Win 10 Anniversary Lock Screen w Displayfusion Binary Fortress Software

I use displayfusion which for my second monitor's taskbar. And there seems to be a security issue in windows where apps can force themselves on top of the lock screen. I'm thinking when I locked the PC displayfusion forced itself in front of the lockscreen and the notification used that as a piggyback to itself display past my lock screen.

bobsagetfullhou, Sep 5, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It does sound like that program could be responsible for the notification.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Lock Screen Notifications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Lock

2. How To Turn Off Caps Lock screen notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Turn Off Caps Lock screen notification?: This Has been showing up For a While and it has been getting pretty annoying when playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-caps-lock-screen-notification/6ffdc104-6e26-4cca-8c1c-eca21966adef
  3. How To Turn Off Caps Lock screen notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Turn Off Caps Lock screen notification?: This Has been showing up For a While and it has been getting pretty annoying when playing games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-caps-lock-screen-notification/6ffdc104-6e26-4cca-8c1c-eca21966adef
  4. How to turn off caps lock indicator/notification on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caps lock indicator/notification on screen: I am struggling to turn off the caps lock indicator on my Spin SP314-51 it really irritates me when it pops up when using caps or num lock...
  5. How to turn off caps lock indicator/notification on screen

How to turn off caps lock indicator/notification on screen: I am struggling to turn off the caps lock indicator on my Spin SP314-51 it really irritates me when it pops up when using caps or num lock...
  6. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  7. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  8. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Caps Lock Notification Turn off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock Notification Turn off?: Recently, both my HP Spectre and custom built PC have started receiving caps lock notifications, num lock notifications, and scroll lock notifications. I type using Caps Lock since it's much easier than shift but this new "feature" makes typing essays incredibly annoying...
  10. Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10 shut down[/b]. When the computer is locked, you will be taken to the lock screen by default to dismiss and sign in when ready...