Windows 10: Messed up downloads folder

Discus and support Messed up downloads folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ash Prime, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Ash Prime Win User

Messed up downloads folder

Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop.
    Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going Downloads>Properties>Location and then I did set it to C:\Users\Myusername\Desktop.

After a few days I noticed that my Desktop folder was missing and I now have 2 folders under "This PC" named downloads.
    One is the usual download folder with an arrow pointed downwards. Then the other folder with a blue screen icon beside it which I'm assuming was my DESKTOP folder originally.

It's just so messed I was wondering how to turn it back to normal. I tried changing the Desktop folder named downloads location back to C:\Users\Myusername\Desktop but it somehow changes the original downloads folder as well probably due to them having the same name.

Here's a link to an image to give you an idea. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
    https://i.imgur.com/yXEPQqZ.png

:)

Ash Prime, Apr 29, 2016

2. Help with messed up "download system folder"

I'm experiencing the same issue. I changed the location of my Downloads folder to Desktop. Now, instead of having a Downloads folder and Desktop folder, I have two Desktop folders. I've tried using Restore Default to no avail. I've also tried manually
    typing in 'C:\Users\Anthony\Downloads' to no avail; the folder's name and location remain as Desktop. Please help me!

Anthony Falez, Apr 29, 2016
  3. Help with messed up "download system folder"

I was trying to relocate my user folders on a different drive and accidentally redirected (or merged?) my "download" system folder with my "Document" system folder...

Now, my "download" folder shows the arrow down icon but has been renamed "documents" and I can no longer change its name. How do I restore my original downloads folder?

Noel Moens, Apr 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Messed up downloads folder - Similar Threads - Messed downloads folder

2. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?: So I moved my downloads folder to disc D using this method How to Change the Location of User Folders in Windows 10 - dummies but somehow my files were saving to a downloads folder on disc C idk how it appeared so I deleted the downloads folder on disc d and basically now I...
  3. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?: So I moved my downloads folder to disc D using this method How to Change the Location of User Folders in Windows 10 - dummies but somehow my files were saving to a downloads folder on disc C idk how it appeared so I deleted the downloads folder on disc d and basically now I...
  4. Messed up my downloads folder, any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloads is messed up

Downloads is messed up: Hey so my downloads folder is gone and has nothing In it and is now named c/ and my c drive is full but has nothing in it but my e drive is empty and has everything in it...
  6. Messed Up Main Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed Up Main Folders: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sonbun_142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvll1j/messed_up_main_folders/
  7. Messed Up Changing the Location of the Downloads Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed Up Changing the Location of the Downloads Folder in Windows 10: Hi - this is my first post. I'd appreciate some help correcting an error I made in moving the system folders on my new laptop. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 1909. I created a Data partition (D:) on the SSD. I want to move the system folders (Downloads, Documents, Music,...
  8. Windows Update messed up my downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update messed up my downloads folder.: My downloads folder looks completely different now that I updated my computer and I can't figure out how to get it back to normal. I have a picture of how it is now (Imgur Link), I don't have a picture of how it looked before, but it didn't have the "Today," "Earlier this...
  9. WIndows folders messed up

WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  10. Download Folder View is mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Folder View is mess up: I want my download folder view default. How to change it? Now it looks like this. [img] 134766