Windows 10: Messed up downloads folder

Discus and support Messed up downloads folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ash Prime, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Ash Prime Win User

Messed up downloads folder

Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop.
    Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going Downloads>Properties>Location and then I did set it to C:\Users\Myusername\Desktop.

After a few days I noticed that my Desktop folder was missing and I now have 2 folders under "This PC" named downloads.
    One is the usual download folder with an arrow pointed downwards. Then the other folder with a blue screen icon beside it which I'm assuming was my DESKTOP folder originally.

It's just so messed I was wondering how to turn it back to normal. I tried changing the Desktop folder named downloads location back to C:\Users\Myusername\Desktop but it somehow changes the original downloads folder as well probably due to them having the same name.

Here's a link to an image to give you an idea. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
    https://i.imgur.com/yXEPQqZ.png

:)

Ash Prime, Apr 29, 2016

2. Help with messed up "download system folder"

I'm experiencing the same issue. I changed the location of my Downloads folder to Desktop. Now, instead of having a Downloads folder and Desktop folder, I have two Desktop folders. I've tried using Restore Default to no avail. I've also tried manually
    typing in 'C:\Users\Anthony\Downloads' to no avail; the folder's name and location remain as Desktop. Please help me!

Anthony Falez, Apr 29, 2016
  3. Help with messed up "download system folder"

I was trying to relocate my user folders on a different drive and accidentally redirected (or merged?) my "download" system folder with my "Document" system folder...

Now, my "download" folder shows the arrow down icon but has been renamed "documents" and I can no longer change its name. How do I restore my original downloads folder?

Noel Moens, Apr 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Messed up downloads folder - Similar Threads - Messed downloads folder

2. Messed up Libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up Libraries: Win 10 1809 Somehow my Libraries are messed up with duplicate folders in various different places including under Onedrive. Asking a program to open a Picture folder for example may open an empty one or the correct one. Ditto saving and after saving the file has vanished!! I...
  3. Mouse messing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse messing up: For the last couple of months my usb mouse has been messing up. In the device manager under mice there are 2 HID-compliant mouse. If I don't disable 1 of them, the curser either moves sideways or up by itself. Yesterday I uninstalled the drivers and then plugged back in the...
  4. internet is messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet is messed up: so my connection's were fine until one of my friends changed my calendar to date to 1989 then later I couldn't go to sites like YouTube, Microsoft edge was useless On my desktop it when trying to into any site it says this. I've thought of reseting windows but I don't know if...
  5. I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\: I messed up trying to move my Documents folder location to my D:\ data partition. I was following this tutorial, but not carefully enough: Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 I didn't create a new Documents folder on the D:\ partition first, as the tutorial says...
  6. Messed up playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up playback: After pressing windows+alt+G i get a notification that xbox recorded the clip. So when i go to my captures in my files too see the video its just a black screen with only audio. How do I fix this?...
  7. Music folder messed up, needs admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music folder messed up, needs admin rights: Hey, so I upgraded to Windows 10 and heard Groove Music plays FLAC, so I though OK cool! The old media player was hideous, but this sounds good! I was wrong... doesn't see my embedded artwork or half of the music names and info... now since I started using it, EVERYTHING in...
  8. Default screenshot folder messed up! Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Default screenshot folder messed up! Help!: Hello there guys, I'm running Windows 10 Home. I changed my default screenshot folder from OneDrive>Pictures to my desktop. Now when ever I take screenshots, they are directly saved onto my desktop instead of a "screenshots" folder on my desktop. The only way I can think...
  9. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: Hi. Does anyone know how to fix this terrible mess I got myself into? On disk0 the partitions are out of order. What can I do to fix it? [img] . Any help will be appreciated. 96616
  10. Windows messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows messed up.: Since doing a refresh of Windows 10 some of my menus or whatever are messed up. It is hard to explain and I searched but since I don't know what it is called I will post a screenshot. [img] As you can see the tabs on the top are not flat and look like they did from...