Windows 10: Messed up my settings, help me find them

Discus and support Messed up my settings, help me find them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I lent my computer to a friend a couple weeks ago. I wanted to keep some folders private, so I was messing around trying different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrVr, Aug 29, 2017.

1. MrVr Win User

Messed up my settings, help me find them

Hi!

I lent my computer to a friend a couple weeks ago.
    I wanted to keep some folders private, so I was messing around trying different alternatives.
    Finally settled on just putting them on a separate USB key, but that left a mess behind.

What I'm talking about: I was in a place of admin/user powers, and I deleted a bunch of them. Now, for instance, I can't download things to many folders, especially my big D disk. To extract files, to transfer files, I need to always click that another window of admin 'yes, I confirm'.

Where can I find those abilities I foolishly deleted? How can I reset them back to normal?
    I know I didn't leave much info, but I'm sure to a Win10 expert it'll make sense. I made for instance - 'Users can not use this disk', something like that.

Thank you!

:)

2. Unable to find a network in Barbados

It wouldn't surprise me if they have messed up!!

Will speak to them and find out.

Really appreciate your help

Thank you

TL

tleon---01, Aug 29, 2017
  3. Link3141 Win User
    Help me! My computer is messed up!

On my Lenovo Y70 Touch, my computer recently, after a struggle to download and install, installed Win 10. I have 16 GB of RAM, an Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz, and Touch Support with 10 touch points. I have now ran into a lot of problems.

1. Windows Explorer not refreshing

On my desktop, if I create a file, I have to press F5 in order for it to refresh, instead of it auto-refreshing. I often make files twice or try to delete stuff twice. It happens every time!

2. Windows Explorer/Desktop crashing on startup

1/3 times that I start up my computer, it's just a black screen with my cursor. I have to open task manager and manually start it from the run new task button. It's getting annoying.

3. BSOD System_Service_Exception "Dxgmms2.sys"

A lot of the times that I play Starbound (a Steam game), I'll just be doing nothing different from normal, and then the screen will flash black a couple times and then bluescreen with the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dxgmms2.sys. It's happened 4 times, starting
    yesterday, and it deletes some of my files, including my Starbound player saves. A lot of people who experienced the problems too say it was their NVIDIA Driver, and so they uninstalled and reinstalled their NVIDIA Drivers. I tried that, which leads me to
    my next problem.

4. NVIDIA not letting me reinstall my drivers

Since I deleted my NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX Driver to try to solve #3 (it didnt work, i got another BSOD) the NVIDIA driver installer says that the Installation failed. Then, on the website, it scanned my computer, saying that I need a NVIDIA Graphics card in
    order to download the drivers. I do have one, but it just wont let me since there are no drivers installed for it.

5. Stuff likes to crash

On my computer, about 1/4 the stuff I open crashes. Task Manager, Volume Mixer, Windows Explorer, Chrome, Steam, Skype, etc. It's getting annoying. Please help. Thanks!

Link3141, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Messed up my settings, help me find them

TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2017
  5. MrVr Win User
  6. Bree New Member
    You were given a link to it. You can tell it's a link because it's blue and underlined when your mouse pointer hovers over it. Just click on it.

7. MrVr Win User
    That didn't work.

I'm talking about an interface that I found on my computer, I just don't recall how I got to that place. Does anyone know?

8. Bree New Member

Sounds like you got deep into setting security permissions on files and folders. This tutorial may help you find your way back to the 'interface' you talk of...

Change Permissions of Objects for Users and Groups in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Messed up my settings, help me find them - Similar Threads - Messed settings help

2. can someone help me with my computer that is messing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me with my computer that is messing up?: pc is messed upso my computer has been running into some problems and i don’t know what to do. 1. cannot open file explorer, the window goes white and it says not responding 2. when i open an app, the window also turns white3. my screen flashes black for about 10 seconds and...
  3. can someone help me with my computer that is messing up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can someone help me with my computer that is messing up?: pc is messed upso my computer has been running into some problems and i don’t know what to do. 1. cannot open file explorer, the window goes white and it says not responding 2. when i open an app, the window also turns white3. my screen flashes black for about 10 seconds and...
  4. Can anyone help me? reWASD messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can anyone help me? reWASD messed up my drivers: Hi everyone, I am in bit of a dilemma after I downloaded and installed reWASD on my computer.It didn't do what I was hoping for so I uninstalled it and reverted back to DS4Windows, but now however it won't automatically reconnect my DualShock controller after I lose...
  5. Can anyone help me? reWASD messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me? reWASD messed up my drivers: Hi everyone, I am in bit of a dilemma after I downloaded and installed reWASD on my computer.It didn't do what I was hoping for so I uninstalled it and reverted back to DS4Windows, but now however it won't automatically reconnect my DualShock controller after I lose...
  6. Pls help me. I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pls help me. I messed up: I was installing chromium os in my old laptop which had windows 10. I booted chromium os through a flash drive and then cleared my hard drive to install chromium os. That resulted in the deletion of windows 10. Now I am creating a bootable USB for windows from the official...
  7. Settings messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings messed up: My system settings reset for some reason and can’t restore them. This has caused me to not be able to connect to any WiFi, etc. I need help ASAP since i cant use my computer properly...
  8. Windows Account settings are messed up for me.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Account settings are messed up for me.: I signed into a computer (that is not mine) once just to email one thing and now my account is the administrative outlook account in the "Your Info" inside the Accounts settings tab. I tried removing my account from the "Email and App Accounts Tab" (In the accounts settings...
  9. My Monitor Settings Are Messed Up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Monitor Settings Are Messed Up.: Split from this thread. My factory colors have changed and U can not see anything... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-monitor-settings-are-messed-up/8173aca1-3ee5-4ed2-b1f9-f5efc6b6a8be
  10. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Messed up Bios settings. Please help: I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently speed up and slow down. Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows...