Windows 10: Metered Connection - Stil Gettin Messages and Setting is Turned to Off

Discus and support Metered Connection - Stil Gettin Messages and Setting is Turned to Off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently purchased a new PC with Windows 10. I am now seeing messages in several places about having a metered connection. I checked the WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Honourdm, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Honourdm Win User

Metered Connection - Stil Gettin Messages and Setting is Turned to Off

Recently purchased a new PC with Windows 10. I am now seeing messages in several places about having a metered connection. I checked the WiFi settings and the setting is turned to off for a metered connection yet the PC is still telling me the connection is metered in my notifications and also where my printers are listed (saying they couldn't be connected due to a metered connection, although the printer does work). We use WiFi and do not have data limitations so how do I get rid of these messages on the PC???

:)

Honourdm, Mar 8, 2019

2. Set Metered Connection not an option

Hi,

You may try the steps below and check.

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered:

• Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet
      > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks.
    • Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection
    Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 8, 2019
  3. OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Mar 8, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Metered Connection - Stil Gettin Messages and Setting is Turned to Off - Similar Threads - Metered Connection Stil

2. Turn Off Metered Connection Warning in Outlook Without Changing System Settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn Off Metered Connection Warning in Outlook Without Changing System Settings?: Hello! Question pretty much in the subject. I have Microsoft Office 365 on my Windows 10 PC. I have my home network set as a metered connection, for a reason. I do not want that to change. I noticed that I was able to change the "automatically pause syncing on a metered...
  3. Unable to set connection as "metered"

Unable to set connection as "metered": Problem: I connect to a WiFi network, then I open connection settings and set the connection to metered. When I go back to connection settings, the metered connection toggle switch is in "off state". The problem isn't specific to a connection, I've tried on multiple...
  4. setting up metered connection

setting up metered connection: I cant turn on metered connection on my windows 10.My laptop is connected to a wifi network. metered connection button is visible i cant turn it on . here is a screenshot attached below. [ATTACH]...
  5. Metered connection option keeps turning off

Metered connection option keeps turning off: Hi. I got this annoying problem, when i set a connection as metered windows turning it off! in other word the option does not save! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection-option-keeps-turning-off/04fb5a9d-5b2b-4680-9b2a-6f465e465393
  6. Set metered connection as default?

Set metered connection as default?: Hi! Is there away to set metered connections as the default, rather than having to remember to set each new network as metered? (It seems I use a lot of different networks, and as soon as I connect to one that I have forgotten to set as metered - BAM! Windows wrecks my...
  7. metered connection off

metered connection off: hallo everyone may some one please help me with switching on the metered cellular data connection on, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection-off/d30889c7-e455-4ff8-8256-af9429436734
  8. Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION

Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Home insider preview Single Language, with 1803 version, OS Build is 17692.1004 It was updated to this Build on 09/07/2018. After this update I am unable to find an option. I use cellular data which is limited so I always used it as a metered...
  9. Turn Off / Cancel / Remove Metered Connection Status

Turn Off / Cancel / Remove Metered Connection Status: I don't recall the details, but several months ago a Windows update item repeatedly failed to install on this PC. I thought the install attempts were interfering with my use of the PC. I followed a suggestion that I set my connection as "metered" to give me more control over...
  10. set metered connection is not activate

set metered connection is not activate: hi i am trying to active set metered connection in my setting , when i active it and leave setting and return it switched to OFF again i tried this way " netsh wlan set profileparameter name=dlink_DWR-932_6789 cost=fixed " and it shows " Profile "dlink_DWR-932_6789"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. User get message the metered connection is turned off