Windows 10: Metered Connection

Discus and support Metered Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalebPedro, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Metered Connection

I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How can I change this and change to metered connection

:)

CalebPedro, Nov 24, 2018

2. OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Nov 24, 2018
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Metered Connection

Metered connections in Windows 10

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me guide you how to turn on metered connection on Windows 10.

To turn on the metered connection follow the below steps:

• Connect to the network that you want to turn on the metered connection.

• Click on the network icon on the system tray and click on
      Network settings.

• Click on Wi-Fi on the left pane and click on
      Advanced option on the right side.
    • Now you can turn on the metered connection.
    Hope this helps. Post us in case if you have any further issues with Windows, we will be glad to help you further.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Metered Connection

1. Metered Connection - Similar Threads - Metered Connection

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  4. How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections: Recently, I have started facing heavy data usage issues. Whenever I connect my laptop's wifi to my mobile hotspot, it consumes a lot of data even though my device is set as metered connection in my laptop. Under 5 minutes the "Data used by connected device" on my mobile read...
  5. How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections

How to reduce heavy data usage on a laptop on metered connections: Recently, I have started facing heavy data usage issues. Whenever I connect my laptop's wifi to my mobile hotspot, it consumes a lot of data even though my device is set as metered connection in my laptop. Under 5 minutes the "Data used by connected device" on my mobile read...
  6. Bluetooth mouse not working because i am on a metered connection, but I can’t click on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse not working because i am on a metered connection, but I can’t click on...: Bluetooth mouse won’t work because I am on a metered connection but I can’t click on the button to enable downloading on a metered connection. When I am on it white square around the button pressing enter won’t enable it....
  7. Bluetooth mouse not working because i am on a metered connection, but I can’t click on...

Bluetooth mouse not working because i am on a metered connection, but I can’t click on...: Bluetooth mouse won’t work because I am on a metered connection but I can’t click on the button to enable downloading on a metered connection. When I am on it white square around the button pressing enter won’t enable it....
  8. Bluetooth mouse not working because i am on a metered connection, but I can’t click on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows Server 2022 Datacenter 21H2 thinks that I'm on a metered connection

Windows Server 2022 Datacenter 21H2 thinks that I'm on a metered connection: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter 21H2 thinks that I'm on a metered connection, but I'm not. I've tried flipping the "metered connection" switch on and off again, but it doesn't change. Could this be because I'm on a VLAN? How do I get my server to treat the connection as a...
  10. Windows Server 2022 Datacenter 21H2 thinks that I'm on a metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2022 Datacenter 21H2 thinks that I'm on a metered connection: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter 21H2 thinks that I'm on a metered connection, but I'm not. I've tried flipping the "metered connection" switch on and off again, but it doesn't change. Could this be because I'm on a VLAN? How do I get my server to treat the connection as a...