Windows 10: Microsoft account hacked and alias deleted

Discus and support Microsoft account hacked and alias deleted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently had my Microsoft account taken over and my alias removed from it by hackers. After speaking on the phone to many Microsoft employees it has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jamesmorales2, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Microsoft account hacked and alias deleted

I recently had my Microsoft account taken over and my alias removed from it by hackers. After speaking on the phone to many Microsoft employees it has become apparent that this means that I have lost everything that was stored on my onedrive. I am absolutely devastated as my life and livelihood was on that account. I am incredibly concerned at the serious security flaw that allowed someone to change the email address and phone number associated with the account without access to either and have lost all faith in this company. I hope anyone who reads this learns from my mistakes and backs up their onedrive to another cloud storage service or, better yet, physically. In future I hope that Microsoft rectify this problem with the way the microsoft account works - it seems to me that onedrive should probably be "bracketed" from the microsoft account so that if it is hacked as mine was all is not lost. If anyone believes I have misunderstood how this stuff works please let me know as right now I would do anything to recover those folders!

:)

Jamesmorales2, Apr 10, 2020

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Change Account Primary Alias

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

By follow the steps below you can login using the alias and not the Microsoft account.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Microsoft account hacked and alias deleted

Microsoft Account primary alias

Hi gasparemaiorino,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

How to Change the Primary Alias for your Microsoft Account

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/42098-chang...

Here you will find all the information related to the Alias in your Microsoft account, create, change and delete.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-or...

Verify if your account is set up as an administrator account, follow the steps in the links to verify if it is now allowed or if the problem remains

I hope the steps work for you too

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

CharlesJones32, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account hacked and alias deleted

1. Microsoft account hacked and alias deleted - Similar Threads - Microsoft account hacked

2. Change my hacked accounts primary alias email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change my hacked accounts primary alias email: Hello, My account was recently hacked and the primary account alias is not my email. I would like it if someone could help me change it, because right now I am getting an error saying that I have to wait another week before I can change it because it has been changed too many...
  3. account hacked and deleted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account hacked and deleted?: this account I am posting on right now is compromised and I cannot use this email address to sign in anywhere, but I was still signed in on this site so I can post here.when I try to log in the recovery email for my password is a completely different account that I is the...
  4. account hacked and deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account hacked and deleted?: this account I am posting on right now is compromised and I cannot use this email address to sign in anywhere, but I was still signed in on this site so I can post here.when I try to log in the recovery email for my password is a completely different account that I is the...
  5. account hacked and deleted?

6. Account got hacked, primary alias changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account got hacked, primary alias changed: Hi,My account got hacked and alias changed without my permission. I’ve tried looking up ways to get my account back, but I keep running into the issue of Microsoft not recognizing the account because the username/alias was changed I presume. The only way I can verify that my...
  7. Account got hacked, primary alias changed

Account got hacked, primary alias changed: Hi,My account got hacked and alias changed without my permission. I’ve tried looking up ways to get my account back, but I keep running into the issue of Microsoft not recognizing the account because the username/alias was changed I presume. The only way I can verify that my...
  8. Account got hacked, primary alias changed

9. Microsoft account alias

Microsoft account alias: I am trying to add my email to another Microsoft account as an alias, so I deleted the account that the email had my email so it would not say "This email address is already taken. Please try another." Do I have to wait the 60 days until my account is permanently closed to...
  10. Microsoft Account primary alias

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account primary alias: How do I change my Microsoft account primary alias? I am currently blocked from changing it. It is a personal account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-primary-alias/578b7a78-249f-4040-b056-c2ca4cb18c8c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account hacked and deleted