Windows 10: Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If I decide to go up to Windows 10 upgrade. Do I have to have a Microsoft Account? Or can I just show it by my name and local account? 39755 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FD611V, Feb 4, 2016.

1. FD611V Win User

Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Home

If I decide to go up to Windows 10 upgrade. Do I have to have a Microsoft Account? Or can I just show it by my name and local account?

:)

FD611V, Feb 4, 2016

2. trying to elimimate the need for use of a password in windows 10?

Windows 10 HOME or PRO?

Using LOCAL accounts or a Microsoft Account to log into Windows?

Shenan Stanley, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Can not Sign in a microsoft account instead in Windows 10 home

Can not Sign in a microsoft account instead in Windows 10 home.

What to do ??

palashsahare, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello FD611V, *Smile

You don't have to sign in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account. You could sign in with a local account only.

However, if you wanted to use Windows apps (aka: modern apps from the Store), you would need to at least sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account. If you don't plan on using them, then you don't need a Microsoft account at all.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 4, 2016
  5. FD611V Win User
    That may be easier said than done. I installed Windows 10 on my wife's Dell Windows 7 laptop, and before it completed it's installation it required a Microsoft account and email address. When I tried to get around it, there was no way I could find to finish the upgrade other than register a Microsoft account and email.

I found a website...How do I switch back to a local account sign-in for Windows 10? - Ask Leo! 10 That may help to return back to a local account.

FD611V, Feb 4, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Home

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed - Computer says Home, Microsoft account says Pro,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed - Computer says Home, Microsoft account says Pro,...: As above.Dell Inspiron 15 5510Came with Windows 10 Home.Went into my account on the Microsoft website, selected the Dell device, went to upgrade by paying $99+Tax to go from Win 10 Home to Pro.The transaction went through Microsoft website now says my computer is Win 10 Pro...
  3. Changing the microsoft account details for a Windows 10 administrator on a home pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the microsoft account details for a Windows 10 administrator on a home pc: Here's my problem. I have deleted the microsoft account that I used when I set up my home pc. I now want to change it to my current Microsoft account name but cant find a way to do so. Any suggestions or pointers please? Thanks in Anticipation...
  4. Microsoft 10 home.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft 10 home.: I have Microsoft 10 home. The OSC has 103GB and DataD 931GB. The OSC is filling up rapidly but there is nothing in the Data D. how do I get better use of D? Brian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-home/4f7a00ec-46c7-4e49-abcc-a4babfc87149
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 home

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows 10 home: Hello, I was wondering where I would be able to find the price of the different Windows 10's such as home and pro in China in the Chinese Yuan. Please let me know if this information is available, I need it for a school project. Thank you so much!...
  6. How to reset Windows 10 Home Edition Local Account password using Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reset Windows 10 Home Edition Local Account password using Microsoft account: I have personal Dell laptop running on Windows 10 Home Edition. I log in using PIN regularly but I have forgotten my password, also I dont have reset password disk. My local account is mapped to Microsoft account and I have its password, can log in there. I see many people...
  7. Linking a Windows 10 Home license to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Linking a Windows 10 Home license to a Microsoft account: I have a laptop with a Windows 10 Home license. I made a new build some days ago and I have to install the OS. If I log in with my Microsoft account in the laptop, will that license be attached to my account forever even if I log out or I need to keep my account logged in...
  8. Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Local Account to Microsoft Account not available in Windows 10 Home: In Windows 10 Home Settings>Accounts>Info 'Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead' Is not available It is only available in Windows 10 Pro How can I change Local Account to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Home?...
  9. microsoft 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft 10 home: I hope I am in the right place. I need help on getting the anniversary, URL I need to d/l and put on Flash Drive. for the desktop win10 home, and can I use my win10Pro laptop to do all this? Please, 1 more? How to remove Bright Bright Yellow Color off my screen. It...
  10. Temporary Activation of windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home laptop with Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Temporary Activation of windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home laptop with Microsoft account.: I have a question about this scenario where I got a laptop on a temporary basis with Windows 10 Home preinstalled from the manufacturer. I Upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro with generic key and then activated it with my account. After 6 months I returned the laptop to its owner....