Windows 10: Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Discus and support Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re committed to helping our users keep their personal information secure and private. A key part of our work is identifying and preventing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Dec 30, 2015
  2. Rocky Win User

This is interesting. Microsoft is going to tell the bad guys that they are being watched.

:)

Rocky, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Suspect Network Penetration

Auriel Kitsu, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Suspect Network Penetration

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

To assist you better please provide few details.

1. How did you installed Windows 10 in your system?

2. Did Japanese language pack installed in your system?

3. Which anti-virus software is installed in your system?

4. Did you try to login through Local account or Microsoft account?

If it is Microsoft account, It is more secured to use.Microsoft account is the email address you use, along with your password, to sign in to any Microsoft program or service, such as Outlook.com, Hotmail, Messenger, OneDrive, Xbox LIVE, or Office Live.

Reference: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure

Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Please reply here with the results so that we can assist you further.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Cr00zng Win User
    It's more of a PR announcement than anything else... Microsoft is watching everyone, be that on devices or in the cloud. It's unlikely that the "bad guys" didn't know that, even without MS spelling it out. For that matter, it's also unlikely that the "bad guys" don't know that they are being watched by Google, Yahoo, social networks, etc.

Cr00zng, Jan 1, 2016
  6. Yes that is nice to know so they are coming in line with everyone else,

hTconeM9user, Jan 1, 2016
  7. Cr00zng Win User
    MS had completed coming in line with everyone else for awhile... *Wink

They didn't have much of a choice, if they'd want to be relevant in the future...

Cr00zng, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

1. Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure - Similar Threads - Microsoft Additional steps

2. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved: Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so...
  3. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved: Hi!I have tried to understand if a server is involved with 2FA using for example Microsoft Authenticator or any other similar app. I need to understand if any personal information is stored by Microsoft when using the authenticator. In the app there is account information so...
  4. Microsoft authenticator - personal information saved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Delete Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Personal Information: I have reset my laptop in order to sell it, but do not want to enter email and password. How do I bypass this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-personal-information/3122e683-27db-415e-a259-e79d3ad9191a
  6. Delete Personal Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Personal Information: I have reset my laptop in order to sell it, but do not want to enter email and password. How do I bypass this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-personal-information/3122e683-27db-415e-a259-e79d3ad9191a
  7. Delete Personal Information

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. gave personal information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    gave personal information: So i was browsing my computer and then i got a message that my computer has been hack. So there was a number and i called it. So the guy who i was talking said to open a site but before i did i check if it was a scam ,and it was .So i hung up. But now i am afraid because i...
  9. hide additional search information

in Cortana
    hide additional search information: I've just reinstalled windows 10 pro with the latest updates and I've noticed that my search menu looks a bit different. There's a large space on the right with additional information that I don't want to see. Is there anyone to minimize or collapse this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Show additional information at bottom of explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show additional information at bottom of explorer?: Hi! Is it possible to show additional file information at the bottom of the file explorer like it was in windows 7? It was especially useful when the view is set to details and no thumbnails of images are shown and when i click on an image it shows a little preview at the...