Windows 10: Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone

Discus and support Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Although no details have been provided, it’s expected that the upcoming File Explorer update could bring tabs and touch support, as these are two of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone

Read more:
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...e-501964.shtml

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 20, 2016

2. Tabs feature in windows file explorer

Not yet. Redstone 2 is expected to have a file explorer overhaul, but still it is unclear that it might have tab feature. Feedback's are always welcomed by MS:

Feedback - Send to Microsoft in Windows 10

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 20, 2016
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 20, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone

hmm interesting. They'l probably convert it to a modern app and ruin it.

swarfega, Mar 20, 2016
  5. Ruin it *Biggrin

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 20, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    Well, what do you know... Softpedia finally posts some real "news". However, they felt the need to color it with stupid commentary and recommending an app that isn't fully compatible with Windows 10 (clover). They're such idiots.

Mystere, Mar 20, 2016
  7. MrBill Win User
    Well I would be for the modern app, just not a crappy modern app. Part of the complaint in Windows 8.x was the many touch-centric interfaces and how badly they sucked on the traditional keyboard/mouse interface. I don't think it would be a good idea to make File Explorer more touch centric across the board as we could end up where we were with Windows 8.

Ideally, universal apps are more dynamic, so it should play better in both worlds. (Noticed I did say ideally.)

That said, their new development platform so far leaves something to be desired over the legacy winapi. Whatever they do, I hope they don't screw either the touch users or the desktop users.

MrBill, Mar 20, 2016
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

With four monitors who needs tabs. . .*Smile

9. BunnyJ New Member
    I would think that if this does occur that it will show up in an insider build way before Redstone.. and they didn't say which one?? RS1 or RS2??

BunnyJ, Mar 20, 2016
  10. hTconeM9user, Mar 20, 2016
  11. Hopachi Win User
    If it will give some 'wait operation has timed out' each time I open a folder, like our notorious Photos app, no thanks.

Hopachi, Mar 20, 2016
  12. larc919 Win User
    If they make File Explorer better than Free Commander XE, then I'll be interested. Otherwise...

larc919, Mar 20, 2016
  13. Winuser Win User

Hmm! I wonder why they are doing this. If I remember correctly I was told very few people wanted this.

Winuser, Mar 21, 2016
  14. Didn't MS shut down the feedback/requests site?
    I can't find it.

File Explorer tabs was the #4 request in October 2014.

lehnerus2000, Mar 21, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    Feedback is still on.

Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone - Similar Threads - Microsoft Confirms File

2. Windows 10 Purchase Confirmation Email never arrived.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Purchase Confirmation Email never arrived.: Purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro via the Microsoft Online Store. The Product Key displayed once I completed the purchase, however I accidentally closed the tab, and when I reopened the tab it was no longer displayed. The order page says a confirmation email should...
  3. Windows 10 Purchase Confirmation Email never arrived.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Purchase Confirmation Email never arrived.: Purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro via the Microsoft Online Store. The Product Key displayed once I completed the purchase, however I accidentally closed the tab, and when I reopened the tab it was no longer displayed. The order page says a confirmation email should...
  4. Windows 10 Purchase Confirmation Email never arrived.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 is getting new File Explorer icons as part of a visual overhaul

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is getting new File Explorer icons as part of a visual overhaul: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_Ninja_b0y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mccj2e/windows_10_is_getting_new_file_explorer_icons_as/
  6. Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X: Windows 10X was originally going to be an operating system for dual-screen products like Surface Neo, but it’ll be arriving on traditional single-screen laptops first, according to Microsoft. The final version of Windows 10X includes a new modern File Explorer which has deep...
  7. How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer: Version 1903 (OS build 18362.535) How do I enable "confirm delete" in File Explorer? I already have it enabled in the Recycle Bin, but prefer to have it enabled in File Explorer. Thanks. 147315
  8. Redstone 4 and file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redstone 4 and file sharing: I am using my windows 7 PC to share out files to my windows 10 pro machine. I know things are changing with Redstone 4 but would like to know if my current setup (files shared from windows 7 to my windows 10) machine will continue to work with Redstone 4. Any info would be...
  9. Windows 10: Extensions for Edge to arrive with Redstone in 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Extensions for Edge to arrive with Redstone in 2016: ...Insiders will likely get to mess with extensions before the summer however, as the Insider Program will likely begin receiving new Redstone builds way before RTM is released to the public. Microsoft will want developers and insiders to test (and develop) extensions within...
  10. Microsoft confirms the death of Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms the death of Internet Explorer: Microsoft has officially confirmed the impending retirement of its Internet Explorer web browser and its replacement with Project Spartan. Criss Capossela, Microsoft’s marketing chief, said: “We’re now researching what the new brand, or the new name, for our browser...