Windows 10: Microsoft Defender anti virus not updating in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Defender anti virus not updating in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am receiving a message that anti virus protection in Windows 10 is out of date. When I attempt to update manually this does not resolve the problem.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by poldog99, Apr 22, 2020.

1. poldog99 Win User

Microsoft Defender anti virus not updating in Windows 10

I am receiving a message that anti virus protection in Windows 10 is out of date. When I attempt to update manually this does not resolve the problem.

:)

poldog99, Apr 22, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Apr 22, 2020
  4. oemSoft Win User

How to setup Windows Defender update periods for anti-virus?

I would like to know on how How to setup Windows Defender update periods for anti-virus.

Such as checking update for every 10 minutes

Furthermore, do windows defender provide protection for web browser? such as Firefox, Chrome, IE

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Defender anti virus not updating in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender anti

2. window update in window 11 keep updating Microsoft Defender anti virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window update in window 11 keep updating Microsoft Defender anti virus: Respectfully, I have window 11 Pro, it is new, for a few days I have faced a problem, in this sense the windows update keeping continuously updating Microsoft Defender anti virus MDAV several time per day, in over 3 days I have received over 13-14 update!! meanwhile I have...
  3. window update in window 11 keep updating Microsoft Defender anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window update in window 11 keep updating Microsoft Defender anti virus: Respectfully, I have window 11 Pro, it is new, for a few days I have faced a problem, in this sense the windows update keeping continuously updating Microsoft Defender anti virus MDAV several time per day, in over 3 days I have received over 13-14 update!! meanwhile I have...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  5. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  6. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Defender Anti-Virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  8. Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus

Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus: I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It seems like there is a conflict with it. It turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus. Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus Program...What Went Wrong?...
  9. Problem with Microsoft Defender Anti Virus...

Problem with Microsoft Defender Anti Virus...: I cannot activate my Microsoft defender anti-Virus softwear...tryed everything to no avail...I do not have anything that should interfere with it... just keep getting a message to talk to my IT person...I Am That person......
  10. Unable to update Windows Defender Anti-Virus on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows Defender Anti-Virus on Windows 10: I had to recover Windows 10 on my HP15 Notebook PC several days ago. Since the recovery, Windows Defender Anti Virus will not update. I have tried numerous fixes but still not able to update. Has Anyone else had this problem? Any Suggestions?...