Windows 10: Microsoft Edge annoyance ...

Discus and support Microsoft Edge annoyance ... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'd like to switch over to Microsoft Edge, but one simple problem prevents me from doing so. And that problem is how Microsoft Edge keeps opening up in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Omnimaxus, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Omnimaxus Win User

Microsoft Edge annoyance ...

I'd like to switch over to Microsoft Edge, but one simple problem prevents me from doing so. And that problem is how Microsoft Edge keeps opening up in different window positions onscreen every time I open it. Very, very, very annoying. I know Windows Explorer had this problem before until Microsoft fixed it in a subsequent cumulative update. But yet in my searches online for how to fix the problem for Edge, results are split. Some people say it doesn't happen for them (?), but many others say it does. Anyone have the same experience while using Edge? Hopefully Microsoft will fix this "bug" soon.

Thanks in advance to those who respond.

:)

Omnimaxus, Jan 25, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft Silverlight not working with Windows 10

Microsoft Silverlight is no longer supported on any browsers except Internet Explorer, Edge does not support it at all, Microsoft has stopped supporting Silverlight, much to the annoyance of us developers!

DaveM121, Jan 25, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Microsoft Silverlight

Microsoft Silverlight is no longer supported by Microsoft, much to the annoyance of us developers.

It should work on Internet Explorer and some versions of Firefox but other than that it is not supported especially on EDGE.

Hope this helps!

DaveM121, Jan 25, 2016
  4. Omnimaxus Win User

*bump* Anyone ... ? Hard to believe Microsoft hasn't fixed this. I actually want to use Microsoft Edge as my regular browser, but I refuse to because of this one thing. Microsoft, are you listening? Maybe we all should crowdsource the question of needing to fix this problem with Edge, and maybe Microsoft will finally listen ...

Omnimaxus, Jan 28, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
  6. Mystere Win User
    Well, considering you're not getting much response here, that suggests few people are actually bothered by this. Unlike Windows Explorer, I think most people run their browser full screen, so would never notice.

Mystere, Jan 29, 2016
  7. JohnC Win User
    It is annoying. I reported this using the feedback app[ *Start + ?] Do so also by writing your own complaint or by upvoting one that is listed. It will take maybe 2 minutes tops. In the meantime run as full screen or side by side with something else.

JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge annoyance ... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge annoyance

2. Annoying Microsoft popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Microsoft popup: When I click to open an email in Outlook I have popup "When you sign in, we use your account to sign you in to other Microsoft apps and services," with options to "Continue" or "Don't sign in." I click "Don't sign in", as I use different Microsoft accounts for different...
  3. Annoying Microsoft popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying Microsoft popup: When I click to open an email in Outlook I have popup "When you sign in, we use your account to sign you in to other Microsoft apps and services," with options to "Continue" or "Don't sign in." I click "Don't sign in", as I use different Microsoft accounts for different...
  4. Annoying Microsoft Store Problem.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Annoying Microsoft Store Problem.: Hello, a problem with the Microsoft store has come up after I purchased Forza Horizon 4. The problem I am having is the game simply will not install. There are no error messages that pop up, nor does Microsoft store freeze, it just does not work. Essentially, I would...
  5. Annoying Microsoft Edge Recommendation in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying Microsoft Edge Recommendation in Windows Settings: I am on the latest Windows 10 Dev Channel, version 20197.1000. In Windows Settings there is a recommendation that wants me to change my browser and search engine. I am already using Edge Chromium and I am not going to use Bing. There is no option to refuse it. Microsoft...
  6. How to get rid of annoying "use microsoft edge" stuffs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of annoying "use microsoft edge" stuffs?: Im just sticking with chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-annoying-use-microsoft-edge/6770a24d-4a8a-4e18-b3cc-0cbce769a247
  7. Edge annoying pop-up

Edge annoying pop-up: Just Curious, but when if ever are you planning on deleting the annoying Microsoft New App? I keep saying "No Thanks", but it insists on coming back. I may be mistaken, but I'll bet there are others who feel the same way....
  8. Annoying microsoft notifications

Annoying microsoft notifications: Does anyone know how to turn off the following pop up from Microsoft? I'm in a website called 'tui' and each time I go on to another page a box pops up at the bottom of my screen saying: 'tui.co.uk wants to send you notifications, but first you need to go to settings and...
  9. That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU

in Browsers and Email
    That annoying Edge icon in IE11 on CU: Has anyone figured a way to turn this crap off? [img] Yes, I know that Edge is Microsoft's "preferred" browser. No, I'm not interested. I need IE for work purposes because of legacy ActiveX components, so that annoying icon does no good. I'm trying to get the new...
  10. Microsoft Edge: How to disable annoying Nag Screen?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: How to disable annoying Nag Screen?: I have updated to Windows 10. I didn't like Microsoft Edge (I use the favourites bar a lot for basic navigation, and it doesn't work very well in Edge - Folders cannot be added, titles cannot be edited etc...), so I reverted back to IE11, and made this my default. Now every...