Windows 10: Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

Discus and support Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab in Cortana to solve the problem; I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix????... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by sanju,sanjay,sanjana, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix????

:)

sanju,sanjay,sanjana, Nov 16, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

SUCCESS ! I could not Reset in Apps & features because Edge is not listed. So I used the brute force method. Deleted contents of this folder -

*Arrow Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

C:\Users\%username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe and the ran powershell (admin) command - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Opened Edge and a few tabs, checked the 'Always close ...' box and check registry and Voila, the entry is there and set to '0'

Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab [​IMG]

and dialog box doesn't open any more in subsequent openings and closings of Edge. Now to reset my faves and settings. *Mad Thanks for your suggestions, Brink. Cheers.

mrgeek, Nov 16, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

"If you don't mind, post a screenshot showing this registry key location to see if anything else may stand out as unusual. "

Still not sticking. Here's reg w/your key added, no problem closing all tabs by clicking 'X' in upper-R corner of Edge, no message.

Now, re-open Edge with several tabs open. Click 'X' and message appears again. Filled in 'Always close ***' and closed Edge. Here's screen before closing, you see dialog box again

Refreshed View of registry and, as you can see, key is now gone again.

Just an annoyance but I know that on every other browser, ticking the box lets me close all by simply clicking 'X' in upper R. Any help or suggestions welcome and Thanks.

mrgeek, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

Microsoft Edge: want to close current tab

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to keep cursor on the tab to the right corner and check if it show the Red Cross mark to close the current tab.

If the Red Cross mark does not show then I suggest you to run sfc scan and check if it helps:

SFC/Scannow checks your Windows installation for errors and corrects them. This will help with ensuring that a smooth upgrade occurs.

• Type Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type: CMD and hit OK
    • At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow
    Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

1. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab - Similar Threads - Microsoft edge closing

2. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tabs always closing: Heyi recently changed my mother board and cant use a product key so i tried to use the troubleshoot feature and click on "i changed hardware on this device recently" then the Microsoft account tabs opens quick and instantly closes itself. the same happens when i click on get...
  3. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft tabs always closing: Heyi recently changed my mother board and cant use a product key so i tried to use the troubleshoot feature and click on "i changed hardware on this device recently" then the Microsoft account tabs opens quick and instantly closes itself. the same happens when i click on get...
  4. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Enable or Disable Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  6. How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?: Is there any way to do it via an extension or setting? Firefox can do it. Thanks. submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxmuo9/how_to_prevent_close_of_new_microsoft_edge/
  7. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  8. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  9. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  10. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge closing and repoening